Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cya ryan

Cya ryan

tried hard for our club but never met expectations in my opinion and has been out of form for a very long time i would like to know how everyone else feels about his departure. this is going to free up some room on the left hand side which hopefully goodwin can reclaim some of his form from early this year and slot in purely as an attacking player. i think overall this is a positive move if the jets wanna think for he future and progress forward plus i m pretty sure he was on a pretty good wicket here who knows we might be able to afford a quality replacement during the next transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by kaluah8123 View Post
    tried hard for our club but never met expectations in my opinion and has been out of form for a very long time i would like to know how everyone else feels about his departure. this is going to free up some room on the left hand side which hopefully goodwin can reclaim some of his form from early this year and slot in purely as an attacking player. i think overall this is a positive move if the jets wanna think for he future and progress forward plus i m pretty sure he was on a pretty good wicket here who knows we might be able to afford a quality replacement during the next transfer window.
    He's leading the team in goals and assists and yet you think he's out of form / not meeting expectations ? better yet - just **** off back to Blue Tongue
    Last edited by The Dunster; 26-02-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Solid penalty taker.

Once loved him but really won't miss him to be perfectly honest

He won't make any difference to the rest of our season… possibly score an extra goal or two that would scrape us into the 6..? So for next season, it's a nice chunk of salary cap for next season. Hopefully we use it for an experienced striker and not to pick up 3 more players from the AIS.

I was happy when he was here, I won't be sad that he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    He's leading the team in goals and assists and yet you think he's out of form / not meeting expectations ? Jbetter yet - ust **** off back to Blue Tongue
    Why does everyone keep making reference to his penalties. I'm sorry the only other person to score goals in the team consistently is Heskey. There goes one major source of our goals... now lets hope we resign the other.

having a successful pens taker is a great asset. Watch us miss the next 2.

tl; dr

Guess all questions will be answered in next few games aka whether we play better or worse without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Guess all questions will be answered in next few games aka whether we play better or worse without him.
    No no no, thank YOU

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    Why does everyone keep making reference to his penalties. I'm sorry the only other person to score goals in the team consistently is Heskey. There goes one major source of our goals... now lets hope we resign the other.
    Poor argument to be honest. Who else steps up with seconds left to net that pen v Sydney at home? Penalties are goals too. Prob the same mob sprouting this that go on with "Heskey scores tap-ins only" rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Poor argument to be honest. Who else steps up with seconds left to net that pen v Sydney at home? Penalties are goals too. Prob the same mob sprouting this that go on with "Heskey scores tap-ins only" rubbish.
    Take out all the penalties and all the goals that could somewhat resemble tap ins..... you have some good goals..... nut nowhere near as many..... and i'm talking about all over the league not just Jets/Heskey/Ryan

you're all bandwagoners for hating on gruff
    OK

From those changing pictures on the sites home page, only Zads left...

Apparently we did get a fee for him. He was pretty good for us but now Taggart gets a chance. Bye Greedy Ryan

Hope we at least got $200 000 for him. From memory we got $650 000 for Nick Carle.

Like Griff sad to see him go.

The question must be asked why?

If memory serves me Grif didn't come here for the dollars (could have stayed in China for that) he came for the lifestyle for his family. He now says he's going back to China because he is thinking of his family.

What's changed? He had another to go on his contract, we are sitting in 6th spot with a good shot at the finals.

Is this another man management issue?

What is the difference between Griff and Brockie last season who we stopped going to China ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    He's leading the team in goals and assists and yet you think he's out of form / not meeting expectations ? better yet - just **** off back to Blue Tongue
    Agree, first post, starts a new thread to bag Griff

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    What is the difference between Griff and Brockie last season who we stopped going to China ?
    Management is smarter now and realised that we are shit and don't stand a chance even if we make the finals so is taking the money.