Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/16 Membership thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Really? Where's she going? City?
    Unfortunately I cannot return to Adelaide United this season for the Lady Reds. Family and most notably a little girl growing too fast for my liking will keep me in Melbourne going forward. I felt the need to let the Lady Reds and Adelaide family know of my position.
    I wanted to thank each and every one of you for helping me feel welcome and like part of the family.
    I specifically want to thank Ross Aloisi.
    ‪#‎relentless‬
    Thank you to FFSA and the guys in the office - Tracey, Wendy, Michael and Arija.
    Thank you Val and the Advertiser crew for sharing my story.
    Thank you to Dez and Jacob for opening your home and letting my family become yours.
    To my Lady Reds. Love you xx
    She's been playing for Box Hill, even scored a goal a few weeks ago.

Cheers Grim
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    What's your plan then?

Other than slagging things off on the Internet?

They've secured 2 major sponsorship deals and are developing a far better community engagement program.
    They've improve communication with nnsw, local media, local business and members.
    They've signed some layers with decent a-league experience, granted no superstars, but they cost cap space we've not got.

Expectations of what can be achieved within the restrictions faced need to be realistic.
    For a start this money we had left is quite a lot. 800k-1million to sign 8-10 players is quite a lot.
    A lot can be done with it. Yes we have to spend wisely, yes we have to be smart. But we were in a position to make do with what we had.

Offering up excuses that it is too hard can't be done will not achieve anything.

These are the cards we have lets roll with the punches and deal with it.
    Look at who is the beacon of positivity!!!

First up strategy is to sign your quality players FIRST
    Don't sign young kids,don't sign released unemployed players who are other clubs trash, Don't sign players from other clubs under contract you don't really need.

You go straight for the guts and sign your starting No 9 and your starting no 10. GET THE QUALITY signings in
    The same two blokes we are still rumoured to be in the market for ANYWAY.

You do not sign anyone until you have these two key positions filled. Sure get as many triallists into review as you like but do not sign anyone. Stick to signing the best players you can.

Once these are done take stock of whats left in the kitty then go again and look for genuine first teamers. Rinse and repeat until you get to the stage you then need to jam your squad together by offering minimum wage deals to get your numbers up and stay within salary cap and meet all those guidelines

I don't see us signing genuine first teamers.
    Muata Marlow
    Andy Brennan
    Lachlan Jackson
    The Hoff
    Labi
    Poljak

None of them to me are genuine first team players like Leaky G Carney Alivodic Boogaard are.

They may well turn into first teamers due to the lack of quality in our squad that they are first teamer by default and the younger ones may show enough potential to step up.

All I see are panic signings with no apparent thought of a plan in place whether short or long term , they appear to be basically operating on the any holes a goal philosophy and are just filling squad spaces for the sake of it and it is almost like the club have decided to write this season off already by not actually being patient, thrifty, intelligent and wise

They are also pissing away the advantage they have and their position of strength when negotiating with potential players also by acting the way they do

Poljak is a definite first teamer. Agree on the rest of them.

Missed your rants mate, welcome back.

Whats to say these squadies arent being signed on low rates? I'd rather them sign these squadies when they become available and always have the cash in the bank ready to go when the right research has been done on quality foreigners. Then make a big play for them.

Better then rushing in signing a foreigner for big cash and have a bit of cash in the bank ready for a bunch of squaddies that don't exist as everyone has found a home.. Then our main signings get a niggling injury or fatigue and we have absolutely no depth..

Successful clubs do well during the league and make finals because of their depth. Its the 1-0 scrappy wins that get them into the finals. The games where their big names are out but they still get a result. Or scrape a draw on the road. Then come finals time they field their strongest line up who have been managed well throughout the season.

Just my 2 cents. Not saying you are wrong but its probably the way I would work things.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    First up strategy is to sign your quality players FIRST
    Yep.........Quality players will also attract other quality players
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Drogba for example had no interest playing in China until he knew he'd be playing in the same team as Griff.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Yep.........Quality players will also attract other quality players
    I would suggest the best approach is to get the off field aspects sorted. I agree results on the pitch are the end result but I believe these will improve overall if all other outside factors are addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Drogba for example had no interest playing in China until he knew he'd be playing in the same team as Griff.
    And Anelka
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

+1000000

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Whats to say these squadies arent being signed on low rates? I'd rather them sign these squadies when they become available and always have the cash in the bank ready to go when the right research has been done on quality foreigners. Then make a big play for them.

Better then rushing in signing a foreigner for big cash and have a bit of cash in the bank ready for a bunch of squaddies that don't exist as everyone has found a home.. Then our main signings get a niggling injury or fatigue and we have absolutely no depth..

Successful clubs do well during the league and make finals because of their depth. Its the 1-0 scrappy wins that get them into the finals. The games where their big names are out but they still get a result. Or scrape a draw on the road. Then come finals time they field their strongest line up who have been managed well throughout the season.

Just my 2 cents. Not saying you are wrong but its probably the way I would work things.
    Some of the younger ones may well be on low rates, however Hoffman, Labi and Poljak (who I rate as a signing) were under contract and will not have walked for a pay reduction which means they were either offered more money and or similar money on a longer deal. None of these guys would have been on minimum wage at their clubs, therefore the member is bang on the money here. By all means, signing a promising youngster or two if there is competition for the signature quickly, but the likes of Hoffman should not have been signed until the key squad positions were filled and then the club could examine what is left (in the case of Hoffman I wish he was never resigned even if it was on minimum wage).

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    Some of the younger ones may well be on low rates, however Hoffman, Labi and Poljak (who I rate as a signing) were under contract and will not have walked for a pay reduction which means they were either offered more money and or similar money on a longer deal. None of these guys would have been on minimum wage at their clubs, therefore the member is bang on the money here. By all means, signing a promising youngster or two if there is competition for the signature quickly, but the likes of Hoffman should not have been signed until the key squad positions were filled and then the club could examine what is left (in the case of Hoffman I wish he was never resigned even if it was on minimum wage).
    Whats to say Hoffman didn't accept lower wage at his hometown club knowing full well City would not renew his contract and he would be left high and dry? (purely speculation)

Slightly off topic but I wonder how the insane Sydney housing prices would influence their ability to keep or attract players not on the big dollars ?

As such, I wonder if this might actually work in our favour given housing / rental affordability is much better here than in Sydney.

I wouldn't want to be attempting to live a footballers lifestyle in sydney on less than 200k.

He was still under contract at City for next season, nothing to do with maybe not being renewed. He left a one year deal with City for a one year deal here (A place he has repeatedly slated on social media, so the hometown thing surely goes out the window). There is no way in hell he left City for less coin.

Slightly off topic but I wonder how the insane Sydney housing prices would influence their ability to keep or attract players not on the big dollars ?

As such, I wonder if this might actually work in our favour given housing / rental affordability is much better here than in Sydney.

I wouldn't want to be attempting to live a footballers lifestyle in sydney on less than 200k.
    from what i've read, i think a fair few of the young blokes at sydney live together up near macquarie uni. has a little bit going for it that way as there's tons of apartments etc up round that way as compared to your inner cities etc.

would be harder to attract the older blokes with families and so on.

not many of them looking to buy places - like the rest of sydney under 30 years old.

how long until we see an AFL style cost of living allowance rort to benefit the sydney clubs? probably already in the works

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Poljak is a definite first teamer. Agree on the rest of them.

Missed your rants mate, welcome back.
    x2

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post

Firstly why do people have this crazy notion that we need to sign blokes to be squaddies just to sit on the bench or in the stand on game collecting a wage and making up numbers at training?? Surely the idea should be to get as many quality players as you can for the salary cap so Millertime has to make some tough decisions when selecting a match day squad and has to leave capable players out?? Maybe having the need to be good to actually get a game is what we need to be successfulinstead of the usual shit where we pick blokes cause we have no option??

Secondly how many squaddies as you put it do you think we need??

Lundy
    Brennan
    Muata Marlow
    Jackson
    Barressi
    Pavicevic
    Cooper

There is 7 by my counts non proven HAL level players that if released by us bar Mitch Cooper are probably finished at this level. Don't forget you can then throw in the likes of Cowburn and your entire Yoof team to fill in

How many you want cause as far as I am concerned we are currently carrying way too many non starting level players

Then I look at this lot and see some distinct lack of quality from alleged HAL level players
    Boogaard Mullen Birraz BK Kanta LeakyG Alivodic Carney Haliti Hoff Poljak

Now to my way of thinking we need more blokes in the second category and less in the first category. Not only that we need more LeakyG quality players and less Labi and Hoff level players in there.

As for your point about signing squaddies when they are available you do realise they are always available??

We don't get in touch with these lesser lights and throw them a lifeline then who else is??No one
    I am certain they ain't sitting around at home with 20 offers on the table having to pick which one to go for.

We are their best offer as we are their ONLY offer

Yes you are right that championship teams are successful due to their depth. It is though pertinent to note it is the QUALITY of their depth that sees them succeed. A big squad of average players always gets rolled by quality opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Firstly why do people have this crazy notion that we need to sign blokes to be squaddies just to sit on the bench or in the stand on game collecting a wage and making up numbers at training?? Surely the idea should be to get as many quality players as you can for the salary cap so Millertime has to make some tough decisions when selecting a match day squad and has to leave capable players out?? Maybe having the need to be good to actually get a game is what we need to be successfulinstead of the usual shit where we pick blokes cause we have no option??

Secondly how many squaddies as you put it do you think we need??

Lundy
    Brennan
    Muata Marlow
    Jackson
    Barressi
    Pavicevic
    Cooper

There is 7 by my counts non proven HAL level players that if released by us bar Mitch Cooper are probably finished at this level. Don't forget you can then throw in the likes of Cowburn and your entire Yoof team to fill in

How many you want cause as far as I am concerned we are currently carrying way too many non starting level players

Then I look at this lot and see some distinct lack of quality from alleged HAL level players
    Boogaard Mullen Birraz BK Kanta LeakyG Alivodic Carney Haliti Hoff Poljak

Now to my way of thinking we need more blokes in the second category and less in the first category. Not only that we need more LeakyG quality players and less Labi and Hoff level players in there.

As for your point about signing squaddies when they are available you do realise they are always available??

We don't get in touch with these lesser lights and throw them a lifeline then who else is??No one
    I am certain they ain't sitting around at home with 20 offers on the table having to pick which one to go for.

We are their best offer as we are their ONLY offer

Yes you are right that championship teams are successful due to their depth. It is though pertinent to note it is the QUALITY of their depth that sees them succeed. A big squad of average players always gets rolled by quality opposition.
    Yep the Jets should have used the $800K to sign someone like Gallas (on $800K @ Perf) or Berisha (on $800K @ MV) and just left the squad at 14 players.

Quality> Quantity.

Players don't get injured, and our blokes aren't good enough for NT call ups.

Attn: people who have gotten family memberships before.

Does each person get their own membership card, so can enter on their own? Or does the family just get one card and you have to go in together?

I'm looking into a family ticket but would split the cost between me and another family, and wanted to sort out if we can buy one family membership, split the cost between ourselves, but roll up to games completely separately to each other.
    OK

All have individual cards, have done the same as you are planning for the past 3 yrs.