Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RAAF Jersey for Brisbane Home Game

RAAF Jersey for Brisbane Home Game

Jets RAAF Jersey.jpg

Hope the picture worked. Not sure how I feel about this one. Good cause and decent shirt but looking like Sydney on the field is probably not the greatest of ideas. I'm a jersey hoarder so will probably end up buying one. Could have been worse. I can think of a certain tower at Queens Wharf that they could have put on a jersey.

The colour is obviously a tribute to the puddle.

What a player he was.

what is the cause? it better be fantastic cause the jersey is garbage.

Vomit, Alls missing is the bits of carrot.

this isn't the hat i asked for

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    what is the cause? it better be fantastic cause the jersey is garbage.
    RAAF Recognition Round. Would imagine they'll be trying to raise funds for the RAAF Base and have read that 3000 free passes will be sent to the base for RAAF personnel and their families. I don't mind the sentiment but making a jersey for it seems a bit overboard. Like when the Knights wear the mining jersey that has no connection with their club's colours whatsoever.

Without meaning to offend anyone too much, why the **** is the club raising funds for ADF personnel? I can't think of any community* for whom more government services and funds are made available.

* On reflection, the communities of multinationals and of mining companies do pretty well, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Without meaning to offend anyone too much, why the **** is the club raising funds for ADF personnel? I can't think of any community* for whom more government services and funds are made available.

* On reflection, the communities of multinationals and of mining companies do pretty well, too.
    I think it's more trying to tie in the club with it's namesake. I must add I can't be certain there'll be fundraising. Just my initial thought. Mostly it'll be a bit of added entertainment for kids with the jets flying over and all that.

exercise in building club identity. anything to take us more down the "we are the jets" path and away from "we are not the knights" is good imo.

shirt is not something ill be rushing out to buy though.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Like when the Knights wear the mining jersey that has no connection with their club's colours whatsoever.
    Knights get paid to wear those (in a roundabout way).

American sports is full of the defence force paying sporting teams to promote 'salute to service' rounds.

Hopefully the Jets are sponging some of that defence budget.

I was half expecting the air force jersey to be a blueish grey camo design. I think the jets print is a bit of a let down and looks a little cheap.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    awful scenes
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    I think it's more trying to tie in the club with it's namesake. I must add I can't be certain there'll be fundraising. Just my initial thought. Mostly it'll be a bit of added entertainment for kids with the jets flying over and all that.
    We are the Jets - and Mitchell Murphy was astounded when he arrived that we had no formal relationship with the RAAF base that the club is supposedly named after.
    Its not fundraising, its recognising those in this particular branch of the ADF which is a major part of this town.
    And apparently there is a RAAF base in Brissy which is why they picked this particular round to use as the commemoration.

As far as the jersey goes, I dont mind it. And its a bloody one-off people. Its not like we have to play in a jersey with an effing palm tree on it for the entire season.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Hope they do a three jet flyover with dump and burn.

Would go oorrfff!

Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Anyone who doesn't think Top Gun was an all time classic is a bum
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

calm down its not like its a shitney fc type, oh wait.... I feel a toxic waste coming on, carn Jets

putting a camo design on the jersey doesnt make it unique to the RAAF does it? so the idea was to put Hornets flying in formation on the jersey. I think it looks sick, ther grey colour accurately reflects the colour of Hornets themselves, the blue trim coould be better but the plan is to make this an annual thing, with the jersey being updated every year
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Hope they do a three jet flyover with dump and burn.

Would go oorrfff!
    Hornets dont technically dump and burn, they can however put Afterburners on, which looks hell at any stage of a day.

Seriously what did you honestly expect the jersey to be a shitty camo design that all sporting teams do? BORING. Jets in formation look much better
    Jaliens gives me the horn

I just wanna see flames, and I hope they parachute drop care packages of hats in the shape of jets on the stadium.
    Make it rain.