Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ducted air - advice wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Not silly mate. What other insulation are you putting in the house? Where you are living, how cold does it get? Will you have other means of heating such as a gas heater or wood fire?

If you think the house can be "warmed" then great, and it depends on how long you're going to be there. We paid for it because it was already installed and we plan on being there for years and years. But being an old house we don't have wall insulation nor anything in the ceiling or underfloor at this stage.

We mix between the air con and the gas heater depending on the room we are in.
    R2.0 insulation and gas heating, so heating isn't an issue the Air Con is just for cooling in summer.

I'm heading out to Gillieston Heights (AKA Gilligans Island when it rains), so it'll be a little frostier in winter and hotter in summer than my current place near the lake. However my current rental is made from paddle pop sticks and PVC glue so it's gonna be a massive step up without any heating or cooling.

Cheers.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Having ducted on the plans you submit for your DA will impact on your BASIX which could end up costing

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Having ducted on the plans you submit for your DA will impact on your BASIX which could end up costing
    Do you mean if it's on the plans they send to the DA it will increase my BASIX? Because we've taken it off our final quote, which we are going through on Sat, i've just told them i'll put it in once i'm in the house, then i can just use my own guy to install it.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I have multiple split systems in my house - works well and is reasonably efficient.

However, it looks as ugly as a gypos wife / sister from the outside of the house.

If the cost of running and maintaining a ducted system isn't an issue then ducted is very hard to beat.

However, you often find that rather than repair an old ducted system a lot of people just install split systems these days and are more than happy with the results. [ Key word being OLD ducted systems].

The reason being is that the new split systems don't cost as much to run as the older ducted systems did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I have multiple split systems in my house - works well and is reasonably efficient.

However, it looks as ugly as a gypos wife / sister from the outside of the house.

If the cost of running and maintaining a ducted system isn't an issue then ducted is very hard to beat.

However, you often find that rather than repair an old ducted system a lot of people just install split systems these days and are more than happy with the results. [ Key word being OLD ducted systems].

The reason being is that the new split systems don't cost as much to run as the older ducted systems did.
    Cheers.

Sorry for the Thread hijack Gaz.

Now to get SuperDylan to design my pool for me and i'll be set.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Do you mean if it's on the plans they send to the DA it will increase my BASIX? Because we've taken it off our final quote, which we are going through on Sat, i've just told them i'll put it in once i'm in the house, then i can just use my own guy to install it.
    Not sure about increase, as I don't know if BASIX should be high or low.
    All I know is we kept our "cooling" to ceiling fans as if we had ducted on submitted plans we'd have had to increase insulation and the like.

Can also vouch for Tozer & Dakin. We were deciding between Dakin & Actron and from memory the noise and energy efficiency was better on Dakin.

On the tangent comment, we looked at split systems and found that the price difference was negligible and air coverage was not as effective on a split system.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Can also vouch for Tozer & Dakin. We were deciding between Dakin & Actron and from memory the noise and energy efficiency was better on Dakin.
    We found this too and was also a contributor to our decision
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles