Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 04 | Melbourne City v Newcastle Jets | Friday 30/10/15 ko 740pm

OK, so some points of interest.

Miller has equaled the best ever start to a Jets campaign with 9 points from a possible 12. This equals season 8. Get a point or win next week and it's our best ever start.

We have 9 points after 4 games. It took us 17 games to get the same amount of points last year.

We're copping a HEAP of yellow cards, as someone mentioned earlier. 13 in 4 matches. The highest frequency per match in our history. Last night's 6 certainly didn't help.

We're scoring at the rate with did in season 2 - 1.5 goals per match. That's the highest frequency in our history.

We've never come back from being 2 goals behind to win.

Adam Taggart was the last Jets player to score 2 goals in a match
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Thought it was the correct decision tbh. Was ball to hand, but his hand was in an unnatural position, and the ar was correct to award it.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I guess we know the concept of natural positioning of arms in standing but its a different ball game for balance when you're sliding. I think it's pretty hard to execute a sliding challenge/block and keep your arms down. But i guess really that's the risk you take.

Last year = play on
    This year = pen all day erry day

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    OK, so some points of interest.

Miller has equaled the best ever start to a Jets campaign with 9 points from a possible 12. This equals season 8. Get a point or win next week and it's our best ever start.

We have 9 points after 4 games. It took us 17 games to get the same amount of points last year.

We're copping a HEAP of yellow cards, as someone mentioned earlier. 13 in 4 matches. The highest frequency per match in our history. Last night's 6 certainly didn't help.

We're scoring at the rate with did in season 2 - 1.5 goals per match. That's the highest frequency in our history.

Adam Taggart was the last Jets player to score 2 goals in a match
    Stats guru, when was the last time we won two away games on the trot?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Whats everyones thoughts on our pen? Was it justified?
    Nailed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Last year = play on
    This year = pen all day erry day
    Curious to see what Bozza reckons later. He was going on about an obvious handball that went against one of the big clubs a couple of weeks back...nobody on Fox thought it was a penalty last night.

Watched the highlights again.
    Hoff just let the ball hit him and when he did he directed it towards goal. Not good enough. Whereas Boogard couldnt really do anything.

For the first time in a long time the Gypos won't be looking forward to an F3 Derby.
    If we play this way against the Gypos we will absolutely destroy them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Whats everyones thoughts on our pen? Was it justified?
    It was a bullshit call.
    Make no mistake about it

I will take it though. I just can't work out why we are being blessed with calls like this going our way

But reality of the day it is ball striking hand not defender trying to use hand on ball.

If the shoe was on the other foot and we copped it we would be filthy.

Just to put in perspective LeakyG against Nix got away with something similar

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Pffffft, we got our 3 wins for the year.
    Everything from here on is gravy.
    Our 3 wins count for sweet **** all.

Miller failing on two fronts.

Hasn't signed Griff
    Hasn't beaten Gypos

Until he does.

Flash in pan

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I was wondering about this. Great stat, thank you.

We've only come from behind at HT to win a handful of times I believe? Can you confirm the numbers

WRT the penalty - I can see why it was given, but would be filthy if we had copped it.

Was good to see the ref actually utilising his assistants though.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Miller failing on two fronts.

Hasn't signed Griff
    Hasn't beaten Gypos

Until he does.

Flash in pan
    It's not even Sunday yet I'm getting early gospel from the book of Member.

Spot on again.

Miller OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It was a bullshit call.
    Make no mistake about it

I will take it though. I just can't work out why we are being blessed with calls like this going our way

But reality of the day it is ball striking hand not defender trying to use hand on ball.

If the shoe was on the other foot and we copped it we would be filthy.

Just to put in perspective LeakyG against Nix got away with something similar
    I disagree. Every defender knows your running a risk when you defend in the box with your arm away from your body. look at the best defenders, the moment they get into the box they defend with arms behind their back.

comes down to arm being away from body blocking a cross into a dangerous position. Cant believe the fox commentators dont agree.

that being said i wouldnt blame the ref if he didnt give it as they can be really hard to see

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I was wondering about this. Great stat, thank you.

We've only come from behind at HT to win a handful of times I believe? Can you confirm the numbers

WRT the penalty - I can see why it was given, but would be filthy if we had copped it.

Was good to see the ref actually utilising his assistants though.
    Firstly I think the ref was late on the call just because he was stunned that a professional footballer could get caught out and embarrassed by the Hoff on the football pitch

Secondly the only time we have come from behind at HT to win besides last night was the day The Puddle got MOM

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    comes down to arm being away from body blocking a cross into a dangerous position. Cant believe the fox commentators dont agree.
    Fox maybe but Foz on SBS said it was a tight call but he would have awarded it.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfy96 View Post
    Fox maybe but Foz on SBS said it was a tight call but he would have awarded it.
    It was a definite penalty. You raise your hand to a cross you are asking for a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    It was a definite penalty. You raise your hand to a cross you are asking for a penalty.
    totally agree, slide in like that in the box, you are playing with fire

eat it city

I agree it was a penalty. Aside from the sucker who put his arm up, did any of the other City players argue? I don't remember.

One thing I noticed about the game was that we didn't use all three subs, by the end of the game we had only subbed on Watson. Found that to be a weird choice, the fact that we didn't even sub on say Radovan in the 93rd just to waste time seemed odd