Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next motherfcker out.

what a disaster

back to the good old days

Quote Originally Posted by glassofwhiskey View Post
    Reasoning is "community engagement". We need a f*cking CEO who knows his shit and will bring in good players. That's how you get community engagement from winning f*cking games. Not from bringing in a c*nt who knows f*ck all.
    Well said

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Great news, will definitely be a member now. #str8shoota gone, the old regime almost completely gone. Get rid of Mullen and happy days all round.

Some NBN bloke is saying it's a good thing, not a great loss. Other things that he can't discuss on twitter.

I'm finding some the responses to Murphy's sacking on here and Twitter to be quite interesting. Other than a conversation or two with him, how does anyone know how good he really was at playing CEO? How can any of us pretend to think that we know more about the internal workings of the club and what is better for the club to prosper, than the (faceless?) FFA men currently pushing things along in the background? Well we don't.

Murphy might have been able to say the right things, but that doesn't mean he was necessarily the best man for the job. I would've thought that with the amount of lip service we've had served up to us over the past few years, we would understand that talking is still only talking (refer to 'He who must not be named' for further information).

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Pffffffft.
    We lost to the Gypos.
    Someone had to fall on their sword.
    Let that be a clear message to the rest of the shitcunce at our club.
    #failuredoesnotexistinourdojo
    Agreed, someone has to get the sack anytime we loose to those khunts. Also as CEO he had to go for organising a friendly against our enemies. There should only be hatred between our clubs and none of this kick around, helping each other out bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    I'm finding some the responses to Murphy's sacking on here and Twitter to be quite interesting. Other than a conversation or two with him, how does anyone know how good he really was at playing CEO? How can any of us pretend to think that we know more about the internal workings of the club and what is better for the club to prosper, than the (faceless?) FFA men currently pushing things along in the background? Well we don't.

Murphy might have been able to say the right things, but that doesn't mean he was necessarily the best man for the job. I would've thought that with the amount of lip service we've had served up to us over the past few years, we would understand that talking is still only talking (refer to 'He who must not be named' for further information).

To be fair to the bloke he's been more than lip service.

Steadied the ship through Tinkler finally ****ing off.
    Front of shirt sponsor
    Community engagement sponsor
    Working with (as opposed to against) NNSW.

For a "lip service" bloke he did more in a few moths than the last bloke did in a few years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Pffffffft.
    We lost to the Gypos.
    Someone had to fall on their sword.
    Let that be a clear message to the rest of the shitcunce at our club.
    #failuredoesnotexistinourdojo
    That would have to be one of the best posts ever on the foz.

You really speak to me when you say that.

We should never accept coming second to those ****s at all.

Everyone in the club should know this believe this and live this.

Starting with the ****ing coaches and players.

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    Also as CEO he had to go for organising a friendly against our enemies.
    This is a fantastic point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Murphy was the best thing to happen to this club in the last 5 years. He improved the back-room operations, worked to bring in sponsorship and some direction for the club.

With all the dealings I had with him I've always walked away know the direction the club were taking and impressed with his drive and commitment.

This is a massive loss to the club and shouldn't be underestimated. That's not being disrespectful to Eland, but a reflection on what Murphy was doing for this club.
    Did he hunt down and secure all the sponsors?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Did he hunt down and secure all the sponsors?
    whether he hunts them down or creates an image of an organisation investors want to put money into then that's his job.

The turn around in the organisation under his tenure was 180 degrees. Sure,y his was a reason among others for investors to jump on board
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Lasted longer here than he did at Deakin Uni...

Maybe somewhere in the background new owners have been decided upon and would prefer to make there own appt at the appropriate time.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    To be fair to the bloke he's been more than lip service.

Steadied the ship through Tinkler finally ****ing off.
    Front of shirt sponsor
    Community engagement sponsor
    Working with (as opposed to against) NNSW.

For a "lip service" bloke he did more in a few moths than the last bloke did in a few years.
    I disagree.

How many of the sponsors came on purely because they saw a chance to get involved now that Tinkler was gone. I wouldn't be giving Murphy the credit for them all jumping on. I think there has been people wanting to be involved but put off by Tinklers involvement.

I was never overly impressed with his handling of players not being paid, or the handling of players in exile (granted they were put there before his reign).

From my point of view, I am happy to see him moved on.