Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Members Forum

from what Murphy said last night

4 kits next season.

1. the new home kit..... not red and blue like the knights - but still in keeping with badge colours, but increase in gold, so Royal blue and Gold (with a little red), or Red and gold (with a little royal blue)

2. the new away kit..... similar design to new home kit, but "cleaner" so less small patches of other colours, predominetly white with gold

3. gold kit - for a "heriatge" game probably against the CCM .....a "one off" kit

4. RAAF kit with fighter jets on it (no such hats mentioned) ..... another "one off" kit

Kit 1, wont be mostly gold, otherwsie theres no need for Kit 3.

I had a brief chat with David Elland last night just after the Forum (I must say after last night he gained a lot more respect from me) regarding the facility at Lake Mac housing.
    He spoke in brief about them being unable to fence of the front grass field due to council restrictions thus rendering investment on that field impractical.

However he did touch on his desire to work with LMCC and LMCFC on making that venue a "Boutique type venue where the W-League and NYL teams could play and the seniors training venue. He said he had already spoken to LMCC about it and was willing to have the discussion with LMCFC but they have a new board in place and he was waiting for the right time to have the discussion.

I for one hope this could become a reality and I realize it will be difficult to come to an agreement where all the parties involved will be happy, but just the knowledge that things could be in motion to make this happen is exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

So Gaz is making a heartfelt belonging speech then all i can see is a walrus in the background. talk about larf. check it out at 45.

Trev has a decent point 0r 2 in his comment. Show us the winning product first. Lip service is always easy. It takes a bit of time to get over the years of bullshit that has been served up to fans. Dont expect 20k straight up. and fk the music and announcer right off

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I had a brief chat with David Elland last night just after the Forum (I must say after last night he gained a lot more respect from me) regarding the facility at Lake Mac housing.
    He spoke in brief about them being unable to fence of the front grass field due to council restrictions thus rendering investment on that field impractical.

However he did touch on his desire to work with LMCC and LMCFC on making that venue a "Boutique type venue where the W-League and NYL teams could play and the seniors training venue. He said he had already spoken to LMCC about it and was willing to have the discussion with LMCFC but they have a new board in place and he was waiting for the right time to have the discussion.

I for one hope this could become a reality and I realize it will be difficult to come to an agreement where all the parties involved will be happy, but just the knowledge that things could be in motion to make this happen is exciting.
    Where is this Lake Mac Housing site?

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Where is this Lake Mac Housing site?
    My bad
    Housing the Jets*
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Some joker at that member conference wants a team song and didnt know about ntua, ffs
    Last edited by hawk; 20-06-2015 at 09:37 AM.

I was quite amused by the blokes insisting to me & Bodi (quite rudely at one point) that no one liked NTUA and that the active support are the only ones who care about it being our anthem and "it's a shit song anyway".
    Literally 60 seconds later Mitchell asked for a show of hands for who wanted NTUA to remain our anthem - I estimate 85% of the room put their hands up.

Pwned.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    from what Murphy said last night

4 kits next season.

1. the new home kit..... not red and blue like the knights - but still in keeping with badge colours, but increase in gold, so Royal blue and Gold (with a little red), or Red and gold (with a little royal blue)

2. the new away kit..... similar design to new home kit, but "cleaner" so less small patches of other colours, predominetly white with gold

3. gold kit - for a "heriatge" game probably against the CCM .....a "one off" kit

4. RAAF kit with fighter jets on it (no such hats mentioned) ..... another "one off" kit

Kit 1, wont be mostly gold, otherwsie theres no need for Kit 3.
    The way i heard it and from seeing the comment 'leaks' on facebook.

Home - Blue and Gold

Away - White and Gold

Special 1 - Gold kit will be worn 4 times throughout the season.

Special 2 - RAAF kit will be worn in round 8 aginst Brisbane Roar.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Some joker at that member conference wants a team song and didnt about ntua, ffs
    THat was bad but it wasn't as bad as the first question where the bloke starting talking about the buzz/excitement due to promotion down in Gypoland for a HAL game and then saying there is none in Newy???

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I was quite amused by the blokes insisting to me & Bodi (quite rudely at one point) that no one liked NTUA and that the active support are the only ones who care about it being our anthem and "it's a shit song anyway".
    Literally 60 seconds later Mitchell asked for a show of hands for who wanted NTUA to remain our anthem - I estimate 85% of the room put their hands up.

Pwned.
    haha, its as good as any that ive heard

You will never get 100% agreement for a team anthem but over time its not about the song but about trials and tribulations that you go through and that song represents all that has happened.

The only other option is "Some Sheila" which would be awesome at school assemblies

"Jump In My Car"" ffs....winnah.

lol ffs, did some actually suggest ted mulry

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    THat was bad but it wasn't as bad as the first question where the bloke starting talking about the buzz/excitement due to promotion down in Gypoland for a HAL game and then saying there is none in Newy???
    Yeah I agree.
    I was thinking you obviously haven't been supporting the club since the beginning and weren't around during our glory days when gold jerseys were quite a common sighting around streets and shops etc.
    Simple fact is if the Gypos finished consistently in the bottom four over 5 years they would not still average over 10k and have 10k Members as we do...they would most probably be defunct!!!
    The novelty of the Mariners in the A League wore off pretty quick after the initial "buzz/excitement" in the Central Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    lol ffs, did some actually suggest ted mulry
    Someone on Facebook later suggested "Tubthumping". Can only assume they wanted to belt out "pissing the night away" in public

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Someone on Facebook later suggested "Tubthumping". Can only assume they wanted to belt out "pissing the night away" in public
    did you have a say at the meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    did you have a say at the meeting?
    He was the bloke who said what we were all thinking hawk
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    He was the bloke who said what we were all thinking hawk
    and the delivery was awesome. stone cold

I'm bumping this - six months later....mid year review time.

What has FFA delivered, what has it not? Does anyone have a link to the video of the forum? I had a copy on my hard drive but appear to have deleted it.

I do feel that the FFA fully expected the new owner to be signed, sealed and delivered long ago. They are now lumbered with the custody of a bastard child that they don't know what to do with.

The biggest pointer to this is the coaching appointment - SM got the gig because he was prepared to accept the "no guarantee when there is a new owner clause". If it was not for this clause Rudes would now be our coach.

Fully believe there should be calls for a mid year forum to discuss what is happening. ASAP not after the Grand Final and people can't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I'm bumping this - six months later....mid year review time.

What has FFA delivered, what has it not? Does anyone have a link to the video of the forum? I had a copy on my hard drive but appear to have deleted it.

I do feel that the FFA fully expected the new owner to be signed, sealed and delivered long ago. They are now lumbered with the custody of a bastard child that they don't know what to do with.

The biggest pointer to this is the coaching appointment - SM got the gig because he was prepared to accept the "no guarantee when there is a new owner clause". If it was not for this clause Rudes would now be our coach.

Fully believe there should be calls for a mid year forum to discuss what is happening. ASAP not after the Grand Final and people can't be bothered.
    That's not a bad call - An update to fans on the ownership status and if the FFA are the owners next season what are they planning for the club?

Attn - Gaz Fish. Let's put this on the list for the next meeting.

Attn Newcastle Herald - We know you read this site. How about pursuing this line? It's all gone quiet lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles