Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Members Forum

Until the club comes out and says 'hey we missed out on this guy and that guy and that guy because of cash' then the money thing is rubbish.

Did we go after Kalfallah, Mooy, Mork from Ork, McLaren??? Any of them?

Our management don't even seem to be talking to any of these blokes that pop up at other clubs.

Show some initiative and I'll support it. All those Mongs in HQ seem to be sitting on their hands.

As for Stubbins crying about Ninkovic how was he gonna go with 9 blokes behind him and some numpty up front?
    Just because they may have signed him don't mean either of those last 2 managers could do anything with him.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Until the club comes out and says 'hey we missed out on this guy and that guy and that guy because of cash' then the money thing is rubbish.

Did we go after Kalfallah, Mooy, Mork from Ork, McLaren??? Any of them?

Our management don't even seem to be talking to any of these blokes that pop up at other clubs.
    Even worse Gerard said he never had an offer from Aleague clubs, and I suspect same apply to Drogba and prob many more... Disgrace....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Players don't even use us as a leverage tool to get more money out of their real target club.
    That's how bad we are going, no one thinks for a second we are signing anyone.

Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Even worse Gerard said he never had an offer from Aleague clubs, and I suspect same apply to Drogba and prob many more... Disgrace....
    But not even the big big big names.

Why we going after Klut now? Why didn't we sign him last off season? Was he a ****ing apparition or something?
    Jets management walk into a pub full of single chicks and go straight up and chat up the only happily married girl in the joint.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I think the low prices is still keeping some hanging around. put them up to market value and we see then who sticks it out

As for what Miller should have done.

Well for a start he should have signed only blokes he sees as big part of a successful club in the future. Hoffman Poljak Labi are not this and will never be.

He hasn't went for youth he hasn't went for quality. He has just signed a pile of lower end nothing.

Where is the purpose in his transfer dealings??
    Where is the bigger picture??

Secondly he should have actually formulated a game plan and style of play that the club is working towards. Yeah you can argue the parking the bus shit is doing this but we ain't winning shit in this comp with this style of play. In my mind all though we are more solid defensively this season we are much worse with the ball.

There is no pattern of play developing and nothing is a work in progress. We are going backwards with the ball. To have a successful side we need to improve this.

So far he has 6 months and not one shred of anything that the quality of good play is improving

While I can't argue with your points about current style it's worth remembering how tight the squad/cap space was when miller arrived.

He had 11ish players, all on too much coin, signed by previous admin, and a timeframe to get decent players in, on little money before other clubs could offer them more coin.

In all the talk at the start of his reign he spoke about building for the future and that the cap, and having to honour prexisting contracts makes developing and building a squad difficult..... Add to that a poor history at the club and attracting top players on little coin was always going to be hard.... The young olyroo we just signed, which miller has stated he tried to get in earlier but couldn't, points to him building for next season.

If you've gone and got your hopes up expecting him to be the white knight to ride into town and turn this circus around, that's your own fault. No one could turn around this club in 12 months. If he's punted, who comes in and saves the day? It's an impossible task in the timeframe some want it done in.

His tactics are repetitive and somewhat gutless, but I see that as him wanting to I still discipline in the squad so next year the foundations are strong and he knows more of who can do as they're told and who can't.

Leonardo and Triffunovic are no doubt deadwood. But I reckon the injury to Labi has played a bigger impact on this season than some are caring to admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Yeah but why try and install a philosophy when the players are rubbish and not good enough to play it (paraphrasing his words).
    Why start at the back when you're going to change things when you get your players in next year. Why teach these bozos anything if they are out the door?

Why not start at the front, give the punters a larf and a good time and they might just buy into your horseshit? Punters would rather go down 5-3 each week than 2-0 and never look like scoring.

Millers' doing nothing for no one right now. It's garbage and he's full of shit.

Go jets.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    While I can't argue with your points about current style it's worth remembering how tight the squad/cap space was when miller arrived.

He had 11ish players, all on too much coin, signed by previous admin, and a timeframe to get decent players in, on little money before other clubs could offer them more coin.

In all the talk at the start of his reign he spoke about building for the future and that the cap, and having to honour prexisting contracts makes developing and building a squad difficult..... Add to that a poor history at the club and attracting top players on little coin was always going to be hard.... The young olyroo we just signed, which miller has stated he tried to get in earlier but couldn't, points to him building for next season.

If you've gone and got your hopes up expecting him to be the white knight to ride into town and turn this circus around, that's your own fault. No one could turn around this club in 12 months. If he's punted, who comes in and saves the day? It's an impossible task in the timeframe some want it done in.

His tactics are repetitive and somewhat gutless, but I see that as him wanting to I still discipline in the squad so next year the foundations are strong and he knows more of who can do as they're told and who can't.

Leonardo and Triffunovic are no doubt deadwood. But I reckon the injury to Labi has played a bigger impact on this season than some are caring to admit.
    Why doesn't he come out and says what you are saying?... If he did explain in depth what's going on at the club I prob would respect him more... But instead every presser we get the same story : system is not the problem, they are talented players, we create chances, players combine well together ..... Blah blah blah ...... Why every player we apparently talk to regarding new signing is always a secret: "we talking to few players" but we never get names!!??.. Why ?... If the players in question find their name mentioned in the media then that's it they won't come ??!!... ****ing bullshit, Involve fans in process of running the club, talk the truth to your members ..... I put money on it we talking to donkeys and prob sign another unknown Milosh.... Miller out, David and David out, FFA out...Also Member is right,,money is not number 1 issue, management is....
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah but why try and install a philosophy when the players are rubbish and not good enough to play it (paraphrasing his words).
    Why start at the back when you're going to change things when you get your players in next year. Why teach these bozos anything if they are out the door?

Why not start at the front, give the punters a larf and a good time and they might just buy into your horseshit? Punters would rather go down 5-3 each week than 2-0 and never look like scoring.

Millers' doing nothing for no one right now. It's garbage and he's full of shit.

Go jets.
    Because they're not all out the door at a seasons end, some will have stay. Not putting things in place now means next year's a right off too.

CCM touted the "we are hear to entertain" and where laughed at and there methods are still being questioned as to the impact they'll have on younger players.

Starting from the front..... Means you get in the players you want long term and start with them.... They're usually the ones who cost the most money, so staring any at the back as the only option.

There was no next year crap talk with WSW when they started.....
    Dare to Zlatan

Because they're not all out the door at a seasons end, some will have stay. Not putting things in place now means next year's a right off too.

CCM touted the "we are hear to entertain" and where laughed at and there methods are still being questioned as to the impact they'll have on younger players.

Starting from the front..... Means you get in the players you want long term and start with them.... They're usually the ones who cost the most money, so staring any at the back as the only option.
    So start at the back with players he probably keeps yet still get flogged every game.

Pass.

See ya's back at the stadium when things look up.

Gypos have won one less game than us this year.
    They have def given themselves a chance of winning more games than us.

As for long term effects? Geez, the Jets players sure don't look like they're having a grand old time out there.

Craig Goodwin looks like he's enjoying his football at the moment though I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    There was no next year crap talk with WSW when they started.....
    Also started with a clean slate. Not 11 players paid above the average.
    Go jetties

Also started with a clean slate. Not 11 players paid above the average.
    Gets back to money....FFA had NRMA on board as a sponsor before they even had a team (back when Tarek was the ace face). FFA showed ongoing financial commitment culminating in trying for Ballack and then picking up Shinji.
    A new club was also very appealing to the outcasts that went there.
    And my original point was that I would like FFA to update the fans/members on the current state of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Gets back to money....FFA had NRMA on board as a sponsor before they even had a team (back when Tarek was the ace face). FFA showed ongoing financial commitment culminating in trying for Ballack and then picking up Shinji.
    A new club was also very appealing to the outcasts that went there.
    And my original point was that I would like FFA to update the fans/members on the current state of play.
    I agree, the original Forums were back in what May/June and it is now mid January, isn't it time for at least another Members Forum as to where the club is at regarding the ownership, CEO position, future direction, colours for next season etc.
    I read somewhere that a local Consortium were interested in taking over but could only come up with 1/3 of what FFA want and also that Thompson is definitely out of the picture but why is this so "hidden"....it's supposedly "our" club, so why aren't we kept up to date with these developments???

I asked on twitter for an update....

Paraphrasing the response....

"Nothing to report"

That was from the club, not the FFA though.

I'm happy for FFA to remain owners for as long as it takes to find a viable owner.... So long as they are genuinely seeking one, and not just waiting for an owner to show up, or worse still, one to turn up in another market we get let to die.

I'm also not keen on the CEO situation, I can't see how eland can be driving progress and change for the club and not simply be a patsy of the FFA, he can't get what he neds from the FFA in both roles he currently plays. Part time CEO means he's not driving nnsw with his full attention either.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 17-01-2016 at 10:15 PM.

I asked on twitter for an update....

Paraphrasing the response....

"Nothing to report"

That was from the club, not the FFA though.

I'm happy for FFA to remain owners for as long as it takes to find a viable owner.... So long as they are genuinely seeking one, and not just waiting for an owner to show up, or worse still, one to turn up in another market we get let to die.

I'm also not keen on the CEO situation, I can't see how eland can be driving progress and change for the club and not simply be a patsy of the FFA, he can't get what he neds from the FFA in both roles he currently plays. Part time CEO means he's not driving nnsw with his full attention either.
    Can't agree with you more Gaz, someone in an Interim role is exactly that "interim"....it is basically temporary until someone else takes over. Eland is basically in the role now "indefinitely" it would seem as it has been a good 5 months or so no and doesn't look like ending soon. Especially as in the next month or two his NNSW role will supposedly be full-on as well as we near the NPL, NewFM, Interdistrict etc comps

Stupidest decision in years to sack Murphy before Thompson had signed on the bottom line. The loss of momentum and almost total silence from the Jets in the media speaks volumes about the job Murphy was doing before he was marched.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast