Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 216

Thread: FFA silliness: The protests and boycotts thread

  1. #101
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,368
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post




    This is 1982 see if you can spot the seccos or boutique cats piss beer in plastic cups..
    Great pic...what days! Saw more tits on that hill than at Pink Pussycat, saw mates have sex under rugs and once watched a guy devour a foam esky with his 12 beers and pound of prawns.

    Funny as shit, no cops, no seccos and nobody got hurt.

  2. #102
    in awe of baz GazFish35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    for those who refuse to pay attention I repeat - people who have been rightly banned for flares and violence are not the reason for the groups current stance regarding the banning process.
    I'm paying attention.
    So is plague.

    The reason there's an unjust banning process is because groups refuse to self police.
    If the next time a flare is lit in the rbb the bloke is frog marched out of there by other fans this whole issue goes away.
    Get the groups to stop glorifying flare use on social media and attracting attention to the dick heads and shit starts going away.

    If the argument truly is about wanting the FFA to do something about the innocent, active groups are gonna have to start doing something about the guilty so that the line between the two is easier to distinguish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

  3. #103
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,907
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    If the argument truly is about wanting the FFA to do something about the innocent, active groups are gonna have to start doing something about the guilty so that the line between the two is easier to distinguish.
    This is an excellent group of words.

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I'm paying attention.
    So is plague.

    The reason there's an unjust banning process is because groups refuse to self police.
    If the next time a flare is lit in the rbb the bloke is frog marched out of there by other fans this whole issue goes away.
    Get the groups to stop glorifying flare use on social media and attracting attention to the dick heads and shit starts going away.

    If the argument truly is about wanting the FFA to do something about the innocent, active groups are gonna have to start doing something about the guilty so that the line between the two is easier to distinguish.
    Nail.....head.

    End of the discussion right there.

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,388
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I'm paying attention.
    So is plague.

    The reason there's an unjust banning process is because groups refuse to self police.
    If the next time a flare is lit in the rbb the bloke is frog marched out of there by other fans this whole issue goes away.
    Get the groups to stop glorifying flare use on social media and attracting attention to the dick heads and shit starts going away.

    If the argument truly is about wanting the FFA to do something about the innocent, active groups are gonna have to start doing something about the guilty so that the line between the two is easier to distinguish.
    Nailed it Hammer Man.

  6. #106
    Occasional Podcaster furns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Branxton
    Posts
    4,940
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I'm paying attention.
    So is plague.

    The reason there's an unjust banning process is because groups refuse to self police.
    If the next time a flare is lit in the rbb the bloke is frog marched out of there by other fans this whole issue goes away.
    Get the groups to stop glorifying flare use on social media and attracting attention to the dick heads and shit starts going away.

    If the argument truly is about wanting the FFA to do something about the innocent, active groups are gonna have to start doing something about the guilty so that the line between the two is easier to distinguish.
    We can't do anything about how the rbb and NTC police their own members. However is worth noting that all the other groups do self police and have much less or none (as in the squadrons case) of these issues.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Theres a few issues running here.

    Nearly all those cvnts banned deserve it and are from the big 3 and thus who are running this boycott stuff. In some cases they want some their buff twat mates to get off, a couple are supposedly innocent and deserve a hearing.

    For us and all clubs we are concerned about if someone falls over a fence in celebration, or if someones beer ends up in the wrong place, or if someone god forbid stands on a seat we have a chance to explain what it was and receive a just consequence.

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    what a joke about self policing in the rbb. why would they be bothered to do that. the leaders are cvnts also
    Last edited by hawk; 05-12-2015 at 07:32 PM.

  9. #109
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,907
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    We can't do anything about how the rbb and NTC police their own members. However is worth noting that all the other groups do self police and have much less or none (as in the squadrons case) of these issues.
    Agree 100% you can't police the RBB etc but by standing with them to some it looks like you are supporting their behaviour.
    you just gave the answer to how the RBB can solve this issue. If 7/8 clubs can get it right why the **** can't these idiots take some advice from their peers and solve the problem themselves?

  10. #110
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Agree 100% you can't police the RBB etc but by standing with them to some it looks like you are supporting their behaviour.
    only if you have literally ignored countless explanations of why people are doing this
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  11. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    If 7/8 clubs can get it right why the **** can't these idiots take some advice from their peers and solve the problem themselves?
    see my answer

  12. #112
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,907
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    only if you have literally ignored countless explanations of why people are doing this
    Not ignoring.
    Just don't buy it.
    There's a difference.

    You honestly think that if the FFA comes out tomorrow and says "ok here's your appeals process exactly like you wanted" the idiot behaviour stops?
    Man, I'll take that bet with anyone.

    Good luck with it though, just remember to turn your lights off during earth hour to save the planet.

  13. #113
    in awe of baz GazFish35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    We can't do anything about how the rbb and NTC police their own members. However is worth noting that all the other groups do self police and have much less or none (as in the squadrons case) of these issues.


    Yes you can.
    We can boycott the boycott until they start showing they're genuine when they say they are against anti-social behavior.... They've been arguing actions speak louder than words - its all rhetoric until they start effectively self policing.

    They bang on about unity, if 7/10 clubs have actives who aren't causing major issues, and are self policing, then the other three need to change their own culture.

    Get the other 6 to boycott the boycott and return to the games in full voice and good behavior next week and offer support to the other three when they show they are serious about weeding out the guilty from the innocent amongst their own.


    Otherwise we are just being used as a pawn in an ego game between three fan groups and the FFA.
    We're fighting a fight that isn't ours, because we've already started the hard work the other three refuse to.
    If they're claiming is about protecting innocent fans... I'll say it again, they to do more to differentiate the guilty from the innocent.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 05-12-2015 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

  14. #114
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    You honestly think that if the FFA comes out tomorrow and says "ok here's your appeals process exactly like you wanted" the idiot behaviour stops?
    Man, I'll take that bet with anyone.
    yeah i don't think anyone has said that either
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

    he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully itís the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

  15. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Yes you can.
    We can boycott the boycott until they start showing they're genuine when they say they are against anti-social behavior.... They've been arguing actions speak louder than words - its all rhetoric until they start effectively self policing.

    They bang on about unity, if 7/10 clubs have actives who aren't causing major issues, and are self policing, then the other three need to change their own culture.

    Get the other 6 to boycott the boycott and return to the games in full voice and good behavior next week and offer support to the other three when they show they are serious about weeding out the guilty from the innocent amongst their own.


    Otherwise we are just being used as a pawn in an ego game between three fan groups and the FFA.
    We're fighting a fight that isn't ours, because we've already started the hard work the other three refuse to.
    If they're claiming is about protecting innocent fans... I'll say it again, they to do more to differentiate the guilty from the innocent.
    And this is exactly how I see it. The remainder of the groups outside the RBB, NT and a lesser extent the cove, are being taken for a ride here by the RBB and NT. And in doing so, they are dragging their own image down.

    I don't see the active support from the Jets, Glory, Adelaide, Mariners, Roar, etc represented in anyway similar numbers to the aforementioned groups. I don't see regular issues from any of these groups. The RBB and NT have done nothing in the past to show they want to stop the shit, but cry when security comes down on them. Tough shit, come to the table like you expect the FFA to and start cleaning up your act. If they want some leadership, its time to show some leadership beyond taking your bat and ball and ****ing off home.

    The FFA could put in the best appeals process ever tomorrow, and the same shit will still carry on from those groups and they will still complain about security/police etc. If they clean up their act, the rest falls into place.

  16. #116
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,907
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    yeah i don't think anyone has said that either
    Your assists in this thread have been Broich-like.
    I commend you on your execution.

  17. #117
    Senior Member Blackmac79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,932
    Worthwhile reading in the SMH today about the meeting that will take place with ALL supporters clubs on a range of issues, and that there will also be a meeting with the ffa and those on the same day.

    Dillon's write up however misses the point and continues to show his own bias against active supporters that he has held for a long time.

    I am vary wary of boycotts. However I am fairly sick of the FFA utilising us as advertising material and then treating us like second class citizens, or allowing us to be treated as such. We may not have the same issues in Newcastle as in the RBB or NT, but Too often it security/police etc. treat us as though we have already committed a crime just for being at the football.

    The issues extends beyond the 198 and the issue of bans, but tithe fact that you can be banned unjustly because of the presumption of guilt that is placed on you for going to the football.
    Last edited by Blackmac79; 06-12-2015 at 12:38 PM.
    Go jetties

  18. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,030
    Reduce the number of police and security at games and the only difference will be less shit going down and more people enjoying themselves. Never in my life have I been thankful that police or seccos have been present at any sporting fixtures - and I've been to plenty.
    Their presence only fuels the anger and anti-social behaviour - which a lot of the time they crave. I have seen seccos and police take some guy down who'd be lucky to be 80kg ringing wet and then be fist pumping each other about it. Ridiculous.

    I have never felt uncomfortable at a game because of any fans behaviour but on many occasions the behaviour of police and security I have found to be overly aggressive and not warranted.

    You get the odd good cop or secco but the system usually weeds them out pretty quickly in favour of the narcissistic types we often see at A-League fixtures.

  19. #119
    Senior Member Blackmac79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,932
    Go jetties

  20. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Yes, I read that one earlier today, goes much further into depth at the issues then Dillon's half-baked attempt in yesterdays herald which only scraped the surface. Haven't been on the Foz for a few days and have come back on today and have to say that it's disappointing that there are many on here with opinions based on looking at the issues from one small angle. Come on fellas lift your game, at the flick of a button nowadays you can do a little bit of research and fact-finding and have a read from people who really know their stuff on why it has come to this.....fighting within

    FFA CEO David Gallop back on probation with fans after failing to defend the game
    Mike Cockerill
    http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/f...03-glf70k.html

    Here's another good read from Dave Davutovic
    How FFA scored 32 own goals in 18 months and CEO David Gallop still kept his job
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/footbal...d8ac804ddf9e3a

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •