Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 FFA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    We desperately need a midfielder and striker, I think everyone is aware of those glaring holes in the starting line up.
    Now would you go as far as to say that we are 2 signings away from a respectable team? I would think that if we haven't just thrown money at anyone off contract Miller must be doing some sort of research on who he wants. I genuinely think that with a very good striker and a very good midfielder we could make a dramatic improvement on last year. Get some Ramsay/Dannings to come of the bench when need be to leave room for 2 big signings and i'll be happy.

The big questions is where do we find 2 good players and can we convince them to come? Ange could get in the ear of some almost socceroos and send them to his mate Miller?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Now would you go as far as to say that we are 2 signings away from a respectable team? I would think that if we haven't just thrown money at anyone off contract Miller must be doing some sort of research on who he wants. I genuinely think that with a very good striker and a very good midfielder we could make a dramatic improvement on last year. Get some Ramsay/Dannings to come of the bench when need be to leave room for 2 big signings and i'll be happy.

The big questions is where do we find 2 good players and can we convince them to come? Ange could get in the ear of some almost socceroos and send them to his mate Miller?
    I would say we are two signings away from a solid starting eleven. The fact that we are talking about Ramsay/Danning on the bench when you look at other squads (coasties aside) means we aren't going to have a good "team" while we have so many players that we perceive are being paid well over market value.

Would love Ange to get involved... get in the ear of some younger Socceroos and convince them they need guaranteed football to develop and under his man Miller is a good choice. Can't think of anyone that used to be here that would fit the bill and who have played less than 5 games between them since leaving...

Who was international Marquee at Brisbane in 2011/2012?... Can only be one ( Berisha or broitch?).... My point is they are the kind of players you want to find and sign now( they don't have to be marquee / FFA not paying for marquee). They the kind of players we should sign before we get Hoffman, Ramsey... Etc because we won't have $$$ left to get them soon.
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Who was international Marquee at Brisbane in 2011/2012?... Can only be one ( Berisha or broitch?).... My point is they are the kind of players you want to find and sign now( they don't have to be marquee / FFA not paying for marquee). They the kind of players we should sign before we get Hoffman, Ramsey... Etc because we won't have $$$ left to get them soon.
    Problem is we need to sign enough players to meet minimum squad requirements so we are going to sign the Hoffmans and Ramsays on (hopefully) minimum coin before dipping our toe in the market for the unknowns you speak of.

Good point. I don't think we have the time or the right people in place to scout out players like them this off season, which isn't really the FFAs fault. That is something we need to discuss when we get new owners. That said he might be looking at some overseas players as we speak. The same people who found Li Kee and Enver are still at the club aren't they?
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Constructive??.... Ok let's start: BK: kind of a band aid keeper . Birraz: has to prove himself (again). The two center back: nothing like Spira or the French dude from Victory. The Korean ok but still has to prove a bit more and same as the Serbian ( And they are not the victory guy who play for Macedonia or the roar Broich fellow yet). Kanta: Bayern laught at what they saw: Can't even pass the ball...... Carney can play but needs quality around him to shine..... After that who have we got ? Hoffman.... You really think he has got the X factor?..... Then the young guns including Cooper and they all have Done nothing at HAL Level yet..... So it's that constructive enough for you or should we go through let's say Melbourne city roster or victory.. Or FC..... ????
    You've raised some fair points mate but tell you what, I was fairly optimistic for last season with the squad assembled and even had a good feeling about Stubbins based on what he was saying (yeah he fooled a lot of people).
    For me this season is virtually like the club starting all over again, I just can't see the point in passing judgement on anyone yet, be it the coaching staff or the players. Miller is an unknown entity as a senior coach and many of the players (signed so far) are untried and untested at this level or are discards from other clubs....not too dissimilar to the WSW's in their first season. Don't forget too that Ono was signed very late and came into the side weeks away from full fitness.
    Either way I'm not getting carried away thinking yes, we are going to turn it around this season or conversely thinking that it's going to be another debacle. With still just under 3 months away till the season, what's the point in getting all worked up and arguing with each other?
    Say by round 7, we will probably have had a good idea of where we are at and then we can probably say whether the club is on the right track or not.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    You've raised some fair points mate but tell you what, I was fairly optimistic for last season with the squad assembled and even had a good feeling about Stubbins based on what he was saying (yeah he fooled a lot of people).
    For me this season is virtually like the club starting all over again, I just can't see the point in passing judgement on anyone yet, be it the coaching staff or the players. Miller is an unknown entity as a senior coach and many of the players (signed so far) are untried and untested at this level or are discards from other clubs....not too dissimilar to the WSW's in their first season. Don't forget too that Ono was signed very late and came into the side weeks away from full fitness.
    Either way I'm not getting carried away thinking yes, we are going to turn it around this season or conversely thinking that it's going to be another debacle. With still just under 3 months away till the season, what's the point in getting all worked up and arguing with each other?
    Say by round 7, we will probably have had a good idea of where we are at and then we can probably say whether the club is on the right track or not.
    To add to what you've said and as I mentioned in another thread, we've only got part of the recruitment picture. Let's wait and see what we have once it's all done.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

To add to what you've said and as I mentioned in another thread, we've only got part of the recruitment picture. Let's wait and see what we have once it's all done.
    Its not too far from done and it doesn't seem great.

If anyone thinks this ship will be turned round quickly, you've got rocks in your head.

Miller has been very clear, "A team to be proud of"

Never once mentioning ladder position, he knows there's lots of work to be done and that the squad he goes into this season with has been hamstrung by past contract negotiations.

The worst thing we can do is get our hopes up for this coming season.

So long as we play smart, never give up on games and don't once look like a deer in the headlights I'll be happy.

The first of the Round of 32 matches are kicking off this week. Is anyone going to the match this week? It's Edgy v City, isn't it?

I wanted to go to all 3 weeks but I am travelling for work this week so am missing out on one.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Wed 29th Magic V Heidelberg
    Tue 4th Edgeworth V City
    Tue 11th Jets V Glory
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Wed 29th Magic V Heidelberg
    Tue 4th Edgeworth V City
    Tue 11th Jets V Glory
    Oh sweet. Thanks Premy.

Plan on heading to all three. Would be a shame to miss to be honest.
    Go jetties

I'm assuming tickets are available at the Gate tonight? $10?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Yes and yes. Although I am led to believe that there has been a decent number of presales also.

Herald say edgy have sold 600 for their game, mostly grandstand.

Hopefully magic get more than 1800 they got last time
    Go jetties

Michael Turnbull is going to miss the Hume vs Strikers match tonight on account of a back injury sustained during filming of The Bachelorette...

Griffin Mcmaster left out of Heidelberg squad for being a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by slobsy View Post
    Griffin Mcmaster left out of Heidelberg squad for being a racist.
    Deport him

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Nice work with the live streams.

Not a great start for magic