Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 03 | Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Victory | Friday 23/10/15 ko 740pm

Attention Scotty
    Cowburn and Jackson > Hoffman.

I've tried to give the Hoff a chance but we have better options for Rb then him, only time until Scotty makes the change IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I've been one of his biggest detractors, but you can't say Hoffman hasn't done well for us at RB so far.

Deserves to keep his position until that changes

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I've been one of his biggest detractors, but you can't say Hoffman hasn't done well for us at RB so far.

Deserves to keep his position until that changes
    I've noticed many jets fans simply never shake their bias against certain players. Hoffman and Kanta seem to cop it the most, even when they have a blinder. I personally prefer to keep an open mind

Fair play to Carney for the goal etc. but I feel like his woeful Set Pieces are being lost in the haze.

No Jets player had any chance of getting on the end of any set piece from my recollection. Terrible

You mongs. Hoff was close to best on pitch. Wish I knew what game you guys watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Attention Scotty
    Cowburn and Jackson > Hoffman.

I've tried to give the Hoff a chance but we have better options for Rb then him, only time until Scotty makes the change IMO.
    Hoffman has been fantastic for us in all three games. You need to show him some love.

I've been open to having him back and would love to see him succeed, maybe I've paid more attention to his failures and sort comings the I have to the good work his done.

IMO him and Enver have turned over possession often and far to cheaply also in dangerous positions, I can't recall many occasions of Hoffman getting forward and providing an option in attack and he seems to want to force the impossible ball rather than play the simple options.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I've noticed many jets fans simply never shake their bias against certain players. Hoffman and Kanta seem to cop it the most, even when they have a blinder. I personally prefer to keep an open mind
    You could add BK too.
    Hoff hasn't done too much wrong in our first 3 games and should have had a goal to his name too. I see a player who is 100% committed, Kanta too had one of his best games for a while yesterday and should start again next week in CM. So keep trolling away negative nobodies because it pretty much looks they will be mainstays of the side this season.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Leonardo is a bit of a flog hey. Of all our recent playmaker imports he is the worst I reckon.
    I was not aware we have actually had any playmaker imports recently at the Jets unless we go back to / include Song.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 24-10-2015 at 06:52 PM.

I have been one of the Hoffs biggest baggers in the past , he has however been very good for us the first three rounds.

Kanta also showing glimpses again of what we all know he is capable of.

All IMO of course

And Watson is still a donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I was not aware we have actually had any playmaker imports recently at the Jets unless we go back to / include Song.
    Flores

Ribiero

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I've been open to having him back and would love to see him succeed, maybe I've paid more attention to his failures and sort comings the I have to the good work his done.

IMO him and Enver have turned over possession often and far to cheaply also in dangerous positions, I can't recall many occasions of Hoffman getting forward and providing an option in attack and he seems to want to force the impossible ball rather than play the simple options.
    Last night was probably his worst of Hoffman's 3 games so far, but otherwise he has been outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Flores
    Vigs
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Had a 2nd look at the game this morn. hoffs 1st half was good. his 2nd half was terrible. some of the mistakes he made put us dire situations.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Flores
    Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Ribiero
    Cheers boiz.

I reckon he's worse than Ribeiro, and we know he's worse than Flores, who is probably one of the most talented guys to have played for the Jets. Most talented for me is the aforementioned Vigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Cheers boiz.

I reckon he's worse than Ribeiro, and we know he's worse than Flores, who is probably one of the most talented guys to have played for the Jets. Most talented for me is the aforementioned Vigs.
    Worse than Ribiero? Are you taking the piss? I barely remember him even taking the field. Leonardo last night was fantastic - won a lot of free kicks that released pressure and gave the defenders a breather. Was always a step ahead of Trif with his thinking and passing and if those two can connect we've got a lot to look forward to. Leo knows how to hold the ball off opponents and then with a swift move get around them. He lost it a few times trying to take people on but if we want someone who always plays the safe backward option, we can just bring Caravella back.

Cheers boiz.

Vigs Sean Rooney and Griff are immortals of our club.

rofl worse than riberio, one pete c clearly smoking the crack

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    rofl worse than riberio, one pete c clearly smoking the crack
    Maybe Pete is still smitten with that bird on riberio's youtube video