Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting With Northern

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Some genuine issues here. I think that Elland has done a bang up job so far and things will only improve in the future.

One question I would have is the cost of coaching education. This needs to reduce. Germany has something like 1 B licence coach for every 200 people of population. Reducing the cost and increasing participation in coaching courses would go along way to increasing the standard.
    Good idea that but just like everything in this country courses are run to make money and be a cash cow for those running it.

Re done First Aid course a couple of months ago. $175 down the drain for something I have done 4 times prior. Basically a rort to make money.

Football coaching should be dirt cheap through subsidies from the FFA etc as the results benefit the entire code yet the governing bodies limit the access to it by having excessive prices and schedules that only the really committed will embrace

"Elland doing a bang up job" - Someone's a comedian!!!

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Maybe after all this "hoohaa" NNSWF still haven't updated their NEWFM scores and ladder from yesterday. Do they really care???????
    Don't waste your time!

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Maybe after all this "hoohaa" NNSWF still haven't updated their NEWFM scores and ladder from yesterday. Do they really care???????
    Don't waste your time!
    Just more evidence for my cause mate. They know they're not doing a good enough job for New-FM. I'll be definitely trying to get a few points over. They obviously care a little or else they wouldn't be open for discussions. I want a federation that give the same amount of care to Magic and Hamilton as they do to you guys at Belswans and clubs like Singleton and Cessnock City.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    "I like the cut of your jib"….young man!

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    "I like the cut of your jib"….young man!
    Me too. Very interesting. Dont discount the fact that amongst zone and junior clubs in this town there are some very experienced administrators and local business people who have a beef with NNSWF and their disdain with how they neglect youth but still get paid for U6s to play football. Seek out the big clubs like Valentine, New Lambton, Warners Bay, your Cooks Hill and even Kotara. Some impressive corporate types there and they might give your passion a professional approach the Mr Eland might sit up straight and show some respect to. All power to you Ty.

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Me too. Very interesting. Dont discount the fact that amongst zone and junior clubs in this town there are some very experienced administrators and local business people who have a beef with NNSWF and their disdain with how they neglect youth but still get paid for U6s to play football. Seek out the big clubs like Valentine, New Lambton, Warners Bay, your Cooks Hill and even Kotara. Some impressive corporate types there and they might give your passion a professional approach the Mr Eland might sit up straight and show some respect to. All power to you Ty.
    Hi King. Already have a few New-FM clubs backing me. I'm on great speaking terms with the higher-ups at a few teams and it only gets better everyweek. I spoke on the phone to a lower-grade coach at a prominent New-FM team for 25 minutes yesterday, talking about what's not being done right for youth football in this region. I spoke briefly with Mr Eland on the phone yesterday to book a meeting (on Friday) and although he didn't say what he wanted to see me for, he didn't sound bitter or anything along those lines by any means. I'm open to any experienced admin types to get in contact and discuss issues with me and I'll be glad to bring them up with Northern.

As for my site, I've got big plans for the off-season and have one or two guys interested in helping me cover the A-League and the EPL. I've even had a media student contact me about the possibility of live-streaming New-FM games (with NNSWF's permission of course) next season. I'm not in this for the money, I'm in this to see Newcastle football and Northern NSW football rise to prominence and see the professionalism of the local game improve as a result. Cheers for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Hi King. Already have a few New-FM clubs backing me. I'm on great speaking terms with the higher-ups at a few teams and it only gets better everyweek. I spoke on the phone to a lower-grade coach at a prominent New-FM team for 25 minutes yesterday, talking about what's not being done right for youth football in this region. I spoke briefly with Mr Eland on the phone yesterday to book a meeting (on Friday) and although he didn't say what he wanted to see me for, he didn't sound bitter or anything along those lines by any means. I'm open to any experienced admin types to get in contact and discuss issues with me and I'll be glad to bring them up with Northern.

As for my site, I've got big plans for the off-season and have one or two guys interested in helping me cover the A-League and the EPL. I've even had a media student contact me about the possibility of live-streaming New-FM games (with NNSWF's permission of course) next season. I'm not in this for the money, I'm in this to see Newcastle football and Northern NSW football rise to prominence and see the professionalism of the local game improve as a result. Cheers for the kind words!
    Not to sound condescending to your NEWFM or NPL counterparts but NNSWF has all of them under their thumb already. The massive junior clubs are a different thing altogether and some of the committees there feature some heavy hitters. You should get feedback from the clubs. That survey they did a couple of years ago touched on a few issues but they were swept under the Eland carpet where they kept the stash of members money that paid the legal bills that kept him in his job a few years ago. Ask him why Newcastle Football and therefore its members footed the legal bills to get his job back. Ask him why families of senior managers all get a free holiday to go to Coffs for nationals. Ask him why one of his senior managers has been giving his kids cash jobs at State League finals and W League games for years. Its a joke. You have a voice. Get some support and use it well.

Haven't really touched base with any junior interdistrict clubs and considering I'm meeting with Northern tomorrow it's too short notice to do that. I'd love to meet more and more keen football minds as there's a lot out there and yes there is indeed much more to local football than the NPL, New-FM and Zone.

Funny enough I've just found goalscorers for nearly every NPL, New-FM and NPL Youth game last week are up on Sportingpulse. Ironic that it was one of my main complaints in my original article last week. Good to see the goalscorers up on the site.

Survived my meeting today! David Eland was great and we discussed a few things. Of course it was mostly facts and figures being chucked at me but it was a positive vibe and it seems like Northern are fully aware that they do need to improve in a few areas. I know it was probably just defending their name and what not but to be honest I'm glad it's done. I'll get back to my normal website work but for those who are keen readers, I wrote an in-depth thought of the meeting and other things below: (P.S, cheers for the support guys)

http://www.newysports.com/2015/07/op...thern-nsw.html

This thread is probably best being closed down.

It was until you commented on it, stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    You really are a nasty Lake Macquarie City woman aren’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Carl is on day release. Leave him be

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Carl is on day release. Leave him be

Does anyone else plan on having a meeting with Northern soon?

CEO David Eland leaves Northern NSW Football after 13 years
    Elands out, now what?

Now where will control of the board rest ? The answer to that will tell you what is ahead.

One of the new board’s goals is to abolish JDL and return to Zone SAP. Could a compromise work? Continue the JDL but then have Zone teams selected to play in the State Championships as in years gone by?

It’s a joke the zones are running the show now, embarrassing actually, interesting times ahead