Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 FFA Cup

broady, mate. same suburb as magic. broadmeadow jets.
    we will loose

good draw. looking forward to watching magic game with la baz
    we will loose

Even though rugby threw a bit of $$$ at No2, it's still a council venue. The knoughts are there this Sunday in second grade. Given the traffic and the time of year, it will be ripped up worse than Hunter Stadium mid rugby season, so I wouldn't go there.

Also, My understanding is 500lux is all that is necessary for TV broadcast.

Why not the Gardens? Surely the lights will be up to scratch, stay off the Dog Track though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Why not the Gardens? Surely the lights will be up to scratch, stay off the Dog Track though.
    I played a night game at the gardens recently and the lights are mainly for the dog track leaving it kinda dark in the middle of the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I never suggested there were any negatives to playing at No2 just that your reasoning was daft... "Can we please move our cup game to NEWCASTLE since we are the NEWCASTLE JETS?" was the daft bit. As if somehow playing at Broadmeadow for a cup game makes us less Newcastle than playing every single home game at New Lambton.
    I think it's a rather valid reason as research from around the World has shown Clubs often have better crowd figures when games are play in the heart of the CBD. Match day becomes much more then just driving to a white elephant in the Suburbs, rather it becomes a day outing with bars and restaurants in the surrounding area building up the atmosphere pre-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Pi$$ed orf! First round games line up almost exactly with me being overseas.

Wonder if the better half will mind me streaming matches?? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I think it's a rather valid reason as research from around the World has shown Clubs often have better crowd figures when games are play in the heart of the CBD. Match day becomes much more then just driving to a white elephant in the Suburbs, rather it becomes a day outing with bars and restaurants in the surrounding area building up the atmosphere pre-game.
    Again, your argument ignores the fact that we don't play our regular season league fixtures IN NEWCASTLE. Address that point instead of making up stuff about the rest of your post which I am not disagreeing with in the slightest.

How about Cessnock?

I don't know what the pitch is like now in rugby league season, but the pitch for Japan v Auckland City was immaculate. The best pitch I have ever seen in fact.

I think it should be in the mix when trying to find a venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    How about Cessnock?

I don't know what the pitch is like now in rugby league season, but the pitch for Japan v Auckland City was immaculate. The best pitch I have ever seen in fact.

I think it should be in the mix when trying to find a venue.
    Agreed, a great pitch. No idea how the lighting is though.

The downside to playing at Cessnock is it isn't using a NNSW football-specific ground. I like the idea of keeping the matches at existing football grounds like Magic Park/Jack Mclaughlin so that the experiences and advantages (inc financial) are kept within our game.
    OK

play it at no2.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Again, your argument ignores the fact that we don't play our regular season league fixtures IN NEWCASTLE. Address that point instead of making up stuff about the rest of your post which I am not disagreeing with in the slightest.
    You're the one that made the assumption about moving regular season fixtures.
    Last edited by Premy; 02-07-2015 at 03:04 PM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    You're the one that made the assumption about moving regular season fixtures.
    No, I didn't make that assumption at all. You said "FFA, can you please play it at No2 since we are the "Newcastle" Jets"... and I asked why playing in one of the many suburbs of Newcastle made us less Newcastle and why you aren't protesting that all of our home regular season fixtures aren't in the CBD as well.

No, I didn't make that assumption at all. You said "FFA, can you please play it at No2 since we are the "Newcastle" Jets"... and I asked why playing in one of the many suburbs of Newcastle made us less Newcastle and why you aren't protesting that all of our home regular season fixtures aren't in the CBD as well.
    I don't protest it because its an uphill battle.
    However I have stated on here many times that I would prefer us to play in at National park at a boutique 15-18,000 seater stadium.
    Why I don't protest this all the time is because I know it's pipedream stuff.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Sorrento FC have lost their home ground for their game against Sydney FC. http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/f...rates-harnwell

Since Jack McLaughlan Oval is only 200 lux and they need 350 lux minimum then I think Edgy will lose their home ground too.

Sorrento FC have lost their home ground for their game against Sydney FC. http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/f...rates-harnwell

Since Jack McLaughlan Oval is only 200 lux and they need 350 lux minimum then I think Edgy will lose their home ground too.
    dirty buggers

According to this article between 200 and 250 lux is required:

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/7056/...home-cup-clash

Quote Originally Posted by Goal.com
    Sharks resigned to relocating 'home' Cup clash

The Queensland side, who exited the inaugural competition at the hands of the Central Coast Mariners, may have to shift their game away from the Gold Coast

Palm Beach SC fear they may have to move their FFA Cup home clash away from the Gold Coast due to insufficient lighting at the club's regular base.

The Sharks - shock quarter-finalists in the competition last year - were drawn at home against former National Soccer League powerhouse South Melbourne FC in one of this year's big lower-tier match-ups.

But it seems unlikely they will get to hold the match at their Mallawa Drive headquarters.

With the cost to play the match at Robina’s Cbus Super Stadium also deemed too high, the Sharks may be forced to relocate their home match to Brisbane.

“It is very doubtful we can play the match on the Gold Coast,” club president Peter Williamson told the Gold Coast Bulletin.

“We’ve already paid $3000 to enter the competition and it will cost a minimum of $12,000 to play it at Cbus Super Stadium.

“We’d love to play it there but to do that we’d need a sponsor to tip in some money.”

Williamson said the lights at Mallawa Drive were registered at 130 lux, with FFA Cup match venues requiring somewhere between 200 and 250 lux.

If the club is unable to find a solution to play the match on the Gold Coast, Perry Park in Brisbane looms as the most likely venue.
    So it "may" be possible for Edgy to host. Here's hoping!

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    why wouldn't clubs get temporary lighting in?

it's used on construction sites all the time

Let cars in & park on the hill.

All those headlights should be enough

Have received word from Magic that both Edgeworth v Melbourne City and Jets v Perth will be played at Magic Park. Dates and times still not known