Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 15/16 HAL - Round 8 - Other Fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Nothing really happening in the CCM WSW game. RBB walkout took about ten minutes due to the small aisles lol

Apparently De Bohun will be on Shootout at 7pm, so it will be interesting to see what he says.
    Yeah..pretty quiet at Browntongue Stadium since they walked.
    In my best Robert Duvall voice:-
    "I love the sound of crickets on the Central Coast in the evening..."

Nothing really happening in the CCM WSW game. RBB walkout took about ten minutes due to the small aisles lol

Apparently De Bohun will be on Shootout at 7pm, so it will be interesting to see what he says.
    in your interactions with various active groups do you know if there were any expectations on the whole away bays leaving? or was it just whoever was keen?

granted there was nothing that could be done being an away game but the NT walkout last night looked a lot more organised and impactful than the RBB lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Wonder if Dim Sim can rescue a point for the sCCuM this week..?

****ers kill my multi once again

Could only watch a minute of de bohun before the corporatese got to me. But appeals process now in place and he's good at dodging questions.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Could only watch a minute of de bohun before the corporatese got to me. But appeals process now in place and he's good at dodging questions.
    only saw snippets of the on field interview with 'Notorious DDB' but it sounds like the appeals process will be all about the complainant PROVING their innocence rather than the FFA proving guilt.

maybe just let that sink in a little.

i.e. turning up using the Shaggy defence won't be enough. get creative or die trying' kids.

And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Yeah, got the same message.

There are certainly some procedural issues in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    in your interactions with various active groups do you know if there were any expectations on the whole away bays leaving? or was it just whoever was keen?

granted there was nothing that could be done being an away game but the NT walkout last night looked a lot more organised and impactful than the RBB lot.
    We have had very little contact with RBB & NTC - they organised their own thing with each other. But as the away bays included RBB plus other supporters, it stands to reason not all of them would walk.
    Whereas with NTC at home - obvs they are all aware whats going on.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Whereas with NTC at home - obvs they are all aware whats going on.
    Reason I'm saying it is that some time between Thursday and Saturday the message changed from "anti Rebecca Wilson, anti news ltd anti haterz" to " we just want a fair appeal process".

From supporters groups, officials and most importantly 'friendly media' everyone got on one message and it (to me) became much more effective.

Was just wondering how it was orchestrated because it wasn't sheer luck. Heck, even Robbie Slater sounded like he was reading from a script when he offered his opinion.

Because IMO Wilsons original article came direct from FFA, and that's why they haven't been vocal in their response.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Reason I'm saying it is that some time between Thursday and Saturday the message changed from "anti Rebecca Wilson, anti news ltd anti haterz" to " we just want a fair appeal process".

From supporters groups, officials and most importantly 'friendly media' everyone got on one message and it (to me) became much more effective.

Was just wondering how it was orchestrated because it wasn't sheer luck. Heck, even Robbie Slater sounded like he was reading from a script when he offered his opinion.

Because IMO Wilsons original article came direct from FFA, and that's why they haven't been vocal in their response.
    I think the NTC & RBB focused on the FFA for their protests for the most part, but most of the other groups were focusing on the Wilson Jones furore. I also think the media chose to amp up the focus in their reports on the FFA issue.
    I have made sure our website & squadron FB articles have focused on both issues
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast