Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FFA silliness: The protests and boycotts thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The issues were resolved through discussion weren't they
    and that in part where what the walkouts were about, trying to be heard as discussions weren't forthcoming, that message was missed, so the threat of boycotting was used.

I hope after today's press conference things might temper and groups get back to the stands.

Gallop and Lowy Jnr today were far far better than the previous two weeks of contradictory and pissweak answers.

I stand with Plague.

Hail Griff!
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I feel sorry for any khunt on here who didn't grow up in the 1960's and early 1970's - you have absolutely no idea how great this country once was.
    Back then you could kick a ball around at half time at a VFL / AFL match. You could jump the fence at games end and mob your favourite players while they headed towards the change rooms for the standard post game beer and cigarette.

When you went to the cricket and could take in as many ESKYS full of beer you liked. When chicks would regularly get their gear off and run onto the field in an attempt to launch a modelling career .... and so on.

As for security ? What the **** is that ? It didn't exist. it didn't have to because people back then had a strong sense of community and looked out for each other.

These days it's the neo-liberalist politically correct bullshit being injected into peoples minds that's ****ing things up.

Could you image ten year olds walking down the main street of any Newcastle or Lake Macquarie suburb these days carrying Slug Guns or arm mounted slingshots ? Back in the 60's and 70's it happened all the time. You would carry your slug gun into the local newsagent to buy your .22 or .17 Winchester slugs ffs. Occasionally an adult would say something like you boys be careful - but usually people didn't say a word because kids back then looked after each other much like adults did around them.

Sure there were bad eggs back then but not even remotely close to the shit going down these days.

**** regulation - it simply does not work.

dunster the voice of bloody reason as usual

No mention of swimming pools?

Sorry but I can't be part of this.
    inflatables cover this

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    dunster the voice of bloody reason as usual
    And he's right...we are over policed now. Everytime something nasty happens there are new laws. Culture is just reacting to it.

Oh and when I refer to a nimby attitude just imagine how Sarah Hansen-Young lives her life then you'll be close.
    that fraud SHY is that "Jarmay" from Chris lilly fame. Full of pretentious turd. there are yr6 girls who have more nous

dont get me started on retarded secos who target people who have not done any wrong. Same turds let wsw fans waltz into the active.

Gallop constant talk of flares irritates me as much of abbott's ****ing favourite sentence: "We stopped the boat people"....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    inflatables cover this
    Ok I'm in

Just one caveat though, can the team be named after some sort of impressive machine/engineering feat/weapon of war cause that flyover was boss last weekend and we need more of that sort of nonsense please.

Thanks Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Gallop constant talk of flares irritates me
    I'd dare say he's sick of it too.

One way to fix it though innit?

Ok I'm in

Just one caveat though, can the team be named after some sort of impressive machine/engineering feat/weapon of war cause that flyover was boss last weekend and we need more of that sort of nonsense please.

Thanks Hawk.
    Newcastle supertankers. Imagine one of them coming up the drain.

Me and a mate heading down on the train Tomoz. Gonna be blind rotten drunk. Are we gonna be the only khunts there or whaaat? Who do we write to when we get dragged for spitting on seb ryall?

I'm still going down and gonna be in the away bay. Don't really like boycotting games

if i wasnt going down to the game and i am boycotting that i suppose i should go

I will be there but won't be in away bay

Those going, I encourage you to sit elsewhere in the ground other than the away bay.
    Go jetties

I'd dare say he's sick of it too.

One way to fix it though innit?
    Almost seems to simple a solution.

What timeline are boycotting groups expecting for FFA to implement the requested appeals process?

To be done to a standard even remotely close to an acceptable manner, February doesn't seem an unreadable time frame.

Consult with all fan groups, consult with Police from 5 states, tell hatamoto to **** off, work through legal implications, Formalise a plan, review it all, then table to to FFA board.

I get its all been empty promises and talk for so long, and after gallops first press conference this week he gave little detail or indication they'd listed to the messages from last weekend, but the Lowy/gallop press conference did a number of things - denounced the media coverage of this issue, admitted they got it wrong, explained some of the complexities surrounding confidentiality of evidence, and most importantly imposed a realistic timeline on themselves to come back with an answer.

Boycotting IMO wreaks of the rbb and NT and to lesser extent the cove trying to flex their muscle with the FFA and score another point in a fight they won last week.

Demanding a system be implemented immediately is unrealistic and boycotting because of it actually makes the active fan collective look petulant and unreasonable. Push too hard when the FFA have just given an indicator (the strongest one yet) that they are open to addressing the issue and you lose the support of the other fans..... And that's where this argument will be won.

The message of "we want a fair process" is being lost on the masses because the FFA have made a reasonable timeline public and the protests have only escalated.
    The message of "they've had 11 years to fix it" doesn't wash either - we all know they've done nothing in that time, some Actives even argue that this 11 years of no action is a reason behind the protests. So an acknowledgement that they've done nothing for 11 years makes the demand of an instant implementation of a complex system even more unreasonable.
    Take up an unreasonable position and ground will be lost.

Boycotts should have been called off IMO.

Boycotts can not continue beyond the week and I hope when in discussions with other groups about next week a more reasoned approach is promoted.

Again I understand the "it's all been empty promises in the past" argument, but if that's the reasoning behind the boycott then that position needs to be held till February at a minimum and by then active support will self implode if it doesn't already drown in a sea of negative media.

The Big picture is no longer about needing the FFA to implement a fair process (to the average joe, that ball is already rolling), it's now about active fans being seen as reasonable people with reasonable demands.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 04-12-2015 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    What timeline are boycotting groups expecting for FFA to implement the requested appeals process?

To be done to a standard even remotely close to an acceptable manner, February doesn't seem an unreadable time frame.

Consult with all fan groups, consult with Police from 5 states, tell hatamoto to **** off, work through legal implications, Formalise a plan, review it all, then table to to FFA board.

I get its all been empty promises and talk for so long, and after gallops first press conference this week he gave little detail or indication they'd listed to the messages from last weekend, but the Lowy/gallop press conference did a number of things - denounced the media coverage of this issue, admitted they got it wrong, explained some of the complexities surrounding confidentiality of evidence, and most importantly imposed a realistic timeline on themselves to come back with an answer.

Boycotting IMO wreaks of the rbb and NT and to lesser extent the cove trying to flex their muscle with the FFA and score another point in a fight they won last week.

Demanding a system be implemented immediately is unrealistic and boycotting because of it actually makes the active fan collective look petulant and unreasonable. Push too hard when the FFA have just given an indicator (the strongest one yet) that they are open to addressing the issue and you lose the support of the other fans..... And that's where this argument will be won.

The message of "we want a fair process" is being lost on the masses because the FFA have made a reasonable timeline public and the protests have only escalated.
    The message of "they've had 11 years to fix it" doesn't wash either - we all know they've done nothing in that time, some Actives even argue that this 11 years of no action is a reason behind the protests. So an acknowledgement that they've done nothing for 11 years makes the demand of an instant implementation of a complex system even more unreasonable.
    Take up an unreasonable position and ground will be lost.

Boycotts should have been called off IMO.

Boycotts can not continue beyond the week and I hope when in discussions with other groups about next week a more reasoned approach is promoted.

Again I understand the "it's all been empty promises in the past" argument, but if that's the reasoning behind the boycott then that position needs to be held till February at a minimum and by then active support will self implode if it doesn't already drown in a sea of negative media.

The Big picture is no longer about needing the FFA to implement a fair process (to the average joe, that ball is already rolling), it's now about active fans being seen as reasonable people with reasonable demands.
    Well said, i have to agree with this.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !