Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Joel Griffiths

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Oh by the way, MARK BRIDGE did score the winning goal in the 2008 Grand Final victory.
    Just thought some of you might need reminding because your heads have been so far far up Joel's arse the past few years and lost touch with reality!
    Some blokes heads might be up arses but yours is in the sand young man.
    Did you even watch the game?

Everyone knows it was
    {thinks of local player still there from '08}
    KURT GIDLEY that scored it.
    If you're gonna start shit get yo fax strate furst homie.

Bring in Andrew Johns. Could do the Robbie Fowler goal celebration. Would be worth the $$$$ to see the headlines the next morning.

Banned
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/Football...site=FoxSports

Video for those who missed Griffo on Fox on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Let's see what happens next week.

What sort of reception will be given if he gets a run?

If he plays, and if he scores against us, lets see how he celebrates.

If he runs over to the squadron and gives everyone the big F-U, I think this place will go into meltdown.
    my thoughts exactly.

keeps quite after the inevitable goal against us, begrudging respect.

celebrates like a bellend, meltdown.

**** me didnt he seem dark about any questions relating to the jets!

we all love the griff...
    but how many times have we asked him back and he virtually told us to fu@k off..
    shitney ask him once and the bloke signs a 2 year frigging deal..
    Thats the hardest thing im finding to get over..

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    we all love the griff...
    Loved..
    **** him.. He has turned his back on us, we have been worshipping a false idol..

smh at the non believers

Joel hasn't said much but what he said is telling. He said that all his mates who aren't into football are talking about it because of Del Piero. He's talked in the past about how much he has learned off Drogba and Anelka and what a great experience it was for him to play at the same club as them.

At Sydney he will be fed by a great footballer and if he starts scoring he'll be a crowd favourite in his own right. It's a good scenario for him and I don't think he would think about anything beyond that. At the end of the day, he's not from here. Why would he care?

Even if Newcastle were a possibility he would have to compete with Heskey as the main striker, which is probably why he said that Jets fans have moved on, and good service isn't guaranteed.

This is the big lesson for me: We really need to develop some great players that come from our own region. We need to nurture them and not just ruthlessly use them and spit them out. It would be great if we could have a program especially for attacking players and strikers so that we could produce more of these types of players than we should. Currently, all our most loved attacking players just move off and so there are no local heroes and there is no feedback into the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by hauss View Post
    This is the big lesson for me: We really need to develop some great players that come from our own region. We need to nurture them and not just ruthlessly use them and spit them out. It would be great if we could have a program especially for attacking players and strikers so that we could produce more of these types of players than we should. Currently, all our most loved attacking players just move off and so there are no local heroes and there is no feedback into the kids.
    Funnily enough Bridges has stuck around and seems to be quite fond of the place, not sure how well he and the egg get on but its nice to think he'll have sort of coaching role at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Funnily enough Bridges has stuck around and seems to be quite fond of the place, not sure how well he and the egg get on but its nice to think he'll have sort of coaching role at some point.
    I think it would be great if Bridges could have some role in developing attacking players. Even set up his own academy or something.

Kale Bradbery

The corner flag academy
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    i'd be fond of the place too if all i had to do was pull splinters out of my arse and make a few tweets now and then

the corner flag, hashtag & moustache centre for kids who can't play football good & want to do other good stuff too
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

the corner flag, hashtag & moustache centre for kids who can't play football good & want to do other good stuff too
    Hahahahaha, Brilliant..
    Say what you want about Bridgey.. At least the bloke wants to be here and wants to put in for the club, the town and its fans..

Griffo knows he was and is still a crowd favorite here, even if heskey is here aswell.
    The both of them with ryu would tear opposition apart. but he was always intent on playing with shitney.
    (so stop beating around the bush griffo)

he might want to be here and do his bit for the community, but ffs he is taking up a foreign spot and if he is the good bloke everyone claims him to be he would be smart enough to retire and leave the foreign spot for a first team starter.

i actually think bridges only has a contract because gary doesn't want him in the coaching staff as he sees him as a threat to his position whereas deans poses no threat whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

If I was a striker and given the opportunity to team up with a number ten such as ADP I couldn't sign up quick enough.

Dollars might come into it, but overall Griff made a decision to come back to his home town and play alongside a legend of the game.

We should remember his contribution in seasons two and three and simply move on.

how long till he can get citizenship???