Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Meeting With Northern

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    It’s funny that Lawrie has been mentioned I saw him at the Jets girls academy trials Vs Sydney Olympic two weekends ago and was wondering what he was doing there as I believe he is involved with the CCM academy or so I’ve heard. But maybe there was another reason!!
    I’m pretty sure Lawrie is the CEO of Sydney Olympic these days

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    I’m pretty sure Lawrie is the CEO of Sydney Olympic these days
    Yep, Lawrie is over at olympic with roy and Haliti.

If I knew how to post a picture I’d show you the text received from Lawrie, he’s very keen for the job

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    If I knew how to post a picture I’d show you the text received from Lawrie, he’s very keen for the job
    A good appointment in your opinion if it goes through FR?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    A good appointment in your opinion if it goes through FR?
    No, he has the football background but I’m looking for someone younger

No, he has the football background but I’m looking for someone younger
    Any potential names you’d care to throw forward?

I got nothing

I got nothing
    It would be hard to find someone with considerable football experience as well as the considerable business management / ceo experience needed to run a large organisation. Unless you have CO-CEOs, then you can have a transfer of knowledge as well. I have seen organisations run like that.

Lawrie put a lot of his own money into the jets, which many people seem to have forgotten when the owner decided to no show on his responsibilities.

How about joel Griffiths

How about joel Griffiths
    Oh my.....this is one of those take the bait moments surely?. Maybe Big Dog or Super Hubert? Whomever it is a Degree in a Business related discipline. Maybe a Masters to warrant a $300k pay packet. Some sport admin experience preferred. Lots of applications if they take the blinkers off. I would suggest complete disconnection with the local area is a good start. No agendas or bias. Its broken. Fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    I would suggest complete disconnection with the local area is a good start. No agendas or bias. Its broken. Fix it.
    I could live with this. Far too many calling the shots who have a vested interest in a certain club.

And lets add in the jets youth. We have another "private academy" crew putting in their mates trying to own the show. There's one thick donut strutting around trying to help run the place who could die from heart failure any minute. ffs role models n all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    I could live with this. Far too many calling the shots who have a vested interest in a certain club.

And lets add in the jets youth. We have another "private academy" crew putting in their mates trying to own the show. There's one thick donut strutting around trying to help run the place who could die from heart failure any minute. ffs role models n all.
    At least they are doing something that has been a dead horse for seasons - and the academy is a not for profit now, while I don't really like paying the money it is at least STAYING IN THE ACADEMY, which it wasn't doing before which is why the girls went under and the boys weren't far behind.

nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    I would suggest complete disconnection with the local area is a good start. No agendas or bias. Its broken. Fix it.
    Didnt the last bloke try and fix the broken system and got rolled by the people who were in his firing line?

You dont need a fancy certificate hanging on your wall to understand self interest is undefeated.

I actually dig your sugestion and optimism, but those others aint giving up their power by choice so good luck to whoever tries to poke that bear again.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Didnt the last bloke try and fix the broken system and got rolled by the people who were in his firing line?

You dont need a fancy certificate hanging on your wall to understand self interest is undefeated.

I actually dig your sugestion and optimism, but those others aint giving up their power by choice so good luck to whoever tries to poke that bear again.
    NO. the last bloke - Eland didn't try and fix it. He broke it,
    Some NNSW TD's tried to make changes and fix it but he blocked them, hence they left.
    The new directors need to do a thorough search for a replacement. Not keep on the football merry go round of ceo's.
    A new candidate with new ideas, start fresh

Anyone see the Linkedin post from Peter Filopoulos, from Football Australia and former CEO Football Victoria, and his tips on getting a career in football admin management...might help someone here get the top job for NNSW

Tip 1 was get a MBA in sports management, 2nd step was volunteer at your local club

MBA seems a big investment to get a volunteer role �� but there you go, there's the pathway...

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Anyone see the Linkedin post from Peter Filopoulos, from Football Australia and former CEO Football Victoria, and his tips on getting a career in football admin management...might help someone here get the top job for NNSW

Tip 1 was get a MBA in sports management, 2nd step was volunteer at your local club

MBA seems a big investment to get a volunteer role �� but there you go, there's the pathway...
    wouldn't you do it the other way around???

dont have to pay back your hecs debt if you dont have job....
    Last edited by Nou Camp; 06-03-2023 at 03:27 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    wouldn't you do it the other way around???
    100% you would

sounds like a sales pitch again

What makes it even more ironic, he doesn't have an MBA in sports management...he's got an accountancy qualification (Bachelor of Business - major in accountancy)

But you know, he has been CEO of Perth Glory, Football Vic, South Melbourne FC and a bunch of board positions for other sports...so who am I to 2nd guess his suggested order of things 😂