Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Player movements

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    It is prycey's job as head coach to be recruiting and retaining players for the club. No disrespect to his coaching ability but in the space of 10 months he has lost Goodchild,Bird and Witherdin. Arguably 2 of their best players and who has he been able to recruit
    This coach stood up in front of all youth at CCB youth preso and committed to recruiting quality players to ensure the clubs success
    He commented that 2015 made them as seniors realise that the youth relied on the performance of first grade and confirmed that CCB had some quality youth that the club needed to develop
    All positive stuff but seems to be all talk ????
    Which is what I suspected at the time but I know of players who stayed based on this churchillian speech and the speech of the one who eyes off the presidency !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Plenty of talented youth coming through, and have joined the club, no need to sign 11 superstars, but you never know may be one or two experienced players will be added up on the hill.
    Mate the talented youth you speak about is a few years of first grade...... This years 17's didn't offer to much but there are a few from this years 15's that will develop in the coming years but only two of those have made 19's ........but watch the 15yo mid fielder he can play !!!!

But they will take time.........something CCB may not have

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    If a certain someone has a quick recovery, gets in a half decent preseason and gets decent service he'll score goals.
    I'm intrigued, who are you referring to? Not Smithy surely!Gotta be someone else although I'd love to know who will provide these defense splitting services.

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    This coach stood up in front of all youth at CCB youth preso and committed to recruiting quality players to ensure the clubs success
    He commented that 2015 made them as seniors realise that the youth relied on the performance of first grade and confirmed that CCB had some quality youth that the club needed to develop
    All positive stuff but seems to be all talk ????
    Which is what I suspected at the time but I know of players who stayed based on this churchillian speech and the speech of the one who eyes off the presidency !!!!
    What else are they gonna say? Look everyone, chances of you making 1st grade are incredibly low, and we really rely on the expensive fees we charge to pad the pockets of the 1st grade.

Disclaimer: not that people do that, just used it as an example.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    What else are they gonna say? Look everyone, chances of you making 1st grade are incredibly low, and we really rely on the expensive fees we charge to pad the pockets of the 1st grade.

Disclaimer: not that people do that, just used it as an example.
    You have misunderstood,the speech wasn't necessarily about promising youth first grade spots but more about how the club had a scare this year and they realised that they had to recruit to be stronger and stay in NPL

Something it seems they have not done

Considering the line of current posts can anyone put forward a case for another team to be favorites to face the drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Considering the line of current posts can anyone put forward a case for another team to be favorites to face the drop?
    I think Valentine will go down. They just won't have the depth to cope if a few injuries happened.

Where's Jason Korotich gone?

Quote Originally Posted by spamg172 View Post
    Where's Jason Korotich gone?
    Herd his knees are stuffed

Possibly not the right thread, but draft draws have been released by Northern for 2016, anyone know if you can get a copy at the moment?

Are charlestown showing their desperation in signing josh maguire for next season. I still remember seeing him take his bat and ball and walk out on the team after being dropped to the bench 2 years ago. Do they honestly think anything will change this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Are charlestown showing their desperation in signing josh maguire for next season. I still remember seeing him take his bat and ball and walk out on the team after being dropped to the bench 2 years ago. Do they honestly think anything will change this time around.
    Signing him would be just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Signing him would be just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    Why is that, im sure he will do a job, at a guess, most of squad, tull, smith, hughes, ferguson, maguire etc would be late 20s, early 30s so need to start blooding some U22 and get some depth involved, which i do believe Prycey is all about...

Why is that, im sure he will do a job, at a guess, most of squad, tull, smith, hughes, ferguson, maguire etc would be late 20s, early 30s so need to start blooding some U22 and get some depth involved, which i do believe Prycey is all about...
    The guy was made captain of the side, offered little by way of performance, carried on a treat in regard to his own situation re his contract being upgraded to match Troy Hearfield played like a loser then walks out on his team(most of which are still there)20 minutes before kickoff.I can only imagine what the rest of the guys must be thinking!

The guy was made captain of the side, offered little by way of performance, carried on a treat in regard to his own situation re his contract being upgraded to match Troy Hearfield played like a loser then walks out on his team(most of which are still there)20 minutes before kickoff.I can only imagine what the rest of the guys must be thinking!
    People change, happy to see him at the club

People change, happy to see him at the club
    Hope he meets your expectations and contributes to a successful season.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/35...-weston/?cs=12

The only question left is how did weston get it so wrong in sacking Piggot? Couldn't of been disliked by the players that much....

All the best to carl, hes said no to big money spending clubs for years and years. Needs to be a royal commission into how it got to this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Goweston View Post
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/35...-weston/?cs=12

The only question left is how did weston get it so wrong in sacking Piggot? Couldn't of been disliked by the players that much....

All the best to carl, hes said no to big money spending clubs for years and years. Needs to be a royal commission into how it got to this stage.
    Only players that had a problem with Piggo were the ones he was gunna turf. Carl was working for Piggo, not sure if this is still the case.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Only players that had a problem with Piggo were the ones he was gunna turf. Carl was working for Piggo, not sure if this is still the case.
    Carl and Liam almost joined the pies last year.
    Only player that had issues with Piggo was Turnbull
    Last edited by Newy; 18-11-2015 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    Carl and Liam almost joined the pies last year.
    Only player that had issues with Piggo was Turnbull
    This was my understanding as well, will need a big year from Robbie to make up for loosing these boys....