Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Members Forum

besides the ownership they have achieved everything off the field i think they had to do

- attain sponsors
    - reconnect with the community
    - reconnect with the business community and;
    - reform relationships with the uni, the stadium, etc.

everything on the field obviously hasn't happened and i think if the FFA still has our control in May they will have to make a big decision in regards to how they back the club. I think that a lot of members would have signed back up from the goodwill from the FFA i don't know if they will get the same goodwill next year if they don't invest in the squad heavily.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    besides the ownership they have achieved everything off the field i think they had to do

- attain sponsors
    - reconnect with the community
    - reconnect with the business community and;
    - reform relationships with the uni, the stadium, etc.

everything on the field obviously hasn't happened and i think if the FFA still has our control in May they will have to make a big decision in regards to how they back the club. I think that a lot of members would have signed back up from the goodwill from the FFA i don't know if they will get the same goodwill next year if they don't invest in the squad heavily.
    I agree with these points, however the public perception is we are still a basket case - performance on the field unfortunately is the number one KPI and the FFA is not showing any interest in the fast and predictable slide.

Compare the Jets FFA ownership to previous ones, also consider what would be happening should Sydney FC be in the same boat? FFA would be far more proactive. I think the FFA (and Fox) are happy as long as they have a blockbuster derby every few weeks to bring in a crowd and show off the atmosphere.

Newcastle is the strongest football region in Australia - if it can't succeed, then Gold Coast, Canberra, Wollongong, Geelong, Central Coast etc have got no chance. Wellington are on borrowed time and Perth have gone on the nose. The current top 6 are the league at the moment. How does the A-League grow long term in this scenario?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I agree with these points, however the public perception is we are still a basket case - performance on the field unfortunately is the number one KPI and the FFA is not showing any interest in the fast and predictable slide.

Compare the Jets FFA ownership to previous ones, also consider what would be happening should Sydney FC be in the same boat? FFA would be far more proactive. I think the FFA (and Fox) are happy as long as they have a blockbuster derby every few weeks to bring in a crowd and show off the atmosphere.

Newcastle is the strongest football region in Australia - if it can't succeed, then Gold Coast, Canberra, Wollongong, Geelong, Central Coast etc have got no chance. Wellington are on borrowed time and Perth have gone on the nose. The current top 6 are the league at the moment. How does the A-League grow long term in this scenario?
    Can whinge all we like about the treatment for us small town hillbillies but after growing up in Newy we have seen it all before with the second rate treatment.

Reality is other than finding the owner the FFA have not done anything to wrong here.

Our on field problems lay firmly at the feet of our coaching staff.
    1 For their Boring Style Of Play
    2 For their Refusal to alter Tactics
    3 For their failure to select some players for games
    4 For their pretty piss poor efforts at signing quality players for us
    5 For their inability to gut our squad of the dead wood

Now the FFA can come in and give us 20 million a year for Marquees but until these issues are addressed by the coaching department we are still on the nose

Call a spade a spade. It ain't all about money.

We are shooting ourselves in the foot by our own SELF INFLICTED MISTAKES and not a lack of $$ in the transfer market

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Can whinge all we like about the treatment for us small town hillbillies but after growing up in Newy we have seen it all before with the second rate treatment.

Reality is other than finding the owner the FFA have not done anything to wrong here.

Now the FFA can come in and give us 20 million a year for Marquees but until these issues are addressed by the coaching department we are still on the nose

We are shooting ourselves in the foot by our own SELF INFLICTED MISTAKES and not a lack of $$ in the transfer market

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkk kk....we get it, you don't like the coach, you don't like his tactics, you don't like his shoes....you just don't like.....but please if having more money into the club has nothing to do with it you have rocks in your head. I'm sure in another thread you said you want to get rid of up to 15 players.....wishful thinking or Pep Guardiola aren't replacing them without cash.

Maybe but, not using the salty cap to its fullest extent, by not utilising all the cap exemptions (local player, marquees, etc) then we are running a squad that is significantly cheaper than the clubs running at the pointy end of the field.

Less investment on the field generally will result in lesser results.

By the FFA going the minimum spend, we are pushing shit up hill from the start.

Agree 100% on points 1-4 Member but a bit rich to expect cullings mid-season (if that's what you meant?) The transfer of Leaky Gee was a great opportunity to bring in at least 2 quality players that will make a difference in the front third but it seems that we are incapable of even doing that, so yeah we can't just keep blaming the FFA

Member - is not the quality of the current coaching staff commensurate with the funding available to spend on said staff?

FFA went on the cheap from day one and this is the source of many problems, including who is guiding the ship (a part-time CEO ffs).

Stopper - do you think that FFA will have say in any transfers, or is it down to coaching staff only? I doubt they have full autonomy yet.

The thing here is say what you like about Miller - we all know that JP is a proven performer and has gone from penthouse to shithouse in months.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 13-01-2016 at 12:27 PM.

It ain't all about the money, it's 95% about the money.

If we had the funds, both on field & off field of say Victory or Wanderers we'd be killing it too.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post

If we had the funds, both on field & off field of say Victory or Wanderers we'd be killing it too.
    What this guy and others already know. Our squad cannot compete with other squads in the league.

So, let's just continue the useless discussion about where we can put "players" on the field. yawn

All these problems stem from poor recruitment and who is in charge of this?

FFA have big heartedly fixed some off field problems which helps them to maintain a team for fox. They have done nearly nil for the fans or team results

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Member - is not the quality of the current coaching staff commensurate with the funding available to spend on said staff?

FFA went on the cheap from day one and this is the source of many problems, including who is guiding the ship (a part-time CEO ffs).

Stopper - do you think that FFA will have say in any transfers, or is it down to coaching staff only? I doubt they have full autonomy yet.

The thing here is say what you like about Miller - we all know that JP is a proven performer and has gone from penthouse to shithouse in months.
    Fair points mate, i could be wrong but I would have assumed the FFA would say here is what you have to spend, Scott, JP and David...do as you please with it. Would be surprised if FFA have any input into the signing of players.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    All these problems stem from poor recruitment and who is in charge of this?

FFA have big heartedly fixed some off field problems which helps them to maintain a team for fox. They have done nearly nil for the fans or team results
    The club is responsible for this.

From Middleby GVE Muppet Millertime Tinkler etc

Shit decisions have been continually made.

The chickens have come home to roost right now.

Hey I love to bag the useless ****s at the FFA more than the next guy. To blame them though for our recruitment issues is far fetched and short sighted. miller has had money to spend. Not much but what he has had he has frittered away on poor signings.
    Leonardo Milos Poljak Hoffman Watson Labi are all his decisions not Lowy's

Hey if it is all about money then lets magically add Berisha as our foreign marquee and Mooy as our Aussie Marquee and replace them with the two weakest in our squad say Barresi and Muata Marlow.

Now with the two gun marquees of the comp in our side where are we going?? To the top of the table??
    Not with the rest of the weak players in our squad.

Adding Berisha and Mooy too our side would only make us marginally better and allow us to compete better for 6th spot and not much more.

It is the quality of the rest of the rank and file players that are the problem for us.

Add in the fact that the Gypos won a comp 3 years ago with no marquees and on the smell of an oily rag then any argument that you need money in this comp is null and void.

Money sure can help. But if you don't get the rest of it right you are going nowhere like Perth Glory

hit it right there. With more $ we could buy the RIGHT players for a change. the gypos bought the talented players not just any bozo. See its all about correct recruitment. We have no-one who knows how to do it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    It ain't all about the money, it's 95% about the money.

If we had the funds like Victree Heart etc we would still be just like Perth Glory.

When you are unable to sort out the basics you are fighting an uphill battle.

Give us an extra 20 million salary cap on our rivals and I reckon our club would still fritter it away and come 7th

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    hit it right there. With more $ we could buy the RIGHT players for a change. the gypos bought the talented players not just any bozo. See its all about correct recruitment. We have no-one who knows how to do it.
    i reckon we need to buy a few more DMs, that'll sort it out

If we had the funds like Victree Heart etc we would still be just like Perth Glory.

When you are unable to sort out the basics you are fighting an uphill battle.

Give us an extra 20 million salary cap on our rivals and I reckon our club would still fritter it away and come 7th
    I agree 100%. The evidence that the club would simply pay way too much for shit players is overwhelming.
    Con and Remo et al had it all over this lot when it comes to getting value for money [mangoes].

I think we should ask the FFA/Club who is actually in charge of recruitment? How much say does Miller get and how much does Elland get?

What sort of scouting network do we have? (i'm not saying do we have guys scouting the world for talent, i'm saying do we just listen to what agents have to say and then maybe see 1 trial before making a signing?)

I think the deadwood argument that was brought up should be left until after this season finishes and contracts have run-out. The FFA didn't have time to study our squad and just resigned everyone on same-as contracts to make sure we had a squad at the start of the season. I don't have any problem with that given the timing and what could have happened if they hadn't.

Ask them what is actually happening with the sale of our club? Are they just holding out for too much money? Are they not allowing potential buyers full control of the club?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I agree 100%. The evidence that the club would simply pay way too much for shit players is overwhelming.
    Con and Remo et al had it all over this lot when it comes to getting value for money [mangoes].
    Name 1 club in the HAL who doesn't overpay for mediocre players? It's the A league, we have a tiny pool of players to use and we are behind the ball on recruitment after years of playing like numpties. We need to overpay to get anyone here. We overpayed for Boogard but without him we would be a hell of a lot worse off, same for Cabbage (that filthy useless so-and-so). If replacing them was so easy i'd concede but there just isn't enough good players out there, that are available to us.

I'd like to know why the Mariners, who have less than half our fanbase can afford an awesome youth set-up and seem to find good players for cheap when we can't? Ask the FFA to pay for some better faces behind the scenes to fix some of the issues that have plagued us for the last 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Name 1 club in the HAL who doesn't overpay for mediocre players? It's the A league, we have a tiny pool of players to use and we are behind the ball on recruitment after years of playing like numpties. We need to overpay to get anyone here. We overpayed for Boogard but without him we would be a hell of a lot worse off, same for Cabbage (that filthy useless so-and-so). If replacing them was so easy i'd concede but there just isn't enough good players out there, that are available to us.

I'd like to know why the Mariners, who have less than half our fanbase can afford an awesome youth set-up and seem to find good players for cheap when we can't? Ask the FFA to pay for some better faces behind the scenes to fix some of the issues that have plagued us for the last 5 years.
    Once they get rid of the rail line in Newcastle everyone will be wanting to play for the Jets.

#BairdlovesNewyfootball

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I think the deadwood argument that was brought up should be left until after this season finishes and contracts have run-out. The FFA didn't have time to study our squad and just resigned everyone on same-as contracts to make sure we had a squad at the start of the season. I don't have any problem with that given the timing and what could have happened if they hadn't.
    Someone managed to take the under contract Sam Galloway off our hands
    Someone is also interested in signing Tando Velaphi to a contract in Japan

If these things are possible then there is no excuse for our club to not have started clearing out the unwanted players in the squad in pre season.

FFS Every club in the world changes managers at some time and the first things that happen are new players come in current players go out.
    If after a few weeks of pre season Millertime couldn't work out that the playing personnel at his disposal are below par then he is not the smartest

If he realised this and still persevered without change then he is even more lacking in intelligence.

The transfer window is open. Why is he not on the blower trying to find someone to take his unwanted players off his hands??

Why wait to the end of the season??
    Why Why Why???