Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Player movements

Pleaaaaassssse .... you sign for a club, you stay with the club, so Read left Maitland because his work is closer to Adamstown ? 25 minute drive please, it is nothing but disloyal and goes on at every club.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Pleaaaaassssse .... you sign for a club, you stay with the club, so Read left Maitland because his work is closer to Adamstown ? 25 minute drive please, it is nothing but disloyal and goes on at every club.
    Did he sign anything or was it just an agreement. My understanding is that players can't be registered yet so what did he sign?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

The only thing an amateur player can sign is a player/club agreement which basically outlines club rules and regs, stateing the player must attend training g wear club uniform etc etc, most clubs have these, being registered makes no difference either as an amateur can come and go as they please, the only way to tie a player to a club is to lodge a professional contract with nnswf, this then becomes an expensive exercise as the said player must be on a minimum wage as per A League regulations,

At the end of the day players come and go at every club, its better for him to leave now then early next year so piggot has time to find a replacement.
    we dont know his situation.
    even at magic next year i expect a couple to leave early on who are not playing regular football, its a long year to train 3 nights a week plus game day 8 months of the year to only play 18 games.
    you have to be happy where ever you are..

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    The only thing an amateur player can sign is a player/club agreement which basically outlines club rules and regs, stateing the player must attend training g wear club uniform etc etc, most clubs have these, being registered makes no difference either as an amateur can come and go as they please, the only way to tie a player to a club is to lodge a professional contract with nnswf, this then becomes an expensive exercise as the said player must be on a minimum wage as per A League regulations,
    Like Esala Masi all them years ago

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Not sure how you see this disloyal, players circumstances change, family, work etc etc, after all it is only an amateur competition
    Isn't it a semi-pro competition? Some players are being paid to play.

All registered as amateurs

Though in reality some are semi-pro, but fair enough.

Seems a bit quiet on the transfer front

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    I'm intrigued, who are you referring to? Not Smithy surely!Gotta be someone else although I'd love to know who will provide these defense splitting services.
    Any news up at azzurri Tonester. Has birdy settled in with Josh Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Any news up at azzurri Tonester. Has birdy settled in with Josh Maguire
    You must know something I don't,spoke to Birdy on Sunday and he gave me the impression that he was going to be playing at Olympic next year. He's known for keeping his cards close to his chest so I may have misinterpreted.

I heard that Bird signed with Olympic over the weekend just gone

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    I heard that Bird signed with Olympic over the weekend just gone
    On the newy herald online site that he has joined Olympic

Big signing for magic,

Shane paul has come back to play after a couple seasons away.
    Shaping up well with a lot of competition for spots.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Big signing for magic,

Shane paul has come back to play after a couple seasons away.
    Shaping up well with a lot of competition for spots.
    Olympic and Magic investing good money in trying to get the title this year. Good on them i reckon. Wouldn't want to pay the wage bill though.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Olympic and Magic investing good money in trying to get the title this year. Good on them i reckon. Wouldn't want to pay the wage bill though.
    Both have recruited well. Magic with Jarryd Johnson and Shane Paul and Olympic with Leo Bertos and Daniel Bird. Not hearing much from out of the Jaffas. Has sneddo stopped kicking the tin or can Tanch not attract players?

Both have recruited well. Magic with Jarryd Johnson and Shane Paul and Olympic with Leo Bertos and Daniel Bird. Not hearing much from out of the Jaffas. Has sneddo stopped kicking the tin or can Tanch not attract players?
    Or maybe they're happy with the squad they had last year and don't see the need for a lot of new players?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Or maybe they're happy with the squad they had last year and don't see the need for a lot of new players?
    Probably don't have the room under the points cap anyway even if they want fresh blood

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Probably don't have the room under the points cap anyway even if they want fresh blood
    The dreaded points system. Didn't think of that one MFKS

The dreaded points system. Didn't think of that one MFKS
    The points system has had about zilch impact on teams buying in players and building their squads. I feel like the points system is just a feelgood gimmick by Northern. About time they just get rid of it and the controversy that surrounds it.