Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 05 | Newcastle Jets v Western Sydney | Saturday 07/11/15 ko 515pm

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    yes Santalab clearly duped the ref into awarding the penalty, grubs like him keep doing it but they don't realise it is a blight on themselves and the game.
    yet he'd probably be pretty happy he got them the points...

What we need is to make more subs. Obviously don't make subs for the sake of making them, but in this situation were they levelled the game and then got in front I see no reason why we didn't try and bring on Cooper, Pav or Brennan.
    I think Milos will by seasons end have 10+ goals, if he can do that then for me he's been worth having. One game Id like to see how Leo fares on the wing, does a better job at beating his man and Carney has a good eye for some incredible passes so I wonder how they'd go, even for just a half swapping roles.

If Kanta was still on the park I cannot imagine Nicholls being afforded that much time and space to take a shot.

Was Kanta injured ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If Kanta was still on the park I cannot imagine Nicholls being afforded that much time and space to take a shot.

Was Kanta injured ?
    he wasn't injured

the way it looked he was hooked for his decision to shoot rather than pass it across goal.

miller was going off his head and he was substituted 30 seconds later.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    he wasn't injured

the way it looked he was hooked for his decision to shoot rather than pass it across goal.

I thought Miller might have given him a Jessie P for that.

If that's the case I think Miller needs to tread carefully or he will lose the dressing room quicker than he can blink.

He needs to be in control and blowing up is not being in control.

The substitution confused me as well given Cooper was available.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 09-11-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    he wasn't injured

could be wrong but the board went up ten seconds max after that shot.. i think he was already going to be subbed

To be fair if Hoffman wasn't going to be dragged then why should any of the good players?

Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    could be wrong but the board went up ten seconds max after that shot.. i think he was already going to be subbed
    that's what I thought too. he was off before the goal kick was taken and they didn't hold play up for that long.

someone said they saw him signal to the bench and say he was done, not sure if it happened
    I saw carney give the coach a spray about a ball kanta played through over the top forhim which he didn't chase about 2 mins before he was subbed
    however so wsw started to boss the midfield more once he went off

Saw Kanta get his calf iced on the bench. Can't remember if it was left or right.

Questioning the lack of subs too, could see the game slipping away. Why not bring on a fresh Cooper in place of Leo who looked shagged?

He and JP orchestrated one of the great comebacks in our history, so I will trust in their wisdom. But it certainly left me scratching my head

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Saw Kanta get his calf iced on the bench. Can't remember if it was left or right.

Questioning the lack of subs too, could see the game slipping away. Why not bring on a fresh Cooper in place of Leo who looked shagged?

He and JP orchestrated one of the great comebacks in our history, so I will trust in their wisdom. But it certainly left me scratching my head
    There's only been two....but it was definitely the greater of them
    Fair call though WolfMan, that gritty win v Fart gave me hope we won't be getting the spoon this year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

Was Kanta injured ?
    I was surprised it took them that long to shot from in front of the box. They picked up the ball there free stacks of times and either indecision or scrambling defence stop the shot.

100% can confirm kanta signalled to bench saying he was spent before anything went down. Watson started warming up. missed that goal and then was subbed