Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets touring and doing nice things

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar

Jets touring and doing nice things

Hey Gaz, how was the community shiz they did at your school today? Also they got your name wrong again in the article homez, get that sorted

Edit: whoops on Monday not today
    Last edited by la bazzle; 29-07-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Was pretty good. Low key, no fan fare, just knocked on my classroom door halfwaty through the second last lesson of the day for a bit of QnA with the kids.
    then hung around for most of the last lesson signing autographs, sjking hands, taking selfies and kissing babies.

Kids are still buzzing about it, and at training last night with the club I coach for the parents were jsut as excited by the visit as the kids were.

Lots were talking about making a better effort to get down to games more regulalry as a result.

Story was a full back page in local rag today too...... though not much happens in sleepy ol' Wingham so its not hard.

Great impact for 90minutes of smiles and hand shakes.

Ki Je and Kanta were great with the kids and Mitchell "straight shooter" Murphy and Scott Miller were brilliant also, incredibly humble and approachable.

Some the kids who get to games a bit were nearly wetting themselves and hyperventilating. was pretty cool to see.

in short: Massive impact from such a simple gesture.

http://www.winghamchronicle.com.au/s...gavin/?cs=1677

the photo gallery from the manning river times seems to be busted.....
    http://www.winghamchronicle.com.au/s...hotos/?cs=1677
    Last edited by GazFish35; 29-07-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Was pretty good. Low key, no fan fare, just knocked on my classroom door halfwaty through the second last lesson of the day for a bit of QnA with the kids.
    then hung around for most of the last lesson signing autographs, sjking hands, taking selfies and kissing babies.

Kids are still buzzing about it, and at training last night with the club I coach for the parents were jsut as excited by the visit as the kids were.

Lots were talking about making a better effort to get down to games more regulalry as a result.

Story was a full back page in local rag today too...... though not much happens in sleepy ol' Wingham so its not hard.

Ki Je and Kanta were great with the kids and Mitchell "straight shooter" Murphy and Scott Miller were brilliant also, incredibly humble and approachable.

Some the kids who get to games a bit were nearly wetting themselves and hyperventilating. was pretty cool to see.

This is fantastic.
    Well in to the club.
    Hopefully there are many more events like this.

Quality stuff. The blog things they're doing aren't a bad idea at all. Nice one Jetties

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Haha, old mate rocking the ruggers 12 months a year.
    School kids are bulletproof.
    Shitcatchers are for nerdz.

Real PE teachers wear shorts.

Real PE teachers wear shorts.
    Wait, what?
    Is that you?
    I thought it was just some manchild that always got picked first for everything.

More news from the tour...

http://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/st...-stars/?cs=472

Five McDonald’s Northern Inland Premier League players will be mixing with some of football’s best when they run on field with the Newcastle Jets A-league team on Friday.

South Armidale’s Cody Watts and Navid Aminian, Demon Knights’ Callan MacGregor, East Armidale’s Hoani Morell and North Armidale Declan Druitt will line up alongside the Jets during their training match this Friday night at Consett Davis Fields at SportUNE.

Entry is free and open to the whole community and barbecue catering will be available, with the game kicking off at 6pm. The training match is part of the Newcastle Jets High Performance Training Camp taking place in Armidale from today until August 1.

“The boys are looking forward to testing their abilities with A-league players and the match officials are excited about the opportunity provided to them,” Director of UNE Life Dave Schmude said.

It has also been confirmed that Travis Heffernan will referee the game. Heffernan is a UNE student and number one ranked referee in the Premier League.

“We will be delighted to welcome Cody, Callan, Hoani, Declan and Navid into our team’s inner sanctum as honorary Jets players on Friday night,” Newcastle Jets head coach Scott Miller said.

“We trust that the opportunity to warm up with our players as well as play in our training match will be a highlight for the players themselves, their families and friends, as well as the local Armidale community.”

Morell, a UNE Education student, is thrilled to be running on field with a team of this calibre.

“I just can’t wait and I’m very grateful to SportUNE and the Armidale Council for having the foresight to bring an A-league team to Armidale,” he said.

The Jets arrive in Armidale today and will be officially welcomed tonight with a dinner at the Armidale City Bowling Club.

The A-League club will hold a junior coaching clinic tomorrow from 4pm to 5.30pm before the training match at 6pm.

This is what it's all about "connecting" with the region it represents and forming relationships with not only potential supporters but kids who want to aspire to play for the club. Whoever at the club came up with this idea of touring the long neglected regional NNSW deserves a huge pat on the back.

now if they could just win some games so people in newcastle could like them

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    now if they could just win some games so people in newcastle could like them

Good to have them visiting kids etc though

Long overdue in my area, not sure how much they do in Newie. Players that are out with injuries should be doing this during the season too for the odd weekend here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Wait, what?
    Is that you?
    I thought it was just some manchild that always got picked first for everything.
    I am a manchild who get spicked fro everything.... I'm also a short wearing PE teacher

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post

Good to have them visiting kids etc though

Long overdue in my area, not sure how much they do in Newie. Players that are out with injuries should be doing this during the season too for the odd weekend here or there.
    The members sub-committee have suggested players injured or not in the match-day squad sit out the front and sign autographs from time-to-time and the club are considering this, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I am a manchild who get spicked fro everything.... I'm also a short wearing PE teacher
    gotta say, my guess at what you looked like wasn't that far off.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Be nice if they could do this when sign ups are on at he beginning of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Be nice if they could do this when sign ups are on at he beginning of next season.
    For juniors, Hawk?

Would you like me to take that to them at the next committee meeting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    For juniors, Hawk?

Would you like me to take that to them at the next committee meeting?
    Yep. Stir the regions juniors up with players visits, handouts etc around registration time. Might increase market share

You're right Hawk.
    My club up hearing are making the same noises.

It'll be raised no doubt.