Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: we're gonna win the league

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I thought we looked better with Brown central and Ugarkovic wide when compared to Brown wide and Ugarkovic central. In saying that, Ugarkovic central with Kanta is the best pairing we have and we immeditely looked stronger when he returned there.

The return of Georgievski this week (hopefully), will return the balance to that side of the pitch. Having seen a few options there the last few weeks (Hoffman, Brown, Ugarkovic and a Shabow cameo), Hoff is who I'd be going with.
    Better doesnt mean good. Time for Merrick to take a risk and play either Clut Kosta or Shabow wide if Hoffy is going to be on the bench
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Better doesnt mean good. Time for Merrick to take a risk and play either Clut Kosta or Shabow wide if Hoffy is going to be on the bench
    Do you think Kosta was as effective as Hoffman on Saturday? They had similar time to make an impact.

Personally, I think Hoffman provided a greater threat. And particularly on Friday I think he's the option to cover Raul Llorente, who had a great game against us earlier in the year, because of his hard work at both ends of the field.

Your option depends on the type of tactics you're looking to employ. Playing Clut or Shabow means you're looking, primarily, to put someone in there with Dimi and try reduce the man-marking. Like we've done the last 3 weeks. Hoffman and K Petratos would, I suggest, employ tactics to use the width of the pitch and get in behind their defence.

By the way - this isn't a criticism, Stanny, it's a good debate and isn't aimed at you directly - you just happen to be the person who has raised the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Do you think Kosta was as effective as Hoffman on Saturday? They had similar time to make an impact.

Personally, I think Hoffman provided a greater threat. And particularly on Friday I think he's the option to cover Raul Llorente, who had a great game against us earlier in the year, because of his hard work at both ends of the field.

Your option depends on the type of tactics you're looking to employ. Playing Clut or Shabow means you're looking, primarily, to put someone in there with Dimi and try reduce the man-marking. Like we've done the last 3 weeks. Hoffman and K Petratos would, I suggest, employ tactics to use the width of the pitch and get in behind their defence.

By the way - this isn't a criticism, Stanny, it's a good debate and isn't aimed at you directly - you just happen to be the person who has raised the point.
    Well we had Hoffy on the bench but Merrick put Ugar out wide and Brown offers nothing to the team from what I see on the pitch. So unless its Hoffy then one of those young 3 has to play there. Maybe Clut or Shabow Middle and Dimi back out wide
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Well we had Hoffy on the bench but Merrick put Ugar out wide and Brown offers nothing to the team from what I see on the pitch. So unless its Hoffy then one of those young 3 has to play there. Maybe Clut or Shabow Middle and Dimi back out wide
    Temporarily dimi out wide might be a good thing, gives him more space

Important to note Kanta wasn't quite the same this week with those changes.

Banned
    Get on board

Going to be a sell out at the GF

Discrace we are not playing Smurfs at home on the 3rd. Can we move it....we coulda got 20,000.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Discrace we are not playing Smurfs at home on the 3rd. Can we move it....we coulda got 20,000.
    It's ok

We will get 30k when we host them in the GF

Just putting it out there that we're unlikely to be premiers.

Banned
    That 45 mins showed that we can win this comp

Forget what happens now

We didn't take our chances

But we are in this up to our nuts

We hit form in April/May then we have the knockout blows to **** the Blue Aids up

Forza Newy

Banned
    Name on the trophy

Tonight showed that we can fashion a win even when playing like shite. Good sign but we should be putting teams like CCM to the sword

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Tonight showed that we can fashion a win even when playing like shite. Good sign but we should be putting teams like CCM to the sword
    They always lift when they come up here. I would have taken any win at the start of the game.

The A-league Live app has a pathetic article saying we basically robbed the Mariners of a win. Yeah they had some good chances but they didn’t take them. We had some chances at the end and we took them. We had more shots, equal possession, more corners. The game goes for 90 minutes, a performance shouldn’t be based on just the first hour.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    They always lift when they come up here. I would have taken any win at the start of the game.

The A-league Live app has a pathetic article saying we basically robbed the Mariners of a win. Yeah they had some good chances but they didn’t take them. We had some chances at the end and we took them. We had more shots, equal possession, more corners. The game goes for 90 minutes, a performance shouldn’t be based on just the first hour.
    Games about taking your chances

We didn't create a lot

But when we did

We took them

Appiah and Powell missed how many??

I called it to person I was sitting with in the first half they butchering chances we just need to take one when it comes

3rd of a stretch of 5 big games this weekend.

Without wanting to get too far ahead, Thursday's clash with City is clearly looming as a 6 pointer regardless of City's result. A win won't cement our 2nd spot, but it will provide a massive buffer. In the same token, 7 points clear means we can afford a slip up. We will have an extra day on them as well (5 days compared to their 4) but that shouldn't be a factor. A tough game against Adelaide who will be looking to keep in touch with them could prove interesting.

Backing up against Victory the following Saturday and claiming a win against another 2nd place contender must be on the cards because after that we have a 2 week break.

An interesting part of the draw is that the week before each of the 2 breaks we get coming up we place Victory and Sydney respectively - meaning we can go hard knowing we have 2 weeks for recovery.

Also, after the Victory game on 3rd February (Rd 19), we don't see the Jets play at home again until 3rd March (sydney Rd 22) and then again until 1st April (Round 25 v City)!
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 18-01-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    All aboard

Plastics welcome

Get on the bandwagon now

Blue Aids have nothing

63 days to the party starts

played GF today. damn it

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    played GF today. damn it
    peaked too early.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

theres only one more match we need to win this year. dont care what else happens.

save Vargas and Pato for the big one. They'll fill the holes left by Nabbout.

and we still have Hoff.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    theres only one more match we need to win this year. dont care what else happens.

save Vargas and Pato for the big one. They'll fill the holes left by Nabbout.

and we still have Hoff.
    Incorrect

Two

The one in 63 days time and the one at Shittoungue to get the trifecta on those cunce