Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015 A-League Fixtures - Mon 29th June

What I'm curious about is what we requested from the draw this season. If memory serves correctly, each club is allowed 1 request that within reason the FFA will do their best to help achieve. I wonder what we asked for this year..
    OK

Probably not to open with a derby.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Probably not to open with a derby.
    Looking at the 1st round, If you swap us and Perth around I think it would have been a near perfect 1st round
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    What I'm curious about is what we requested from the draw this season. If memory serves correctly, each club is allowed 1 request that within reason the FFA will do their best to help achieve. I wonder what we asked for this year..
    To exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

I guess Fox rules and it is more and more obvious - the video shown at the forums showed this - that they consider us the Gypos, Wello and Perth to some extent as "filler". Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Brisbane dominate the TV guide.

It's up to us to get results but we are now on a treadmill, it is harder to attracts fans, build an atmosphere and even play at 100% on a hot, summers afternoon.

I think FFA realise the disparity but Fox want a "super league" within a league and their panel of Sydneysiders reflect this.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    benny o'neill said on the twitters earlier today that it's a TV thing, newcastle never rates well so fox buries the newcastle games in the garbage slots (i.e. saturday/sunday 5pm)

the only way out is by winning. terrible east coast sides like ourselves, gypos will never get anything out of it unless they are riding high and make themselves a TV draw
    So we'll have to follow a big team instead of a piss team in Benny's eyes to enjoy 7.30pm viewing. fkn great innit

Saw on Twitter earlier this week that Benny O'Neill in response to not getting enough night games put up.....
    Unfortunately we've not rated well on TV recently
    We have to get numbers up to get nights

There you have it, the whole schedule for games is dictated by Fox.
    I't not about what is better for the fans attending live matches, it's all about TV ratings FFS.
    It's a catch-22 situation now for us though because generally the arvo 5pm kick offs are of a poorer standard because of the heat, with 12 of our 14 home matches either 5pm or 5.15pm kick offs we are already up against it in trying to look more appealing on the box and hence "get numbers up to get nights".
    Other teams like Victory and Adelaide for eg are going to continue to rate higher as most of their games are at night....unfortunately it's a vicious cycle which will be very hard to get out of until we start winning and playing attractive football.
    Wish there could be a compromise and games between Nov-Mar start no earlier than 6pm, that way the second game would still allow to be kicked off at the still reasonable time of 8pm.
    Come on FFA and Fox listen to the farken fans once!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    There you have it, the whole schedule for games is dictated by Fox.
    Of course the schedule is dictated by the broadcaster. This is exactly how it would be in every sport in every country. Without the money Fox put into the game, it wouldn't be where it is.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Of course the schedule is dictated by the broadcaster. This is exactly how it would be in every sport in every country. Without the money Fox put into the game, it wouldn't be where it is.
    That is a very broad statement: This is exactly how it would be in every sport in every country.
    How would you know?
    Fox and FFA need to listen to the fans a bit and not be so stubborn and rigid in their thinking. Okay they want to boost ratings but at the same time they should be thinking about how they can maximise "bums on seats" too. NRL has become too TV-orientated and look how their crowd figures have nosedived as a result.
    People would rather sit at home and watch the game on telly than go out on a cold Winters night to watch Footy.
    Likewise in the middle of Summer, these 5pm starts are not encouraging people to go to the games. A hot afternoon in January many people are going to hang out at the beach or be inside with the air con rather than going to an A League match. Put these games back to at least a 6pm start or even 6.30pm one.

Completely agree with what stopper is saying, and moreover I'm actually skeptical that what that Coastie media guy said anyway.

In the past there have been many references to the clubs putting in preferences for certain games (e.g a few seasons back the club was openly saying we were asked for Sunday afternoon games to be more appealing to families). I haven't crunched the numbers but I don't think it was this bad last season, yet I'm sure our TV ratings from the previous season weren't that great.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Completely agree with what stopper is saying, and moreover I'm actually skeptical that what that Coastie media guy said anyway.

Off topic but how did this guy avoid the chopping block? Hes a gypo, hes pv4s mate and he came up with "moving forward". If thats the extent of his skillz he should have been booted with the rest of the mugs. #bennyosqueelout

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Off topic but how did this guy avoid the chopping block? Hes a gypo, hes pv4s mate and he came up with "moving forward". If thats the extent of his skillz he should have been booted with the rest of the mugs. #bennyosqueelout
    Pretty sure gypo guy only started a bit before the end. Moving forward was long before he arrived.