Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new club - what do we want?

Get the injured/ offseason players to do the rounds a bit outside of Newcastle to promote the game.

Jets players are never sighted at schools promoting the game and the Club.

Don't know about the situation in Newcastle (wasn't the case when I went to school there anyway with KB or the Breakers), but there's no connection in the North. Meanwhile NRL players and different clubs are regularly touring, despite football being more popular.

I want the fays married
    The internet fast and
    The children educated

Barring that, Emerald, cinnamon and gold away
    Griff, even if he's only an ambassador to the club, the stadium announcer executed in a pre game entertainment spectacular
    Memberships prices to stay close to what they are
    Quality signings over celebrity names.
    Better pre season matches Awaydays to the likes of Syd Utd and Blacktown and no more preseasons against Gypos diluting the derby.

Tell the new coach that the quote moving forward is now banned.

To have aspirations to make the Top four every year.
    To make Hunter Stadium a stronghold again where opposing teams know when they come here they are going to have to battle for the full 90 minutes just to get a point let alone a win.
    Play positive "sexy football" with a swagger at home.
    Stay true to the "promoting locals" rhetoric, if the club say that is what they are about than carry it through BUT if we have an opportunity to sign a better player for the same $$$ than unfortunately value for money>>>loyalty.

For me it's paramount to build a football team with a winning mentality and culture, we get that right, everything else will eventually take care of itself......BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!!!
    Last edited by stopper2; 27-05-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Would like to think the offensively loud music can go away too.
    Go jetties

Bring back the gold as the home kit. Away kit to change between black and white, green and brown, red and blue.

Stay at hunter stadium, stay as the jets aswell

Sign a quality striker from Europe that is well known. Another Emile heskey style player would be great for marketing and building crowds.

Play more 7:30pm Saturday home games or even better Saturday 7:45pm.

Sign a coach with proven success.

Banned
    Dead Serious Here

Up the Membership Prices.

I know it goes against the grain as people hate to pay more for something.

Dirt cheap membership has seen us struggle for success as we have had a half arse run club which is hardly surprising when you reduce the amount of income from such a big sauce of your overall income

Sad reality is we have to dip into our pockets more to have a successful club that is financially strong into the future.

Make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    A new thread - I hope to promote to the wider fanbase for SERIOUS and GENUINE discussion about what we want the club to look like into the future.

Structure, Values, Playing style, fan and finacial interactions etc etc

Im going to encourage club admin to view it, and will presenting a summary at the next sub-committee meeting.

Usual forum rules apply - but lets all actually follow them!

I agree with Gav, Also bring the club back to the fans the way it was back in the earlier years until Con left the club when supporters would be lined up to meet their favourite players etc. Change the colours and encourage kids to return to the fan base and lets make the club what it was before all this BS began.. By doing this it will encourage fans to support the players and in turn lift the moral of the club within the community. We were once a force within the A League and we can be that again.. NTUA..

1. dont bring griff back, too old and big ego
    2. bring in players that will work for the team, the banner newcastle united fans had the other day was spot on. " we dont demand a team that wins, we demand a team that tries" burnley are a perfect example on how to play when your the underdog, even though they are getting relegated they have done very well for the team and money they have.
    3. dont sign a marquee
    4. bleed youth
    5. youth/w-league games before match
    6. bring in a coach that demands hardwork etc
    7. dont sign mulvey

1. change the game-day announcer,can't stand him, he sounds like it's an under-5s gala day
    2. jets youth to look at npl/newfm clubs for players, many players in those teams that could really excel under top coaching
    3. become a team that the fans are proud of, no diving, 110% commitment, full of passion
    4. sign players like lee and alivodic instead of heskey/culina, big names mean nothing if they dont have the legs anymore.
    5. become more connected with the fans, get the crowd going, celebrating with the squadron, when the players are injured and walking around the ground they seem almost scared of the fans.
    6. fans to become more optimistic, we could sign messi and people will still say it is a bad signing,lighten up and support the team

the twitter sidebar on the foz just had something on to the effect of Michael Bridges keen to rebuild the Jets culture.

reminds me of the blokes who used to smash your windows on a saturday night then turn up sunday morning to replace them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Would like to think the offensively loud music can go away too.
    Something tells me if the rocket surgeons at the jets couldn't organise this in the season just gone they won't be able to wrap their heads around it in the foreseeable future, lets remember that this would cost nothing and has been raised how many times, hell I'd settle for them to simply reduce the volume to a level somewhere south of the ear piercing fighter jet drowning volume its played at, side note for club, if I can't hear if my mate wants a another round of beers, the music is too ****en loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    the twitter sidebar on the foz just had something on to the effect of Michael Bridges keen to rebuild the Jets culture.

reminds me of the blokes who used to smash your windows on a saturday night then turn up sunday morning to replace them.
    This

Need a team that doesn't pander to fans

Struts around a wins most games and then celebrates into the night

Have a manager who's arrogant and gets his players to win at all costs

Has a backline that are a bunch of khunts

have midfield that are brilliant academically and with their feet

forwards who are like Berish

gets trophies

Don't care where they come from

Haven't really had anything to say on this yet but a few things come to mind.

1. Keep the membership price affordable. I think someone said it should go up but I think it'll be better to keep it cheap and keep the casuals coming. If we have success next season than by all means up the price. Hope what I mean comes across. Win games and the fans will want to see more.

2. As much as I respect the guy, I'm not sure bringing Griff back would work. He's getting on in age and isn't as good as he used to be, plus I'm not sure how well he'll come back from the knee injury. I think it'd be a decent idea to bring the Griff in as an attacking coach or something along those lines. Work with the younger guys.

3. Utilize the local comp!!! There's a fair bit of talent in the NPL and to a lesser-extent the New-FM teams. Bring them through the youth/reserves and feed them into the A-League squad. I know there's a few people who aren't a fan of the whole keep the team local and I'm not saying all 11 players should be from Newcastle but a team with a local flavour will gain support from the casual fan.

4. Listen to the fans! Perhaps the most important point of all. The FFA and eventually the new owner or owners have to listen to what the fans have to say. Tinkler didn't do that and lost all respect from the fans. The fan forums are a good start but it needs to continue beyond that.

5. Find some success. Obviously the feeling of the fans, the support towards the team and the general vibe around the club will no doubt improve if on-field results can improve. It would make everything so much better. Imagine winning at Gosford again, or ending our winless streak in Perth or even better actually making the finals. Success is key for a good club and the set-up of the new teams needs to be done carefully and not just thrown together in a week or two.

6. Last but not least, sign a marquee. Remember the vibe Emile Heskey brought with his arrival. It was massive. Maybe not someone on Heskey's level but someone like Berisha when he first arrived at Brisbane or Ben Khallfallah (spelling?) last season. Someone who isn't a huge name but more importantly fits into the team set-up. I wouldn't say no to a big name like Heskey but you need to think about how they'll fit into the team and what not.

Hopefully those points make a bit of sense. I'm keen to see where the club will go from here and really happy that the reign of Tinkler is over and Stubbins is gone.

Dead Serious Here

Up the Membership Prices.

I know it goes against the grain as people hate to pay more for something.

Dirt cheap membership has seen us struggle for success as we have had a half arse run club which is hardly surprising when you reduce the amount of income from such a big sauce of your overall income

Sad reality is we have to dip into our pockets more to have a successful club that is financially strong into the future.

Make it happen
    I'm with you here. If the extra money is going to make the owner's job easier, then I'm all for paying the average membership price.

Bargain basement memberships has delivered basement results

Quote Originally Posted by JTID View Post
    I agree with Gav, Also bring the club back to the fans the way it was back in the earlier years until Con left the club when supporters would be lined up to meet their favourite players etc.
    Can remember standing out the front of the sheds in the old Western Stand chanting "Super Matty Thompson". Would be great to see that happen again, but the new stand means you get nowhere near the sheds. Best you could do is surround the exit and wait.

What about when you purchase your membership you go in the draw to a jets experience, like walk with team and sit up in the owners box. They could run this for all the home games.

- No, or minimal, music over the PA.
    - A club, where one can eat and drink (long term). No pokies.
    - Emerald and cinnamon kit.
    - Players must be immersed in the community. I want a close-knit, tuna can culture.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    -I want a close-knit, tuna can culture.
    Know where you can find that and you should fit in pretty well