Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 05 | Newcastle Jets v Western Sydney | Saturday 07/11/15 ko 515pm

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I was waiting for this..
    pretty sure he said 3-1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    To say we lost because we were not clinical finishing is wrong.

We lost because we played poorly against a piss poor opponent.

They were ****ing garbage. Make no mistake about it. They were only in the game after 80 mins as we hadn't been playing well enough to put a side as shit as them to the sword.

As for Leonardo bloke is garbage in my opinion. Some occasional nice touches but no ****ing end product.

Can't believe Millertime gave this bloke a contract and continues to ignore the Griff
    both teams made some mistakes but some good passages as well. Was pretty dour in the middle.

imo Leo did some good stuff on the ball spesh when he cam back but i eluded to the other earlier.

Actually agree with MFKS.
    Leonardo is Brazilian trash. Good on the ball, but that's about it.
    Also stand by my earlier call that Milos is a flop. Butchered yet another clear cut chance last night in front of the goal at the southern end.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Actually agree with MFKS.
    Leonardo is Brazilian trash. Good on the ball, but that's about it.
    Also stand by my earlier call that Milos is a flop. Butchered yet another clear cut chance last night in front of the goal at the southern end.
    Jury is still out on Leonardo, what is letting him down mainly is his decision making which as a #10 is everything. There were so many times yesterday when an earlier pass would have sent someone through but a couple of extra touches and he was corralled in by 3 WSW players and we lost the opportunity.
    Milos too has to be more clinical, good strikers put away a good percentage of those half-chances, let alone the easier ones. Having said that if you compare him to Heskey he has some decent attributes that the big man didn't have....first touch is better and overall technique is sharper than Heskey's.
    Five matches in both have been a bit hot and cold, the next five they both really need to start hitting their straps!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    i still don't think leo has much to work with when it's played in to him, but his final ball is definitely lacking. he's absolutely magic with the ball at his feet though, beats his man every single time.

milos looks to be your typical a-league import; some good stuff, some bad stuff and you'll see some of both in each game. it was a soft penalty but he was so dumb to make that challenge, and he should have buried that header at the death.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

RE: Milos - JP was absolutely spitting chips at HT walking towards the tunnel. Assuming it was to do with Milos not cutting the ball back and having a shot at the near post instead.

Banned
    Football hools are about to appear on NBN news just now??

Anyone see what happened??

two jets fans trying to rile up RBB were asked to leave
    Secco grabbed one to evict, but was spat on. Secco clocked him.
    Someone captured it on phone
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Football hools are about to appear on NBN news just now??

Anyone see what happened??
    scuffle at worst. Seen worse at maccas x1000.

Bogan Herald loves putting shit on aleague.

This never would have happened if Tony Abbot was still PM.

Malcolm Out.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    scuffle at worst. Seen worse at maccas x1000.

Bogan Herald loves putting shit on aleague.
    Disagree, we get good coverage of the A League and it's usually just about the football and the players.
    If you want to see a rag that puts shit on the A League just have a look at that tabloid Murdoch-run piece of sensastionalist garbage called the Daily Telegraph!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Interesting point when you break down why we lost, in effect we were let down by mistakes from players being at the "wrong end" of the field. Kanta and Boogs missing one-on-ones in the front third and Milos giving away a silly penalty in the box. Okay, with Boogs and Kanta making good runs and they found themselves in a great position to score but really does our #9 have to be in the box helping defend???
    Make no mistake, f**kwits like Brendan Skylab are the scourge of our game.
    (Skylab: useless piece of shit that fell to earth)
    On 2nd (and 3rd) look, Milos makes minimal contact and the Del Piero/Ryall protégé goes down all too easily.
    Gullible ref looking for a leveller can't blow it quick enuf. Can't get a break with these Sh!tney teams. Been going on since 1978.
    Miller said it in the presser: "over the 27 it will balance out"
    Never seems to with us mate. Get used to it.
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 08-11-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Milos is scoring at the exact same rate he has for his entire career. We had X amount of money to spend and i think he is easily doing more than we would be paying him. He is doing well and as far as i see the only problem we have is that we have no other option to go up and help him if we need it. Haliti on at 60-70 to sit on his shoulder when chasing games would have been our plan B. Now we have no plan B in the final 3rd.

Leo seems to be improving every game, he seems to be able to beat a player most times he has the ball now we just need to either make a quick pass from their or he needs to shoot more. I actually think he is running at defenders outside the box purely to win fouls. We don't do as well once we beat them at the back as when they foul us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Also Cabbage is still a giant bag of doodles. Can't wait to see the back of his shiny devon slapped head!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Milos is scoring at the exact same rate he has for his entire career. We had X amount of money to spend and i think he is easily doing more than we would be paying him. He is doing well and as far as i see the only problem we have is that we have no other option to go up and help him if we need it. Haliti on at 60-70 to sit on his shoulder when chasing games would have been our plan B. Now we have no plan B in the final 3rd.

Leo seems to be improving every game, he seems to be able to beat a player most times he has the ball now we just need to either make a quick pass from their or he needs to shoot more. I actually think he is running at defenders outside the box purely to win fouls. We don't do as well once we beat them at the back as when they foul us.
    And this is where I thought Brennan would have been implemented.

Surprised we haven't seen Brennan given that he is back from injury. Also surprised we haven't used our bench more... but then again, I am pretty happy we aren't subbing people just to use subs like Nubbins so often seemed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    pretty sure he said 3-1 lol

q-man attendance count for the year for those playing at home: 1

gotta hand it to scotty miller though, i haven't seen a more organized bunch playing for the jerks since the days of dura et.al.

boogs is doing well, not his fault he is still dealing with well ingrained jets mongery

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Surprised we haven't seen Brennan given that he is back from injury. Also surprised we haven't used our bench more... but then again, I am pretty happy we aren't subbing people just to use subs like Nubbins so often seemed to do.
    Brennan is coming back after a soft tissue injury with his hamstring I believe. Is being eased back in by playing with the Youth team at this stage.
    Yeah when they got their second, Miller had to make a change by introducing fresh legs with either Cooper or Pav or even both.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Make no mistake, f**kwits like Brendan Skylab are the scourge of our game.
    (Skylab: useless piece of shit that fell to earth)
    On 2nd (and 3rd) look, Milos makes minimal contact and the Del Piero/Ryall protégé goes down all too easily.
    Gullible ref looking for a leveller can't blow it quick enuf. Can't get a break with these Sh!tney teams. Been going on since 1978.
    Miller said it in the presser: "over the 27 it will balance out"
    Never seems to with us mate. Get used to it.
    Having watched the replays now and after hereing the guys on shootout last night, yes Santalab clearly duped the ref into awarding the penalty, grubs like him keep doing it but they don't realise it is a blight on themselves and the game.
    To be fair though the replays showed that Alivodic was in an offside position and the linesman was correct in his initial call.