View Poll Results: Where would be the ideal location for the Squadron?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bay 60

1 2.08%
  • Bay 2

4 8.33%
  • Southern Hill Seats

39 81.25%
  • Slobs

4 8.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Squadron Location (and other ideas)

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    care to elaborate on what the issues are with moving?

seems the vast majority of us on here want it, why won't the Squadron heirachy and club try to work this out?
    Firstly, the club and the squadron are trying to work it out. These things just take time and the club couldn't delay the sale of season tickets based on the position of 200 individuals. as far as I am aware the club are supportive of the idea.

The issues that surround the move are based on FFA/Hatamoto/police controls.

- Designated Seating
    - Designatetd entry & Exit
    - proximity to GA

Obviously some of these are more easily fixed than others. There is seating, so that is easy.

I use the example of Adelaide who had rope barriers around their active for the entry issue.

and GA is a positive. it enables those who may not want to have the "full experience", to join in in a obligation free way.
    Go jetties

I bet we cant use the rope system. that would be showing far too much help toward the active.

Yes theres massive amounts of back slapping and goodwill toward the active but... time to deliver a bit ticket item

I believe that move to bay 60 was Not the right thing to do and it has pretty much made the squadron invisible to TV coverage and the stadium atmosphere has somehow diminished due to empty stands in eastern grandstand with no tifo. If southern hill is not available than squadron should def move back to bays 1-2 where they created a good atmosphere with chanting and tifo.

Quote Originally Posted by Outoftowner View Post
    I believe that move to bay 60 was Not the right thing to do and it has pretty much made the squadron invisible to TV coverage and the stadium atmosphere has somehow diminished due to empty stands in eastern grandstand with no tifo. If southern hill is not available than squadron should def move back to bays 1-2 where they created a good atmosphere with chanting and tifo.
    The move back from where we currently are sitting to bay two is not currently an option available to us. The next logical move will be the southern hill. The support for this is mounting and we are working to have this achieved. Moving Forward, not backward.

It is important to not look at the Squadron in terms of what it was in previous years, yes we created a good atmosphere there, but moving back is not going to bring us the extra 2-300 people we had back then. Numerous factors have affected us, including years of poor on field performance, but also things like senior members moving on, general attitude of the match day crowd, fluctuations in club support, etc.

We are working pretty solidly behind it all to try and create an open and accepting Squadron which is available to all who wish to join. Bay60 was part of that change. On the opening of the Western Stand it was becoming noticeable that many fans were moving from the eastern to the western. Which has continued. We want to be able to engage a large section of the home crowd, and to do this we thought it would be better to be closer to the larger portion of crowds. I personally could not care if I can't be seen on TV.

The southern hill is most certainly the best location for us at this time, and enables rapid growth.
    Go jetties

In the end Bay 2 was screwed, down to 3 rows. Only a couple of of night games had improved the numbers.

Most of our games next year is still in the heat cause Newy doesn't deserve 7.30pm games according to fox

See I remember being involved in bay2 the way hawk States. 3 rows, hot sun, bay1 people yelling abuse at the people trying to get an atmosphere going.

Bay60 has been positive in my mind. We have new members, young people joining in, access to a greater portion of the crowd.

The hill will be even better
    Go jetties

What Tobes said

Southern Hill ftw
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

yeah southern hill is looking good, like back in good Ol days ����
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

yeah southern hill is looking good, like back in good Ol days ����
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Lols dem clapper sticks

P.s trying to spot familiar faces
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

So I'm guessing this got shelved never to be spoken of again for quite a few more years?

No. It is still in the pipeline.

Just issues to work through, unlikely to happen this season mind.

(Bay 60 was alright on Friday night, hard for anyone to claim we can't create atmosphere from there now)
    Go jetties

Definitely not, you guys did awesome... But being on the hill opens up everyone behind goals to join in.

Agree 100%.

Unfortunately it is out of our hands. We could move there but would lose everything that makes organisation and coordination possible.
    Go jetties

From 60 you can't be heard in the Western stand. From my seat in 54 even MV few supporters sounded louder. I think the Sqn should be on the East side where they can be seen and heard by the majority of the crowd who are in the West stand

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    From 60 you can't be heard in the Western stand. From my seat in 54 even MV few supporters sounded louder. I think the Sqn should be on the East side where they can be seen and heard by the majority of the crowd who are in the West stand
    Interesting. This isn't what I was being told after Friday night.

Although I couldn't hear bay 54 from where I was sitting. Perhaps you guys could come and join us in 60 then we could hear each other?

Important to remember what makes the Wanderers atmosphere so damn good at home, is not what the RBB do, it's what the other 99% do.
    Last edited by Blackmac79; 26-10-2015 at 06:23 AM.
    Go jetties

Wasn't having a shot. Just an observation. The reason we can't hear you as well as the opposition support is that they are opposite us. I'm sure those in the East heard you very well.
    My point is that if the Sqn was in the Eastern stand the the majority of the crowd (who are in the West stand would hear you better and be more likely to join in.
    As i said I'm not having a shot. I really appreciate the Sqn efforts but would like them to be in the most effective position possible and i think that that is back in their old spot

I have to agree with him..
    In the Western Stand the away fans do sound amplified. The Squadron sound is muffled and if the wind blows, non existent....a simple matter of acoustics, not crticism.

No doubt that when the Squadron is heard, more of the crowd join in.

Back in the old spot - numbers would plummet again.
    We've got 12 more 5pm or 5:15 kickoffs.

I'm just going to put this out there and I'm not having a shot

can people get bay 2 out of there heads, the next move is to the southern hill and then we are done

there is one stakeholder who isn't allowing for us to move, so the committee, the club and help from security and police are trying to go back with something that won't make them say no

When we moved to bay 60 70-80% were supportive off the move

id say 50% change there mind about 3 months after we made the move permanent.

The TV element is bulshit IMO, foxsports station cameras at the front of the squadron bay every week regardless and I can link you to the footage of carneys goal and there reaction for the goal.

Tifo is for the players and the club and not for TV, while the RBB, north terrace, etc. might be in it for ultra points.

you know whats going to make bay 60 louder for not only the western stand but the whole stadium;

If more people join in.

Friday night IMO was the best its been in years and definitely our best night since the move.

lets work with what we have and make the best off it.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

I sit in bay 52 western stand, never heard a thing all night, the nor Easter does nothing for you