Thread: Jets 2015/16

Jets 2015/16

I must say the current squad need to be congratulated for how approachable and friendly they have been with younger girls.

I've enjoyed seeing them be willing to talk to the younger ones who attend their games etc but most pleasing is they as friendly towards a young girl there just to watch as they have been with the Emerging Jets girls.

I saw them all in the airport in Sydney a few weeks back, all very friendly and approachable.

Will be watching them this weekend in the double header against Adelaide too.

Definitely watching this one, will more than likely be much more entertaining than the men's game after it!

Big game for the Jets Women this weekend. While they currently sit in 6th on 12 points (the top 4 play semi finals), they are relying on results to go their way today.

The Jets need to rely on 2nd in the table Canberra united, who are guaranteed 2nd spot, to not lose to 5th place Adelaide away from home. Should that occur, the Jets need to defeat Brisbane Roar by 2 goals to make the finals. We can't rely on scoring one because we have scored fewer goals.

The parallels between the Women's and Men's is curious because the Jets also have the fewest goals scored in the comp (9 in 11 matches) but are also defensively sound - the 3rd best record in the league.

Anyway, get along and support the team this Sunday at 2:00!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

1-1 draw between Adelaide and Canberra. Jets win by 2 and they're in the finals
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

1-0 Win against Perth today. Good effort all round by the Jets - especially the 2nd half where they were well and truly on top of Perth.
    Gema Simon was very good today. She shows a lot of courage and never gives up on a ball or a challenge. She spent most of the game trying to keep Sam Kerr under control and did a very good job.
    With respect to Sam Kerr she was a class above the rest out there today - her ability to cross a ball puts Hoole and others to shame. The Jets just did more as a team.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 20-11-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    1-0 Win against Perth today. Good effort all round by the Jets - especially the 2nd half where they were well and truly on top of Perth.
    Gema Simon was very good today. She shows a lot of courage and never gives up on a ball or a challenge. She spent most of the game trying to keep Sam Kerr under control and did a very good job.
    With respect to Sam Kerr she was a class above the rest out there today - her ability to cross a ball puts Hoole and others to shame. The Jets just did more as a team.
    watching the wpl game- I am baffled on how they cant keep possession, struggle to complete a pass and lose the ball nearly 2 out of 3 times. What is Deans' coaching them, but then again expectation may be unrealistic, as the next game was identical.
    Personally, no player in jets WPL OR AL should get paid, until they can do the basics.
    just saying on what I saw!

How was the game Dunster? It didn't suit me yesterday, I just went for the main event, but for future double headers I'm considering going along to watch both.

I enjoyed the W-League match yesterday.

The team have a greater attacking threat this year. Jen Hoy works really hard. Dydasco and Logarzo have been replaced well with Stanbury and Gilliland.

Thought Kingley and Wheeler also played well. Some great saves from Coehelo

GK gone for season, done ACL, loan cancelled, back to USA.

Hello, Thanks for the list..

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewv123 View Post
    Hello, Thanks for the list..
    poor thread bump

0 stars
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast