Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoffman? You kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    How many A League games have you played so that you have the "authority" to declare that someone is a shit footballer?
    How many shitty condescending posts have you written that gives you the authority to write shitty condescending posts pal?

Neville and Hoff are probably of a similar standard as RB's but as I have stated previously and rhysd has mentioned, Hoff also provides cover in other positions.
    You must be trolling. Mario Jardel offered more in a Jets shirt than Jason Hoffman. He is the worst footballer I have ever watched play professional football.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    He's home.
    Awesome! Now we just need Griff and the dream is alive.

Chuffed with this signing, especially if it means we don't pick up Ramsay or Danning.

worst signing ever!!

People are honestly making this out to be so much worse then it is

He's on a one year contract, more then likely on not much cash, didn't play half bad for city last season and may not even be starting. Give the dude a chance and calm the **** down

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    People are honestly making this out to be so much worse then it is

He's on a one year contract, more then likely on not much cash, didn't play half bad for city last season and may not even be starting. Give the dude a chance and calm the **** down
    I guess anyone who WANTS to come back and help us should be embraced. If the lad wants to play for Newy should better than people who are just coming for coin.. Chances are he's on low $ and might be able to add some mongrel. At least we have people willing to leave decent clubs like City for Newy. Which we've never had in the past. Just hope the signings get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    I guess anyone who WANTS to come back and help us should be embraced. If the lad wants to play for Newy should better than people who are just coming for coin.. Chances are he's on low $ and might be able to add some mongrel. At least we have people willing to leave decent clubs like City for Newy. Which we've never had in the past. Just hope the signings get better.
    Willing to leave? Are you high? He got released/not resigned/given the arse as he was not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    Willing to leave? Are you high? He got released/not resigned/given the arse as he was not good enough
    Pretty sure he was contracted there for the upcoming season, so he was released when he came back here.. He may have seen the signs coming he was going to be given the flick, but he was still contracted there for this season, until we took him.
    Last edited by Roundball Enthusiast; 17-07-2015 at 12:37 PM.

A bit of levity needs to be applied her - like BK, Hoff is not the same player he was five years ago and although not superstar material, has improved no doubt.

If guys like this were as crap as they are made out to be they wouldn't get a gig.

Jury out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    A bit of levity needs to be applied her - like BK, Hoff is not the same player he was five years ago and although not superstar material, has improved no doubt.

If guys like this were as crap as they are made out to be they wouldn't get a gig.

Jury out.
    How did Gallaway got a gig then ?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Give the dude a chance and calm the **** down

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    He scored twice for us in the league, but hey
    don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Jury out.
    Righto, this only has convinced me to give him a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

When Hoffman signed for Heart, it was made clear to him that it was his last chance at making it as a professional footballer. Props to the guy, he's outlasted a tonne more players who came into the league during a similar era.

But this signing still doesn't fill me with any deal of confidence. I hope he hasn't taken up a large amount of the salary cap, so we still have room for other players. And I hope that we have better options for all the positions he'd be looked at to start.

The last two offseasons we've done pretty good at trimming the deadwood. The problem is, when we pick up other clubs garbage. City fans were screaming for both Hoffman & Ramsay to be kicked out - and we're seemingly signing both of them. It's like the feeling we had when WSW picked up Gallaway, but in reverse.

The big problem we'll face is from all reports, starting from when Hoffman debuted in the HAL through to now, he is a phenomenal trainer. Untouchable in training games, and miles ahead of everyone. But he doesn't bring that confidence & form into games. So I can see him impressing Miller A LOT, from the recommendation of Duff through to training form, and this may alter his perception of how useful he will be in games for us.
    OK

This has proven that our recruitment is still spastic. Welcome to newasshole

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    When Hoffman signed for Heart, it was made clear to him that it was his last chance at making it as a professional footballer. Props to the guy, he's outlasted a tonne more players who came into the league during a similar era.

But this signing still doesn't fill me with any deal of confidence. I hope he hasn't taken up a large amount of the salary cap, so we still have room for other players. And I hope that we have better options for all the positions he'd be looked at to start.

The last two offseasons we've done pretty good at trimming the deadwood. The problem is, when we pick up other clubs garbage. City fans were screaming for both Hoffman & Ramsay to be kicked out - and we're seemingly signing both of them. It's like the feeling we had when WSW picked up Gallaway, but in reverse.

The big problem we'll face is from all reports, starting from when Hoffman debuted in the HAL through to now, he is a phenomenal trainer. Untouchable in training games, and miles ahead of everyone. But he doesn't bring that confidence & form into games. So I can see him impressing Miller A LOT, from the recommendation of Duff through to training form, and this may alter his perception of how useful he will be in games for us.
    You'd hope he'd be on close to the minimum wage

We're gonna be hoping that Miller and JDP can get the best out of him, take the form he has in training and transition it to the actual game

This season we're really gonna be hoping for a lot of that, a guy like Kanta really needs to step up and prove his worth this season or I don't see him sticking around for another year.

It seems Hoffman is a programmer in his spare time. He has created a spambot army to attack the foz today

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Well said PV4, this is an example of the kind of posts that should be on the Foz more often....putting up an intelligent argument based on some thought and consideration.
    As compared to some of the downright childish garbage and bagging out of a player who deserves the right to be judged on his performances that are to come, not on what he done years ago as a young player just finding his feet.
    Even though his decision-making at times still lets him down his physical attributes i.e strength, speed, agility are his strong points and in most games I have seen him in the past couple of years for Heart/City an opponent rarely got the better of him, hell he even eye-balled that nutjob Berisha and didn't backdown an inch.

Well said PV4, this is an example of the kind of posts that should be on the Foz more often....
    Hey cuz you should go to the CCM Foz there are heaps more Gypos talking on there if that's yer thing.