Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Meeting With Northern

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    This is where we get into the quality vs quantity debate.
    Is JDL a development league or an elite pathway?
    If it’s an elite pathway - 1 team.
    If it’s a development league - 2 teams.
    Its was slated as a development league which also includes the elite kids. But the costs ensure that not all kids are eligible. That means we have kids who are way out of their league even by 11s and 12s who cant compete. This has created a lopsided competition.

"Oh and lets just keep blaming and kicking clubs who are always on the bottom. Bad luck ay, as long as your club is winning. That hero mentality of elite clubs is a disease for football" which is fairly common here. For mine, we need more stronger clubs as this increases the development of all players more of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    Its was slated as a development league which also includes the elite kids. But the costs ensure that not all kids are eligible. That means we have kids who are way out of their league even by 11s and 12s who cant compete. This has created a lopsided competition.

"Oh and lets just keep blaming and kicking clubs who are always on the bottom. Bad luck ay, as long as your club is winning. That hero mentality of elite clubs is a disease for football" which is fairly common here. For mine, we need more stronger clubs as this increases the development of all players more of the time.
    I’m not really sure what your point is or if you’re offering any solutions or what your position is on anything tbh.

I think everyone wants more, strong clubs and as you say that leads to better competition and better development.
    But how do we achieve that?
    You say there’s a blaming or kicking bottom teams mindset, but what’s the alternative? Weaken the stronger clubs? Why should they be weakened or victim of their success?
    If little Johnny has the option of playing for club a who has a good rep and good results vs club b who is not as successful or good rep. Who does Johnny play for to become a better footballer and develop?

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    That is the stupidest retort ive read on here. A thinly veiled strawman for a common sense approach. You shouldnt be around junior footy period.
    Personally I don't think you should be around anything that involves children if that's your opinion of forcing kids to only play at certain clubs based on the suburb they live in, how's that for not understanding how privilege works - you are saying that I have to buy a million dollar house in Lambton to play in Lambton when I can buy much cheaper somewhere else and then still afford for my kid to play for, wait for it. Lambton. :P literally makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Personally I don't think you should be around anything that involves children if that's your opinion of forcing kids to only play at certain clubs based on the suburb they live in, how's that for not understanding how privilege works - you are saying that I have to buy a million dollar house in Lambton to play in Lambton when I can buy much cheaper somewhere else and then still afford for my kid to play for, wait for it. Lambton. :P literally makes no sense.
    Good analogy but Lambton only buy other players or cash in on retired A League players. No demographic or long term plans there aside from cash and buy.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    you are a weirdo. That is a perfectly decent model. Are you retarded? because I dont want to upset your family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Good analogy but Lambton only buy other players or cash in on retired A League players. No demographic or long term plans there aside from cash and buy.
    You are most welcome to change the team - Magic are in the same relevant area and do have a youth setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    you are a weirdo. That is a perfectly decent model. Are you retarded? because I dont want to upset your family.
    So where do all the kids that don't live near an NPL team go? what they just aren't allowed to play football now because they don't live on top of a team? How do you make the next Socceroos if kids aren't allowed to move to gain better experience. If a kid is willing to drive to Sydney to play football instead of the rugby version that goes on up here, why shouldn't they be allowed to? So all those kids in the jets should be forced back to play for their local club? The kids getting the better experience in NPL1 at the mariners? Sorry that's out of area. I actually wonder if you have a kid in the system at all with such a lack of understanding of how development works. You find the best that you can and you play with and against them. You keep doing that until you hit a ceiling - If you don't hit the ceiling then you'll probably represent the country one day. You can't do that being forced to play at a club just because you happen to live near it.

Lawrie McKinna been offered Elands job

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    no lessons learnt
    we continue to f... up football in NNSW.
    LM, completely rooted up CCM and NJ, so yes he is a perfect candidate

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    no lessons learnt
    we continue to f... up football in NNSW.
    LM, completely rooted up CCM and NJ, so yes he is a perfect candidate
    What a load of nonsense. Until Martin Lee cut off the funds to support the club and effectively ended any chance of sustainability. The Jets were probably the best run club in the A-league and had completely captured the imagination of the Newcastle public. This was under Lawries watch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I was under the impression they would do EOI and review the applications.
    I also heard on the weekend they were targeting Robbie Middleby

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    What a load of nonsense. Until Martin Lee cut off the funds to support the club and effectively ended any chance of sustainability. The Jets were probably the best run club in the A-league and had completely captured the imagination of the Newcastle public. This was under Lawries watch as well.
    BEST RUN CLUB
    hilarious, 5 supporters in the grandstand each week, no community involvement, zero to 1 local player, and license revoked how many time?
    so explain when has the jets been the best run club, delusional

BEST RUN CLUB
    hilarious, 5 supporters in the grandstand each week, no community involvement, zero to 1 local player, and license revoked how many time?
    so explain when has the jets been the best run club, delusional
    You’re kidding right? You must have a short term memory because the year we hosted the grand final the club was doing brilliantly on and off the park. Crowds were up, jets jerseys were being worn by youngsters all over town. It’s just a shame that Covid hit when it did and our Chinese owner had to massively reduce the funding he was providing the club.

You’re kidding right? You must have a short term memory because the year we hosted the grand final the club was doing brilliantly on and off the park. Crowds were up, jets jerseys were being worn by youngsters all over town. It’s just a shame that Covid hit when it did and our Chinese owner had to massively reduce the funding he was providing the club.
    THAT YEAR ....... remember! ........lol

keep your dream alive Zonal, we all love the enthusiasm
    maybe GVE to take over Elands job, he has taken over the jets 6 times, why not

THAT YEAR ....... remember! ........lol

keep your dream alive Zonal, we all love the enthusiasm
    maybe GVE to take over Elands job, he has taken over the jets 6 times, why not
    You’re obviously a very pessimistic person. It’s a shame you appear to be stuck in a negative mindset but when others are looking to support positive change please don’t try and drag them down to your level.

It’s funny that Lawrie has been mentioned I saw him at the Jets girls academy trials Vs Sydney Olympic two weekends ago and was wondering what he was doing there as I believe he is involved with the CCM academy or so I’ve heard. But maybe there was another reason!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I’m not really sure what your point is or if you’re offering any solutions or what your position is on anything tbh.

I think everyone wants more, strong clubs and as you say that leads to better competition and better development.
    But how do we achieve that?
    You say there’s a blaming or kicking bottom teams mindset, but what’s the alternative? Weaken the stronger clubs? Why should they be weakened or victim of their success?
    If little Johnny has the option of playing for club a who has a good rep and good results vs club b who is not as successful or good rep. Who does Johnny play for to become a better footballer and develop?
    Are you 16? If you dont understand sound sports management you also need to grow up. Reread previous info. Retyping for you lot is laborious.

Weve been struggling ever since that happened.

As for NNSW, Im not sure if anything has been achieved. Zones are running the show.
    NNSW raking in the $$$. No football infrastructure being developed. We still havent fixed the cost for forplaying at all youth levels. yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Weve been struggling ever since that happened.
    I agree. It’s such a shame we couldn’t maintain the former owners steady financial investment that we were receiving back then. I feel until China cut ties we had the right people in place in the operations & management positions to take the club forward. Of course it went south after that but it was only going one way after the O/S funding dried up.

Peter Haynes is the interim CEO