Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 06 | Newcastle Jets v Gypo Scum | Saturday 14/11/15 ko 515pm

we were flat as a tack straight out of the gates. there was no fire or aggression.they should have been fired up considering it was a derby game. maybe next time they should get some face slapping going on in the sheds like western sydney magpies used to do.

Any word on Leonardo's injury?

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    Any word on Leonardo's injury?
    Saw him saying on Insta hoping it was only 1 week

Something people have failed to mention is the call in the second half when Austin went down with an inured ankle and we ended up kicking it out of play.

We needed to keep on going in that instance and push forward to try and get a goal. The referee hadn't stopped play and he didn't have a head injury. That was an invitation to continue.

That's the killer instinct I am looking for from the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Something people have failed to mention is the call in the second half when Austin went down with an inured ankle and we ended up kicking it out of play.

We needed to keep on going in that instance and push forward to try and get a goal. The referee hadn't stopped play and he didn't have a head injury. That was an invitation to continue.

biraz was either screaming at them to play on or kick it out

either way he was fuming once the ball finally went out.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post

He wanted to play on without a doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post

He wasn't the only one. I almost burst a blood vessel telling the team how weak they were.

Isn't it up to the referee to stop play for injuries? I say make a hard and fast law to that end and we can have no complaints.

Plus, we'd have more drop-balls, and that can only serve to incite great memories of being 8 years old

best bit was that Austin didn't even have to go off the field after!

that moment and their goal perfectly summed up the night for me: no drive, passion, initiative or accountability.

Austin is a wanker.
    Biraz is saving our ass at the moment.
    We were crap and there was no excuse for that.
    Miller needs to re-think his subs and learn from mistakes (very hesitant to actually make a sub when its needed)
    Carney was crap and is too slow on the ball and tries to beat players like he is a 21yr old. ( more effective when used wider where he has time and space)
    We will really struggle without Leonardo in the midfield.
    Our passing was terrible and predictable.
    Just when I was starting to have some hope for this season

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    Austin is a wanker.
    Biraz is saving our ass at the moment.
    We were crap and there was no excuse for that.
    Miller needs to re-think his subs and learn from mistakes (very hesitant to actually make a sub when its needed)
    Carney was crap and is too slow on the ball and tries to beat players like he is a 21yr old. ( more effective when used wider where he has time and space)
    We will really struggle without Leonardo in the midfield.
    Our passing was terrible and predictable.
    Just when I was starting to have some hope for this season
    I agree except that part! What on earth could Miller do differently? He doesn't have the squad to compete when a few injuries occur.

Look at our bench on the weekend and please tell me what he could have done differently with his subs to change to match?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Sums up the whole shemozzle. I thought we had put those insipid days behind us. The way that their goal allowed their crowd to have that enjoyment is ball busting.

I hope someone unscrews the top on Millers salt shaker just like on Happy Days.....

It was pathetic. Their attacker goes down deep in our half with a tap to the ankle and we kick the ball out for them?
    I was livid.

How many years have we been seeing this shit for? When are we going to have a team of c***s who we can be proud of and who would win at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

I think they all need to start eating raw steak and get the taste for blood.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar

Legit worst moment in newy history. I put this lower then wooden spoons. Its like when players don't contest throw ins. Bin em

It was pathetic. Their attacker goes down deep in our half with a tap to the ankle and we kick the ball out for them?
    I was livid.

How many years have we been seeing this shit for? When are we going to have a team of c***s who we can be proud of and who would win at all costs?
    When it happened I thought if it was on the other foot would those scumbags have done the same....NO WAY!
    Shouldn't have mattered that they were already one player down, let the ref make the call if he deems the player to be seriously injured.

As mentioned, yes I noticed Birraz too he was absolutley filthy. He is probably of the mindest now that an opponent kicked him in the face making him lose 5 teeth and 48 stitches and got off scott free so fark being all nice and gentlemanly on the park.
    Would this have happened if we had the likes of say a Griffo, Rubes or a Ljubo or Tarek or a Kasey Wehrman in the side?

Banned
    I was livid.

The thing with it was he was fine after the initial challenge and then went down 10 seconds later after the ref ignored his play acting.

That is the perfect time to play on. **** em