Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Jetstream Podcast with David Eland

Possible Jetstream Podcast with David Eland

as I posted in podcast forum
    Introduced myself to David Eland at the Trust meeting, asked him if he would be interested in being interviewed for a Jetstream Fan Forum podcast a la Robbie/Jarrod/GVE episodes I taped earlier. He was keen, are people interested and are there many questions people would like to ask him?
    So, are people interested? What sort of questions would people like to ask him?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Plans for an all weather facility?

Thinking behind having u16 u18 u20 and 1st grade in 2014 NBN. Surely a lot of decent players over 20 but not up to 1st grade are going to be isolated or is the plan to strengthen lower divisions ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

changing the NNSW cup format to possibly somehow improve it and make it a compltely random format.

Set up the draw in the State Cup so there is only byes in Round 1

It was a farce thet in the final local leg a team recieved a bye.

Set it up so its R1 64 teams/ Rd 2 32 / Rd 3 16 / 1/4 Final 8 / Semi 4 / Final 2 / Winner 1

Example if there are 40 teams in the draw you will have 24 teams with byes and 16 teams play to get the 8 winners to make round 2 and even 32

Yeah can you asked David if he has any plan to help the smaller clubs to survive.

The current format with Associations running their own elite squads takes the best players from local clubs which in many cases causes real problems for those teams and clubs. For these club teams the loss of these players usually means the team suffers, loses games and in many cases gets demoted the next season.

The knock on effect is that parents take their kids to the super clubs that offer multiple teams in multiple grades so the smaller club loses out again as this weakens the whole nature of the club.

As an example I offer what has happened to my club the Tenambit Sharks. We have low rego costs (at least $50 cheaper in most grades then our nearest rival), great facilities and ofer to pay for all coaching certificates, gala days and a number of other initiatives to attract parents/players. Yet over the years our teams lose their best players to large clubs such as Maitland and Thornton. Where the club use to have a number of teams in all age groups, up to 17s we now have no teams between 12s & 16s.

The club has been very successful growing their seniors All Age men's & 1 women's team as well as our senior League 1 squad but the clubs junior ranks are dwindling as any talented players that are developed is very quickly snapped up by either the association or the two larger clubs in the area.

Sharks have always encouraged their talented players to go as far as they can but as a club with over 35 years of history there is a real concern that we will soon become a seniors club only as we continue to lose players, which then leads to less support from parents to assist in the running of the club.

Is their any future for the small local suburbern in the NNSWF plans or will the future only be for the mega clubs of football in the region.

I apologise for the length of my "question" but we have lost a couple of clubs in the HV association over the last few years while the bigger clubs get bigger. And it's not often you get a chance to put it to someone who is suppose to care.

Cheers

Why cant players who have private insurance pay reduced rego?

Will photo id be used on game day?

what do we have to do to change the format of the solo cup back to higher seeded teams have a bye in initial rounds & then any team can be drawn against any league? it was a much better setup & the only reason there was such a high number of clubs in this years comp was the entry fee was paid for them. the competition itself was a joke this year - no team wants to pay money to play against someone in their own comp! if Barnsley really was the fairy tale story the herald posted it was, they would have done what Barnsley fc in England did & actually knock off powerhouse clubs on their route to the finals.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Thinking behind having u16 u18 u20 and 1st grade in 2014 NBN. Surely a lot of decent players over 20 but not up to 1st grade are going to be isolated or is the plan to strengthen lower divisions ?
    + Will the 18, 20 and first grade groupings also apply to NEWFM competition?

Also, How does NNSWF judge the success of such age groups, when various changes to the competitions are made so frequently? e.g it was changed from U/19s in 2008, 17s and 19s (2009) to under 18s (2010), to U/19s with a separate competition for U/17s in 2011, now its U/17s and U/19s.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 15-07-2012 at 11:32 PM.

1/ Will the proposed points grading for players in NBN and NEWFM still go ahead or will it be modified to be a fairer system?
    2/ Is the "A" Licence still be the requirement for State League coaches by 2014?
    3/ Will the State Cup be modeled to a FA Cup style draw?
    4/ Is it true that State League will be expanded to a 12 team comp with an inclusion of Nelson Bay and a North Coast club?
    5/ The future of promotion/relegation?
    6/ As Grunta said, will there be a look at how junior clubs can survive and if a revamp of the failing junior elite program will be considered.

1/ Will promotion / relegation be resumed between Newfm and Zpl?
    2/ Will ZPL clubs get a visit form a NNSW representative to be advised on what is needed to update their facilities to Newfm status?.

why are coaching courses all based on a Dutch 4-3-3 system. we do realise the Dutch have gone back to the drawing board after recent average results
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    why are coaching courses all based on a Dutch 4-3-3 system. we do realise the Dutch have gone back to the drawing board after recent average results
    I will answer that. Its the mandated system by the FFA.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Why cant players who have private insurance pay reduced rego?
    Fat chance of getting a sensible answer to that question. I'm sure NNSWF receive some sort of kickback (sponsorship, contra deals, reduced insurance premiums etc) for forcing players to pay for insurance. David would probably justify it by claiming that players benefit from reduced premiuims due to the buying power of NNSWF's membership, but you're still paying for something that is essentially useless due to the exclusions and restrictions in place.

Can we let him answer it, or just continue the guessing game?

Banned
    In light of the Local Rugby Union Authorities getting a significant government/council handout to redo a facility ie the No2 Sportsground for basically their own private use. Where is the NNSW Fed at in getting a similar facility to be used for solely round ball activities. ie Jets NYL games, W League, State League and New FM level Finals series, NNSW rep games etc. Don't need a 30k all seater for this just something that we can fit 5k in and has a top quality playing surface not churned up by eggball codes

Also in light of the Jets involvement at State League level why doesn't the NNSW Fed actually get more use out of the Jets to promote the comp and individual games. Admittedly you do see some of the HAL squad at these games but why aren't 2 HAL players put on PR duty each game, to sign Autographs for the kids, have photos taken with punters, have a kick around on the pitch with the kids at HT and help the club hosting the match raise some funds with a raffle or something.

I am sure there are many other good ideas out there that I can't think of.

After all the Jets seem to be getting all the good out of being in the State League level how about the NNSW Fed actually putting a bit of a squeeze on them to get their finger out and give a bit back

Why are all clubs forced to play nnsw's 'super 6's' in the off-season now rather than successful 7 aside comps? Is there any other reason other then nnsw penny pinching?

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I will answer that. Its the mandated system by the FFA.
    Why is it mandated by fifa?

David, are going to egg the houses of the previous board?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Why is it mandated by fifa?
    FFA introduced a coaching curriculum for the development of better technical players in the future years. As part of this curriculum it has down a 4-3-3 system as the way to develop players. The belief behind this system is that it helps develop players technical and tactical skills at a better rate than any other formation. Not saying it is right/wrong but that is what this philosophy claims