Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 03 | Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Victory | Friday 23/10/15 ko 740pm

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    still went past him very easily, don't know how the cover defence cleaning up Jackson's mess makes Jackson himself pass the grade

we were just lucky not to be punished

to me it seemed like every time it went down that flank they were in behind us, with Jackson providing all the defensive pressure and tackling ability of a witches hat
    I never said Jackson passes the grade, just that victorys attackers were kept quiet
    jury is still out for me on Jackson did some good and bad things
    its only his 4th a league game, coming back from injury and we were playing the a league champs

still much prefer playing Jackson there as I do playing david carney there.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Obviously beer affects you guys a lot on here. Jackson was great shutting down a lot of MV play. I was watching from halfway and most blokes around me were impressed by him as far as a debut goes.He was very composed for his age and his positioning was pretty good too. Shut down there plays several times. Yes barbarouses went passed him but not with the ball!!
    I think hes got real potential. Yes better option than carney at back as Carney needs to be further forward obviously!

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    I never said Jackson passes the grade, just that victorys attackers were kept quiet
    jury is still out for me on Jackson did some good and bad things
    its only his 4th a league game, coming back from injury and we were playing the a league champs
    yep I understand, my point is that he didn't keep KB quiet - rather we were lucky that we weren't punished by the mismatch on that flank

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    still much prefer playing Jackson there as I do playing david carney there.
    I agree, for me it just shows how thin our squad is when one wingback is out (Leaky) and we can't find a replacement without ****ing the team, be it defensively (with Jackson there) or offensively (with Carney there)...

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
    Obviously beer affects you guys a lot on here. Jackson was great shutting down a lot of MV play. I was watching from halfway and most blokes around me were impressed by him as far as a debut goes.He was very composed for his age and his positioning was pretty good too. Shut down there plays several times. Yes barbarouses went passed him but not with the ball!!
    I think hes got real potential. Yes better option than carney at back as Carney needs to be further forward obviously!
    should of gone to specsavers

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
    Spot on, most near me were also singing his praises. Impressive debut.

deadset, some of you blokes would boo santa claus

it's the kid's first game for a new club, playing in a notoriously tough position, against one of the best forwards in the league

i think he did alright ay

Jackson was gash, seemed uninterested and out of his depth in that possie. Turning circle of a semi trailer. Cowburn came on and showed him out to play at LB.

Prepared to give Jackson another go, may have been affected by his injury.

Banned
    ****ing hell some of you hammering on about Jackson.

Yes he got caught out a few times.

For the most part he done a pretty solid job.

The way he let Barbarousis run at him and then picked his pocket was ****ing class.

Yes the bloke has some things to work on but what 4 career game player doesn't.

Thing is there are some positives there and I hope he is playing this week again so I can see more of him before writing him off like some of you miserable people are already doing based on 60 mins

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    ****ing hell some of you hammering on about Jackson.

Yes he got caught out a few times.

For the most part he done a pretty solid job.

The way he let Barbarousis run at him and then picked his pocket was ****ing class.

Yes the bloke has some things to work on but what 4 career game player doesn't.

Thing is there are some positives there and I hope he is playing this week again so I can see more of him before writing him off like some of you miserable people are already doing based on 60 mins
    who are you and what have you done with the original MFKS?

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    i don't think anyone's writing him off.

he just had a bad game, which is understandable considering his experience and who we were playing.

i wouldn't have been so harsh had there not been posts about how he had barbarouses in his pocket all night.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    who are you and what have you done with the original MFKS?
    Same bloke.

Blokes tend to be more relaxed after a good empty out.

jeez kryst theres some divided opinion on jacko. he did it all, alot good some bad.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    i don't think anyone's writing him off.

he just had a bad game, which is understandable considering his experience and who we were playing.

i wouldn't have been so harsh had there not been posts about how he had barbarouses in his pocket all night.
    x1000000000000