Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 217

Thread: Members Forum

  1. #161
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,929
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The transfer window is open. Why is he not on the blower trying to find someone to take his unwanted players off his hands??
    Devil's advocate, but who says that he isn't already and it's taking more convincing or he's trying to drive a harder bargain? It's only a third way through the transfer window,
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  2. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,353
    Most transfer window business is done on the last day as agents haggle for the best deal. The live feed on the BBC in the hours before the deadline is more entertaining than.......a Jets game!

  3. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    If we had the funds like Victree Heart etc we would still be just like Perth Glory.

    When you are unable to sort out the basics you are fighting an uphill battle.

    Give us an extra 20 million salary cap on our rivals and I reckon our club would still fritter it away and come 7th
    Mate people aren't just talking salary cap. Everything in football costs money...coaches, facilities, physios, dieticians, equipment and yes the all important players. We are running on the smell of an oily rag....far from a position of strength in any department.

    As for your other point about adding Berisha and Mooy and still being also rans you are kidding. The work rate of those 2 alone compared with those in the same spots for the jets would make us a better team by 10x.....you'd trade 2 kids or shirt fillers but don't look at the over all benefit to the team because of your usual vitriol.....please Berisha instead of Trufinovic and Mooy instead of Kitto any day of any week......

  4. #164
    Senior Member lquiquer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,244
    And fortunately for some players it's more about money, however must also be a huge lack of self belief ??!!... Thinking of Nabout and Chianese in Malaysian league 2!!!!.....
    Dare to Zlatan

    Originally Posted by Grimario

    He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

  5. #165
    Senior Member lquiquer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,244
    You want immediate success?... Then you need to target 5 to 6 big names not one... Why the **** would Taggs or Troisi come here???.... Look at Heart / City: shit team, shit crowds... They show the $$$$$$ and AMBITTION and attract Mooy, Paartalu, Koren, Franjic, Sorensen, Zullo,the u r gay stricker... And bingo...... Lack of ambition by Jerks / FFA is killing us.... Band aid job.... Miller is on a different planet when he says in the presser his players are talented!!!!... And Boogard in the herald today saying: "I think the pleasing thing for us as a group is that we are creating the chances and we are combining well.."... He must be smoking good shit??!!!....
    Dare to Zlatan

    Originally Posted by Grimario

    He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

  6. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    You want immediate success?... Then you need to target 5 to 6 big names not one... Why the **** would Taggs or Troisi come here???.... Look at Heart / City: shit team, shit crowds... They show the $$$$$$ and AMBITTION and attract Mooy, Paartalu, Koren, Franjic, Sorensen, Zullo,the u r gay stricker... And bingo...... Lack of ambition by Jerks / FFA is killing us.... Band aid job.... Miller is on a different planet when he says in the presser his players are talented!!!!... And Boogard in the herald today saying: "I think the pleasing thing for us as a group is that we are creating the chances and we are combining well.."... He must be smoking good shit??!!!....
    im with this guy

  7. #167
    Senior Member Thomas477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lambton, Novocastria
    Posts
    2,439
    What do you want Miller to say? The current squad are ****ing hopeless and we won't win a game again this season? That would go down well.
    Middleby Gone

    Lawrie Out

  8. #168
    Senior Member lquiquer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    What do you want Miller to say? The current squad are ****ing hopeless and we won't win a game again this season? That would go down well.
    Telling them they are talented not doing the job so why not?....
    Dare to Zlatan

    Originally Posted by Grimario

    He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

  9. #169
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,344
    Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Mate people aren't just talking salary cap. Everything in football costs money...coaches, facilities, physios, dieticians, equipment and yes the all important players. We are running on the smell of an oily rag....far from a position of strength in any department.

    As for your other point about adding Berisha and Mooy and still being also rans you are kidding. The work rate of those 2 alone compared with those in the same spots for the jets would make us a better team by 10x.....you'd trade 2 kids or shirt fillers but don't look at the over all benefit to the team because of your usual vitriol.....please Berisha instead of Trufinovic and Mooy instead of Kitto any day of any week......
    Money is not our problem.
    Lack of money is not our problem.

    It is an organisational wide cluster**** of a club.

    Giving us money won't fix anything until we get competent staff across the club

    Nix and Gypos have little money yet can sign adequate capable staff and players


    As for your point about adding Mooy and Berisha to our side and expecting us to be contenders you are ****ing delusional if you think this to be true.

    Their rest of the Jets players are not gonna improve enough to make them look good.
    Watch Berisha next time Victree are on the receiving end of a loss and are second best. His effectiveness diminishes drastically
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  10. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,353
    How blind are you Member - it is ABOUT THE MONEY!

    Lack of money means....

    * You hire monkeys because you pay peanuts - we only have the coaching staff we can afford. You can't get the "competent staff" you talk about without paying for it.
    * We do not fill all positions because we prioritise what we can do without - there are unfilled jobs at the Jets and I would love to see the numbers of support staff we have compared to others.
    * Again, we have a PART TIME CEO - how often do you hear of anything from Eland compared to Middleby and Murphy? What is he actually doing to improve the situation?
    * You CANNOT organise the club to be fully functional as you are cutting corners and doing things on the cheap. And only doing them 2-3 days a week.
    * We do not have the top quality performance/medical facilities other clubs have. Ongoing Leo issues are a case in point.
    * We cannot make any use of marquee money, or even get a guest - the salary cap means little now anyway as the big clubs know how to spend their funds in other ways to get the players they want and to get them to perform.
    * Lack of money means we cannot make wholesale changes to the squad now. Gypos are still last and Nix are starting to lose it now their future in clouded.

    As for your point about adding Mooy and Berisha to our side and expecting us to be contenders you are ****ing delusional if you think this to be true.
    Not as delusional as thinking a damaged and ageing Griff (legend, yes) will change things overnight now is it?

    We need money, end of....the first thing you do with that money is bring in a proper CEO and a quality coaching staff. With that comes credibility and a change in culture. The crap guys will actually perform better and we will actually attract quality. This is just like any other employer.

    After the shit we went through last year I thought success this season would be to have the club functioning, not finish last and to get a new owner in. Last years damage will take 2-3 years to repair - I still think that is the case.

    And Member - if you have the solutions please enlighten us....properly. Have a look at the club balance sheet, have a look at the contracts and staff in place and feel free to show us your 12 month strategy to turn this club around. Don't whinge and whine unless you have a solution other than sacking Miller and signing Griff.

    Where's the tylanol? FMD....

  11. #171
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    How blind are you Member - it is ABOUT THE MONEY!

    Lack of money means....

    * You hire monkeys because you pay peanuts - we only have the coaching staff we can afford. You can't get the "competent staff" you talk about without paying for it.
    * We do not fill all positions because we prioritise what we can do without - there are unfilled jobs at the Jets and I would love to see the numbers of support staff we have compared to others.
    * Again, we have a PART TIME CEO - how often do you hear of anything from Eland compared to Middleby and Murphy? What is he actually doing to improve the situation?
    * You CANNOT organise the club to be fully functional as you are cutting corners and doing things on the cheap. And only doing them 2-3 days a week.
    * We do not have the top quality performance/medical facilities other clubs have. Ongoing Leo issues are a case in point.
    * We cannot make any use of marquee money, or even get a guest - the salary cap means little now anyway as the big clubs know how to spend their funds in other ways to get the players they want and to get them to perform.
    * Lack of money means we cannot make wholesale changes to the squad now. Gypos are still last and Nix are starting to lose it now their future in clouded.



    Not as delusional as thinking a damaged and ageing Griff (legend, yes) will change things overnight now is it?

    We need money, end of....the first thing you do with that money is bring in a proper CEO and a quality coaching staff. With that comes credibility and a change in culture. The crap guys will actually perform better and we will actually attract quality. This is just like any other employer.

    After the shit we went through last year I thought success this season would be to have the club functioning, not finish last and to get a new owner in. Last years damage will take 2-3 years to repair - I still think that is the case.

    And Member - if you have the solutions please enlighten us....properly. Have a look at the club balance sheet, have a look at the contracts and staff in place and feel free to show us your 12 month strategy to turn this club around. Don't whinge and whine unless you have a solution other than sacking Miller and signing Griff.

    Where's the tylanol? FMD....
    you and me mate. Great post. I agree that it is about money too. It's no coincidence that as the league has matured, the gap between the has and has-nots has grown. We have a long way to get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  12. #172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    How blind are you Member - it is ABOUT THE MONEY!

    Lack of money means....

    * You hire monkeys because you pay peanuts - we only have the coaching staff we can afford. You can't get the "competent staff" you talk about without paying for it.
    * We do not fill all positions because we prioritise what we can do without - there are unfilled jobs at the Jets and I would love to see the numbers of support staff we have compared to others.
    * Again, we have a PART TIME CEO - how often do you hear of anything from Eland compared to Middleby and Murphy? What is he actually doing to improve the situation?
    * You CANNOT organise the club to be fully functional as you are cutting corners and doing things on the cheap. And only doing them 2-3 days a week.
    * We do not have the top quality performance/medical facilities other clubs have. Ongoing Leo issues are a case in point.
    * We cannot make any use of marquee money, or even get a guest - the salary cap means little now anyway as the big clubs know how to spend their funds in other ways to get the players they want and to get them to perform.
    * Lack of money means we cannot make wholesale changes to the squad now. Gypos are still last and Nix are starting to lose it now their future in clouded.
    Great Post.

    The thing that makes the salary cap even worse for us is that from all reports we are using the minimum spend. So we aren't even using the full potential of the cap before you look at salary cap exemptions.

    Money is a huge issue for us, why do you think someone like Arnold, who was rumoured to be coming, wouldn't touch the place. What established, successful coach would come near this place knowing full well its run next to nothing with no investment in its future.

    I will agree with the Member, this organisation is a complete cluster ****, but where I differ is that I believe this is largely due to the lack of investment in back room staff which winds up with a lot of stuff just not being able to be done at our club.

    Money is perhaps our biggest problem and everything else we are seeing, from on park performances, to squad signings, to part time CEO are just symptoms of the bigger problem.

  13. #173
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    How blind are you Member - it is ABOUT THE MONEY!

    Lack of money means....

    * You hire monkeys because you pay peanuts - we only have the coaching staff we can afford. You can't get the "competent staff" you talk about without paying for it.
    * We do not fill all positions because we prioritise what we can do without - there are unfilled jobs at the Jets and I would love to see the numbers of support staff we have compared to others.
    * Again, we have a PART TIME CEO - how often do you hear of anything from Eland compared to Middleby and Murphy? What is he actually doing to improve the situation?
    * You CANNOT organise the club to be fully functional as you are cutting corners and doing things on the cheap. And only doing them 2-3 days a week.
    * We do not have the top quality performance/medical facilities other clubs have. Ongoing Leo issues are a case in point.
    * We cannot make any use of marquee money, or even get a guest - the salary cap means little now anyway as the big clubs know how to spend their funds in other ways to get the players they want and to get them to perform.
    * Lack of money means we cannot make wholesale changes to the squad now. Gypos are still last and Nix are starting to lose it now their future in clouded.



    Not as delusional as thinking a damaged and ageing Griff (legend, yes) will change things overnight now is it?

    We need money, end of....the first thing you do with that money is bring in a proper CEO and a quality coaching staff. With that comes credibility and a change in culture. The crap guys will actually perform better and we will actually attract quality. This is just like any other employer.

    After the shit we went through last year I thought success this season would be to have the club functioning, not finish last and to get a new owner in. Last years damage will take 2-3 years to repair - I still think that is the case.

    And Member - if you have the solutions please enlighten us....properly. Have a look at the club balance sheet, have a look at the contracts and staff in place and feel free to show us your 12 month strategy to turn this club around. Don't whinge and whine unless you have a solution other than sacking Miller and signing Griff.

    Where's the tylanol? FMD....
    Love all of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  14. #174
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,030
    I think the member is being misunderstood.
    He's not saying money doesn't matter.
    He is saying that based on past experience the powers that be in Newcastle would waste the money on the wrong players, at the wrong prices, for the wrong reasons.

    From what I understand MFKS is implying that we need to worry more about the people spending the money rather than the money itself.

    For a change I'm going to agree with him.

    Because if the money comes first and nothing else changes the money will be sent down the shitter and we may never get an opportunity again.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 14-01-2016 at 11:25 AM.

  15. #175
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,929
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I think the member is being misunderstood.
    He's not saying money doesn't matter.
    He is saying that based on past experience the powers that be in Newcastle would waste the money on the wrong players, at the wrong prices, for the wrong reasons.

    From what I understand MFKS is implying that we need to worry more about the people spending the money rather than the money itself.

    For a change I'm going to agree with him.

    Because if the money comes first and nothing else changes the money will be sent down the shitter and we may never get an opportunity again.
    That's a very vaild point too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  16. #176
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,030
    Bottom line we need a new owner to come in sack everyone not up to the job and then assemble a club that is competitive.
    If this owner is interested in what the fans think then they are not the right person for the job.
    Get the team winning and / or playing quality football and the fans won't give a rats arse about anything else.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 14-01-2016 at 11:29 AM.

  17. #177
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,344
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I think the member is being misunderstood.
    He's not saying money doesn't matter.
    He is saying that based on past experience the powers that be in Newcastle would waste the money on the wrong players, at the wrong prices, for the wrong reasons.

    From what I understand MFKS is implying that we need to worry more about the people spending the money rather than the money itself.

    For a change I'm going to agree with him.

    Because if the money comes first and nothing else changes the money will be sent down the shitter and we may never get an opportunity again.
    Praise the lord Griffo

    Someone gets it.

    Until we sort out who is making the decisions in the first place and get competent people in to make those decisions we are ****ed and going around in circles and going nowhere.

    Case in point Perth Glory. Under Sage they have had more than adequate investment into their club from the owner. Problem is it don't translate onfield as that club is just as big a cluster**** as ours is.


    More money is not our solution.

    Recruitment of the right people across the club is the key to turning our future around We don't have to be paying top dollar either for these people. We just need to be making smart highly intelligent decisions and finding the right people
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  18. #178
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,929
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Praise the lord Griffo

    Someone gets it.

    Until we sort out who is making the decisions in the first place and get competent people in to make those decisions we are ****ed and going around in circles and going nowhere.

    Case in point Perth Glory. Under Sage they have had more than adequate investment into their club from the owner. Problem is it don't translate onfield as that club is just as big a cluster**** as ours is.


    More money is not our solution.

    Recruitment of the right people across the club is the key to turning our future around We don't have to be paying top dollar either for these people. We just need to be making smart highly intelligent decisions and finding the right people
    Sorry I missed your point member. I understand where you are now coming from. I agree with you that money is not our solution but I will add the word "yet".

    Money will assist with our solution once we have the right people making the decision. But it's kind of a chicken or the egg argument I'm seeing in here at the moment, isn't it? Need money to attract good people (who can use money wisely) but need good people to spend money we currently have to make us attractive to those with money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  19. #179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,353
    I guess it's chicken and the egg !! And I agree that the crux of the matter is that we need people at the top working smarter.

    My point is the pittance that the FFA is putting into the club now will not change the status quo. That doesn't look like changing until an owner is found.

    A fulltime CEO doing the rounds would be a great step forward - losing Murphy at that time was a step backward.

    This is where the FFA could make a big change. A good CEO would not break the bank and would make immediate changes.

  20. #180
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,344
    To me it is not really chicken and egg or horse before cart etc

    We can actually fix the employment of the right personnel issue.

    The money thing we have no control of when the rich benefactor arrives.


    We can fix a lot of our CURRENT problems without the money but by being intelligent with our recruitment.


    The money sure as shit will accelerate this but it is pointless until the intelligence to make good decisions is in place or we will squander it
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •