Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Player movements

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Not southy thou
    What a dumb ****

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    If zico is bagging lakes they must have tried to sign a magic player and offered them more than magic did
    No not all but hearing the silly figures being thrown around makes you shake your head.

How much is a silly figure in NewFM, $400 per game or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    How much is a silly figure in NewFM, $400 per game or more.
    for per game that would be high for the NLP. That's insane for NEW FM IMO

I don't know what silly means just asking. You will find that the better players in NewFM are getting paid the same or more likely higher than NPL players I have no idea who gets paid what just trying to find out what sort of money is getting thrown around it might be $250 a win, would be interesting. Lakes do have a record for paying massive money $400 or more would not surprise.

There were definitely players getting around $400 a game this year in NewFM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    There were definitely players getting around $400 a game this year in NewFM.
    thats disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    thats disgusting
    coming from someone who represents a club that did it when they were in newfm and still throwing around ridiculous money in npl.

^^^^
    Shame more clubs in this region don't follow Edgey's example and put more faith in youth instead of throwing money at players who generally are on the back end of their careers. How are we going to develop young players in this region if we hold them back in 22's for 2,3 even 4 years (yes this is happening) instead of playing them in First Grade to make them better players for the future???

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    ^^^^
    Shame more clubs in this region don't follow Edgey's example and put more faith in youth instead of throwing money at players who generally are on the back end of their careers. How are we going to develop young players in this region if we hold them back in 22's for 2,3 even 4 years (yes this is happening) instead of playing them in First Grade to make them better players for the future???
    I dont think the NPL is an old comp by any means. Olympic are relatively youngish, edgy are young, jaffers are on the older side possibly, magic middles aged with a couple of older heads etc. I think the comp is at a good age, mostly around the middle aged.

At the end of the day the newcastle NPL is not a feeder ground for 18-22 years to crack it to the next level. If they are going to make it to the next they will almost be in the jets youth system or better. If a young player is 19 and not at a jet youth or better, than unfortunately they better start thinking of life after football. I'm talking strictly probability, sure there might be the odd player that slips through the cracks, but it won't happen often.

There is heaps of 16-20 yo in the comp that have slipped through the jets system, NPL and Newfm.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    There is heaps of 16-20 yo in the comp that have slipped through the jets system, NPL and Newfm.
    I dont disagree. the selection of talent is opinion.

What i am getting it is, the players that slip through cracks rarely end up playing at the next level.

^^^^
    are you for real, Edgy for years used $$$$ for players, its only last year and this year that they went with a youth policy....

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    are you for real, Edgy for years used $$$$ for players, its only last year and this year that they went with a youth policy....
    They have spent plenty this year too, just happens to be on some younger blokes.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    I dont think the NPL is an old comp by any means. Olympic are relatively youngish, edgy are young, jaffers are on the older side possibly, magic middles aged with a couple of older heads etc. I think the comp is at a good age, mostly around the middle aged.

At the end of the day the newcastle NPL is not a feeder ground for 18-22 years to crack it to the next level. If they are going to make it to the next they will almost be in the jets youth system or better. If a young player is 19 and not at a jet youth or better, than unfortunately they better start thinking of life after football. I'm talking strictly probability, sure there might be the odd player that slips through the cracks, but it won't happen often.
    Missed the whole point mate, seems to be a trend of clubs throwing money at proven, experienced players at this level rather than taking a punt with a young player. What sort of a competition are we going to have in say 5 years time if our best 18,19 year olds are not blooded into 1st grade and are just left to stagnate in 22's year after year?

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Not talking about what Edgy done in the past, talking about their success under Zane this season using youth. Likes of Bice and Pasquale have virtually come from playing 19's only last year and now getting regular game time in 1st grade at Edgy. Other clubs get players who have come through the Emerging Jets program but I know of a few who a couple years later are still playing 22's. People can say what they like but there are some NPL clubs which are just plain "lazy" when it comes to developing players and getting the best out of them so they can become 1st grade players....easier to just go and throw some money at a experienced "name" player at another club!

Thoughts on NewFM clubs chucking "decent" money at these 18, 19, 20 year olds stuck in NPL 22s to come play First Grade in NewFM?

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Thoughts on NewFM clubs chucking "decent" money at these 18, 19, 20 year olds stuck in NPL 22s to come play First Grade in NewFM?
    What have you heard?
    Just last weekend a Dad whose son played mainly 19's, fringe 22's with a NPL club said a NEWFM club had offered his son $50 a game to come play with them.

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Good for a second income at there age to help with uni etc
    Novocastria Youth

Not talking about what Edgy done in the past, talking about their success under Zane this season using youth. Likes of Bice and Pasquale have virtually come from playing 19's only last year and now getting regular game time in 1st grade at Edgy. Other clubs get players who have come through the Emerging Jets program but I know of a few who a couple years later are still playing 22's. People can say what they like but there are some NPL clubs which are just plain "lazy" when it comes to developing players and getting the best out of them so they can become 1st grade players....easier to just go and throw some money at a experienced "name" player at another club!
    Edgeworth never gave a shite about development until the NPL, they then employed Jim foley so all his followers would come to edgy, now claiming to be a club that develops is laughable I'm afraid,