Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 03 | Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Victory | Friday 23/10/15 ko 740pm

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'm enjoying the meltdown on the Tards Forum. They are attributing the loss down to bad refereeing and goal keeper error.

Drawing a very long bow indeed. Too many lazy khunts in the midfield being caught out by Kanta and Poljak was what lost them the game.

Finkler is a deadest waste of space if he is forced to compete for the ball. Bloke has a heart the size of a pea.

With respect to big Milos I reckon he did a ton of work tonight and I am more than happy to give him time. The battle is getting into scoring positions and he's doing that with ease.

I will not be surprised when he scores a double or better in coming weeks.
    bad refereeing? I agree - Mullen's yellow inside 3 minutes was an absolute joke. Having a CB sit on a yellow for a full 90 minutes is asking for trouble yet MV didn't even try and take advantage of it.

Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the game last night... on the upside, I did get to see Carney's interview at the end and then give Lucy Zelic a kiss on the cheek after he was done and she clearly wasn't expecting it. Carney's confidence is obviously through the roof

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    he should have cost us one or two goals in the first half with his hesitancy. he dawdled on the ball too and looked like he was shitting himself. fair enough he's only young and would have been nervous, but he didn't have a good game at all. barbs skipped past him at will.

cowburn came on and showed him how it's done.
    Obviously I wasn't at the same game

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Had a first class **** of a day.

Good news is in a couple of hours time these blokes get to complete the abomination of a day.

FMD
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Obviously I wasn't at the same game
    Yeah, I thought he was excellent. Cowburn was good but committed to the tackle and missed a few times. Jackson was more than happy to basically jockey back and nip the ball when Kosta inevitably ****ed up. The only times I remember him looking shaky is when we lost the ball fairly deep in our own midfield.

for a midfielder playing for the first time in defence, he was good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam26 View Post
    I wouldn't write Milos off yet. Yeah he missed plenty of sitters but isn't it a positive he had plenty of sitters?
    I'd be pissed working my ass off in mids for a front man to do that. not hitting the target is donkeys. not good enough on that aspect.

that intercept he took off Broxom was pretty classy. He did quite a job in other areas though
    Last edited by hawk; 24-10-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    for a midfielder playing for the first time in defence, he was good enough for me.
    He's a centre back... That's where he played last year when he scored against us, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Wasn't he centre back at roar?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I'd be pissed working my ass off in mids for a front man to do that. not hitting the target is donkeys. not good enough on that aspect.
    Agree 100%

watching the replay our defensive style and going forward is much more organised compared to the last few yrs. yeah there were some lapses but big improvement even with a fairly new squad

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    He's a centre back... That's where he played last year when he scored against us, wasn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Wasn't he centre back at roar?
    OK, swear on the commentary they said centre mid, but i'll take your words for it. little less impressed then, but still held his own in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    he should have cost us one or two goals in the first half with his hesitancy. he dawdled on the ball too and looked like he was shitting himself. fair enough he's only young and would have been nervous, but he didn't have a good game at all. barbs skipped past him at will.

cowburn came on and showed him how it's done.
    Seriously you are waching a different game. Jackson had Barborouses in his pocket all game. In the past 2 weeks Barborouses has been attacking at will and last night Jackson kept him quiet. Got round him once from memory. Not bad for a 20yr old in his 3rd A-League game coming back from a quad strain

Miller getting our bad news bears to match melbourne. good stuff

Leonardo is a bit of a flog hey. Of all our recent playmaker imports he is the worst I reckon.

Trifunovic, I'm hoping you lot are right when you're saying he'll come good (has been the case in the past with A-League strikers), but fmd he has been honking so far. Unfortunately his nearest replacement is miles away, so fingers crossed the foz is proved right once more.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Also BK was a champ, some of those saves were sensual. Where are the 5 pages of discussion about that this week?

Actually our whole defence is looking hella strong this year. Hate Boogard though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Hoist up the john b sail

Interesting to know boogs' reasoning for not staying to celebrate with the corner last night, BK clearly telling him to.

I suppose one bloke knows what it meant to everyone in the crowd, and one not yet aware of how much lag nights win meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Reasonable grounds. There was no good reason for ditching the cinnamon.
    And Griff doesn't play for us anymore either but we haven't abandoned our support - and that's something which would warrant it
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

It seems like a lot of things are coming together for us this season, we have two in form goalkeepers although I think Birraz should come back in the squad when he returns, a really good defensive line, which wasn't even at full strength considering lee is out. Poljak and kanta both do really well in the mid, kanta is looking better then ever and poljak is looking solid. Only thing is we need a better substitute or another guy to contend for a starting spot then cam watson. Carney and Enver are killing it down the wing, Leonardo is starting to settle and looking the goods, and hopefully milos starts to pull through and finish his chances cause he had at least three chances on the weekend he should've buried. Get an injury replacement for haliti, try and sign a mid-season mid if possible and everything will be looking good for is moving forward I reckon