Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 02 | Newcastle Jets vs Sydney FC | Saturday 18/10/15 ko 515pm

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Jade North v AfterBirth Glory in Perf. 3-3
    Nicky's solo effort v P!ssants.
    Rooney v Beijing Guoan.

Those are stand outs but daylight after that 'era' tbh.
    Cbf looking up the exact seasons...and Jeterpool has enuf on his plate with the barrage of stat requests after tonight.
    You're right Member...something not currently in our DNA

Marko Jesic v Victory at home (can't remember the year though)

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Marko Jesic v Victory at home (can't remember the year though)
    Ryan griff hit a penalty late, I think it may have been Sydney FC? To draw a few years ago. But I completely agree that is just such a familiar feeling!

I though we at least showed fight that we haven't for years. Our defence looked pretty solid again even without boogs.
    Our attack was incredibly blunt, but it is something that can come. Id rather have a solid defence and to build our attack than vice versa!

My biggest concern is our, what seems to be, match fitness. I know we had 2 subs wasted by injuries but out guys looked absolutely spent with 10-15 minutes to go. Not just tired but out on their feet. Considering Miller is a S&C coach, I thought we would be running teams off The park.

As for players... I thought most did alright. Watson to be rested, kanta back in midfield when boogs in. Leeky back as carney forward will give us huge amounts more creativity.

Hope to never see Lundy again. That guy is not even close to A-league standard. I don't get to see many games locally as I play and coach myself but surely we have better than that around in NPL?

In the end, unlucky result given that we scored a fair goal and they struggled to create clear chances against us. But need to so better to really compete week in week out.

What was Milos doing with that volley. Your a professional striker you need to take good chances like that

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    What was Milos doing with that volley. Your a professional striker you need to take good chances like that
    +1.
    Bit of a silly effort.
    My first instincts when he hit it were wtf.
    From memory, he had time to bring that down with a good touch, then finish. Going for the spectacular Cahill-esque goal was a really low percentage.

Back to my armchair.

How can you criticise Trifunovic when all the service he got were high balls? There were **** all times we actually played it to the big man's feet.

Watson, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post

You're

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Ryan griff hit a penalty late, I think it may have been Sydney FC? To draw a few years ago. But I completely agree that is just such a familiar feeling!

I though we at least showed fight that we haven't for years. Our defence looked pretty solid again even without boogs.
    Our attack was incredibly blunt, but it is something that can come. Id rather have a solid defence and to build our attack than vice versa!

My biggest concern is our, what seems to be, match fitness. I know we had 2 subs wasted by injuries but out guys looked absolutely spent with 10-15 minutes to go. Not just tired but out on their feet. Considering Miller is a S&C coach, I thought we would be running teams off The park.

As for players... I thought most did alright. Watson to be rested, kanta back in midfield when boogs in. Leeky back as carney forward will give us huge amounts more creativity.

Hope to never see Lundy again. That guy is not even close to A-league standard. I don't get to see many games locally as I play and coach myself but surely we have better than that around in NPL?

In the end, unlucky result given that we scored a fair goal and they struggled to create clear chances against us. But need to so better to really compete week in week out.
    As for Lundy I think you are being incredibly harsh. He rarely got the ball at all.
    How you can make a judgement on a kid who hasn't established himself at this level based on a game where he got **** all ball in a side chasing the ball all day beats me

As for our fitness. If our entire game plan is based on defence and running after the ball of course we are going to tire.
    I not too worried about our fitness. I more worried about our game plan that needs some tweaking big time

Same shit different season for me

I though was impressed that when we dropped the goal we pushed forward and had a go in the last few mins.
    Question though is where was that in the first 85 mins??

We are at home. **** off the 2 DMs and 1 striker shit.

Have a go at the ****s FFS

on a side note,i thought the game day experience was good.i went to the game wanting the team to win. i think we are light years ahead of last season playing wise and was far more entertaining to watch. plus i liked the fireworks.

Late Byun winner a couple of seasons back?

Overall..a better vibe and feel and the team looked to have tried their best. Can't ask for much more considering the situation we are in.

Also, we have a tough first four weeks..if we can pick up a couple of points in the next two games we will have done ok.

Has to be baby steps at this stage

If we had nige and lee ki in the side that would have been an entirely different ball game. Haliti coming on at the end for Leonardo would have allowed a 442 to chase the game at the end. We have setup to be defensively resolute and hard to break down. Sydney may have had the number of shots they did but I don't feel that reflects whether they were 'effective' shots or not. Our first chance which fell to milos was the most dangerous effort after Sydney's opening stanza with all that ball.

Kanta looks like he has found his passion for the game again but needs to keep those tackles out of the game.. Although he was sold up the river with the pass..

Watson I think is more an option off the bench.. Kanta deserves a start.

Trifunovic will score many goals, leads the line well. Great touch.

Leonardo just needs to acclimatise and he will be a weapon. That drop of the shoulder and change of direction is worth the admission fee alone.

Can't help but feel that Scotty made the choice to rest ki je this week to save him for the big visit of victory who pose much more attacking threat.

We will finish top 6.

Goals change games. If Hoffman's (very good) header had rightfully been awarded, we would have won that match with ease.

As others have mentioned, we don't look like conceding every time the opposition has the ball, which is a nice change.

Am seeing some very positive signs, and the goals will come.

Seems like Trifunovic likes to have an audacious shot early on, shows confidence but hopefully he can be a bit more clinical as the season wears on.

You can't call Milos shit after that. They only got the ball to him in a shooting position like twice and he always had two defenders on him. bit more quality up front from everyone else and I think he can come good. Lundy was just...out of his depth. Whether it was nerves or ability I don't know but he was losing the ball everytime he got it.

feed the beast and he will score

anyone know the extent of haliti's injury? all the talk is about mark and his head, but i cant seem to find an injury update anywhere

Personally I'd like to see us change to a straight 433. Having our wingers do so much defensive work is taking a lot out of our attack. Move Leo wide and let him roam and have him and alivodic higher up the pitch so they can link with milos more frequently. Carney-poljak-Watson through the midfield. Obviously carney and Watson pushing on a bit more if we maintain possession.

Not panicking yet. Our attack will eventually kick into gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    How can you criticise Trifunovic when all the service he got were high balls? There were **** all times we actually played it to the big man's feet.

Watson, meh.
    When it did come to his feet he did little as well. He certainty is not quick

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    As for Lundy I think you are being incredibly harsh. He rarely got the ball at all.
    How you can make a judgement on a kid who hasn't established himself at this level based on a game where he got **** all ball in a side chasing the ball all day beats me

As for our fitness. If our entire game plan is based on defence and running after the ball of course we are going to tire.
    I not too worried about our fitness. I more worried about our game plan that needs some tweaking big time

Same shit different season for me

I though was impressed that when we dropped the goal we pushed forward and had a go in the last few mins.
    Question though is where was that in the first 85 mins??

We are at home. **** off the 2 DMs and 1 striker shit.

Have a go at the ****s FFS
    Every time he got it he looked terrified to do anything with it

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    anyone know the extent of haliti's injury? all the talk is about mark and his head, but i cant seem to find an injury update anywhere
    6-8 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    6-8 weeks
    shiiiit

Andy Brennan may get a run after all