Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Jetstream Podcast with David Eland

4-3-3 increases the number of touches each individual gets on the ball, its the same reasoning behind small-sided games. The more touches a player gets the more time with the ball he/she has the more technical/skillful that player is going to become.

Con Boutzanis (sp?) - released his own training "app", in which a beginner player would recieve over 500 touches an hour and an expert player between 1000-1500. Giving players far more time to develop with the ball.

We are trying to move away from the ideology that physical attributes outweigh everything else.

agree small sided games give more touches on the ball but wouldnt say playing 4-3-3 does. I have nothing against 4-3-3 if you have the players to fit that system but coaching courses should be about developing coaches in all aspects of coaching.
    As a coach if you're playing against a team playing 4-3-3 and you know they're better at it than you it would be crazy to play the same system.Surely players need to be taught all systems for their development.
    Just my opinion.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Seldom, Completely agree. I watched a school game where both teams played the 4-3-3 system one team had better players technically and completely dominated the middle of the park. A change to a 4-4-2 system was sugested to give extra strenght in the midfield. No they stayed with the original formation and lost 4 -0. Not saying a change would of given them a win, but agree you to play a formation to suit your team.

4-3-3 = 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-1-3 or 4-2-3-1

It's not "4-3-3" that is neccisarily the problem, or not having the players to play it.
    A lot of it comes down to coach not knowing how to use it and adapt it and think of it as 3 rigid lines of players.
    And that can be a result of the coaching courses.
    Don't blame the tactical system.
    Blame the lack of knowledge of the tactical system

Why does he have so many multis? Is it so he can provide different point of view?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    This was my point. You've mentioned 4 different systems above .....throw in 4-4-2...3-5-2 and several others and you get where I'm coming from.Coaches and players need to be exposed to all formations for development.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    You've mentioned 4 different systems above
    no I didn't. I mentioned tactical variations afforded to a coach who knows how to use the 4-3-3 diffently depending on the situation.

Banned
    Seldom the issue isn't about the systems of 4-4-2, 3 -5 -2, 4-3-3 or whatever. These things can be learned easily as the player gets older and the tactical side of the game should be ideally learned primarily once 16-18 years old for those pushing into the game as a pro footballer.

The need for 4 - 3 -3 is that it is "believed" to assist in the skill set development of players as juniors. So hopefully in 10-15 years time Aussie kids will be much better skilled than my generation, your generation or the current generation coming through.

Also remember it ain't about winning or losing at this age/level the coaching should be about developing players skill sets and love of the game. Whether or not a game could be won/lost by tweaking tactics should be irrelevant at this level as the kids should be out their learning the game and enjoying it

I don't believe at all that it hinders players development not being exposed to playing against a variety of formations at all. Kids should be taught the aspects of controlling a ball dribbling beating a man maintaining possession creating space and manipulating 2v2s 1v1s 3v2s etc rather than how to break down a 3-5-2 lineup.

Remember they are kids after all and their level of comprehension of tactics is gonna be at the lower end of the spectrum. Learn the basics and develop the theory behind it later should be the logic here

It is also known that in over countries with successful football programs that they don't focus on tactics but instead skill sets at a young age. Why should we be different???

4-3-3 = 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-1-3 or 4-2-3-1

It's not "4-3-3" that is neccisarily the problem, or not having the players to play it.
    A lot of it comes down to coach not knowing how to use it and adapt it and think of it as 3 rigid lines of players.
    Don't blame the tactical system.
    Blame the lack of knowledge of the tactical system
    who are you and what have you done with vikingjet

but yeah, i agree. thinking too rigidly about a 4-3-3 is detrimental, it all has to do with how you want your top men to defend, if you want a flat midfield or a horseshoe, how much you want your widebacks to get involved in attack, if you play a flat 4 across the back, etc. for me the ultimate system is 4-3-3 in attack & 4-4-2 in defence, and it's how any and every team should be playing.
    Last edited by pv4; 18-07-2012 at 11:55 AM.
    OK

you can try and play every formation under the sun, it wont matter a bit if you are unable to

A) kick
    B) Shoot
    C) Take on a ball in the Air
    D) Hold the ball up
    E) Run with the Ball
    F) pass the ball and MOVE

the list goes on...
    Amigos Aarau

no I didn't. I mentioned tactical variations afforded to a coach who knows how to use the 4-3-3 diffently depending on the situation.
    tactical variations are systems.have played and coached all these "formations" and not sure how this became a textbook argument but again having done the coaching courses through nnsw I personally thought they could be run slightly different with less focus on 4-3-3. Again only my opinion, others who have done these courses probably totally disagree with me.I was asking Mr Eland this question because I truly wanted to know the reasoning

so I take it people are interested in a podcast involving David Eland then

stay tuned people
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Another question for David. Why do the local football authorities persist in scheduling games on the same days as the NBN State League GF, NEW FM GF and Womens GF??? Why won't the NNSWFF force their hand to schedule game days well before we get to these GFs?

And another - why won't Northern NSW administer the Zone leagues, in line with the NBN and New FM leagues, so there is a consistent and professional administration for all the clubs? Particularly with regard to promotion/relegation and consistency through the rules and regs?

And another - What would be a fair and equitable system for selecting the GF ground in 2013, assuming the current selection criteria is not fair and equitable as some clubs have stated? Was there a selection process this year? What clubs, if any, requested to host the GF? Also would the NNSWFF consider holding the GF at a non football ground, i.e. No 2 sports ground? Will it be the future vision of the NNSWFF to hold the GF at its new complex at Speers Point?

Quote Originally Posted by nbnjet View Post
    Another question for David. Why do the local football authorities persist in scheduling games on the same days as the NBN State League GF, NEW FM GF and Womens GF??? Why won't the NNSWFF force their hand to schedule game days well before we get to these GFs?
    Why dont the NNSWFA and Mac/Hunt/NewPort have there comps in line totally agree.
    The last game played in Newcastle should be the NBN GF, 2nd last should be 2hd, ZPL and others 3rd last along with junior comps.
    Then you have the build up to the final game, which is the NBN GF (stuff 4000 this year, could be 6 or 7)
    it might mean some comps start earlier, less spare weekends, but it is workable.
    Can this work

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Why dont the NNSWFA and Mac/Hunt/NewPort have there comps in line totally agree.
    The last game played in Newcastle should be the NBN GF, 2nd last should be 2hd, ZPL and others 3rd last along with junior comps.
    Then you have the build up to the final game, which is the NBN GF (stuff 4000 this year, could be 6 or 7)
    it might mean some comps start earlier, less spare weekends, but it is workable.
    Can this work
    So many grounds have lights so why don't they schedule some mid week games, probably before and after long weekends. We could have a month long of finals and GFs culminating in the NBN State League GF. Why not also integrate the Womans into the 2hd GF? Would make sense and have a larger crowd than they usually would, and of course would not detract from another GF or Final, play them before the 2hd 1st grade. Im beginning to think we have incompetent people running our game at all levels who have no real football interest. Cmon Alan Nesbit make it happen!!! Push a positive agenda for the game!

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    so I take it people are interested in a podcast involving David Eland then

stay tuned people
    Hey furns - more than interested in the podcast. How does it work? Will we be able to post our questions through the forum and David will reply all in real time???

There are still many questions we would like David to answer.