Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 02 | Newcastle Jets vs Sydney FC | Saturday 18/10/15 ko 515pm

Quote Originally Posted by Liam26 View Post
    See I thought we had moved on from that! In the FFA cup game we NEVER did that. We passed around the back for sure but I don't think we even once passed all the way back to Birraz and it for the most part worked. so I don't know why they have reverted back to it.
    In my view, we are doing it more selectively now. Not every time we have possession, as had been the case.

I don't mind it, especially while all the moving parts up-front are gelling.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    We were horrible when we had to make the play. There's a serious gap between midfield and attack and Leonardo had nothing to work with.

We do look good on the counter but we have to improve when we're in possession.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I don't usually like to get in to the BK vs Birraz stuff.. I don't think BK is to blame for the goal though.. Poor bloke wouldn't have been able to see a thing with the amount of people in front of him when it was headed..
    As others have said, its more a question of where were the two guys on the sticks..
    I guess the counter to that is unless the coach specifically instructed players to not guard the posts then it should be on the keeper to organise that.
    If that was BKs job then he failed and should cop the blame.
    If it was the coach then he should wear some of it too.

If anyone watches the replay can you confirm if we guarded the posts while Biraz was in goals?

I don't usually like to get in to the BK vs Birraz stuff.. I don't think BK is to blame for the goal though.. Poor bloke wouldn't have been able to see a thing with the amount of people in front of him when it was headed..
    As others have said, its more a question of where were the two guys on the sticks..
    100% agree

That of course all depends on the new owner keeping Miller on.
    Very true. Hopefully he has impressed sufficiently to keep his job.

See I thought we had moved on from that! In the FFA cup game we NEVER did that. We passed around the back for sure but I don't think we even once passed all the way back to Birraz and it for the most part worked. so I don't know why they have reverted back to it.
    We did once that I can recall and it wasn't until the second half because I specifically commented to Pv4 about it. But yes, it's been occurring a lot more since the FFA cup match
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    We were horrible when we had to make the play. There's a serious gap between midfield and attack and Leonardo had nothing to work with.

We do look good on the counter but we have to improve when we're in possession.
    Spot on
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I definitely think there are a lot more positives than negatives so far which is something i haven't felt about our team for a few years now.
    The defence in particular, we look like a team that is really difficult to break down. It had to be the priority to fix and Miller seems like he is doing a great job with it at the moment.
    Credit to him too, when you have a back 4 for first game, lose half of them for the second game against strong opposition and still look solid its obviously a system that is working.

And if people still struggle to find a positive, look at it like this...
    At least we aren't Perth, they are terrible!
    + 1.

I think we are going to suprise a lot of teams this season.

Was watching shootout last night and they spoke about this. Lundy was on the near post but as the corner was taken, ran off in to no- mans land.

Didnt really stand out til you watch the replay a few times but it was really really poor