Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Competition Restructure 2017

Competition Restructure 2017

There has been a fair bit of talk in other threads especially newfm so i thought i would start a new thread to discuss .
    Whai is everyone else's opinion. I honestly think that come 2017 there will no longer be a newfm competition . The Npl needs to move to a minimum of a 12 team competition because atm an 18 round competition is simply too short for our premier league in nnsw. I think nnsw will keep the current 10 teams and promote the best next 2 candidates, whether that be Lakes,Cooks Hill,Wallsend, Kahibah or South Cardiff. I think these 12 teams will receive 3-5 year licences and then we will have divisions 1-5 with automatic promotion and relegation throughout these 5 divisions with the only criteria being you win your division you get promoted ( except Division 1 up to npl ) and if you come last you are relegated.
    After npl licence runs out in 3-5 years then have in place specific criteria for a club to be promoted from Division 1 to Npl

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    There has been a fair bit of talk in other threads especially newfm so i thought i would start a new thread to discuss .
    Whai is everyone else's opinion. I honestly think that come 2017 there will no longer be a newfm competition . The Npl needs to move to a minimum of a 12 team competition because atm an 18 round competition is simply too short for our premier league in nnsw. I think nnsw will keep the current 10 teams and promote the best next 2 candidates, whether that be Lakes,Cooks Hill,Wallsend, Kahibah or South Cardiff. I think these 12 teams will receive 3-5 year licences and then we will have divisions 1-5 with automatic promotion and relegation throughout these 5 divisions with the only criteria being you win your division you get promoted ( except Division 1 up to npl ) and if you come last you are relegated.
    After npl licence runs out in 3-5 years then have in place specific criteria for a club to be promoted from Division 1 to Npl
    No relegation next year

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    No relegation next year

Wonder if that means clubs wont spend 100k a year to win 15k and also avoid relegation, might actually blood some youth players rather then over pay club hopping has beens ?

Bit unfair for the NewFM clubs who would have been pushing promotion and have recruited heavily. Maybe with the restructure for 2017, doesn't matter who wins.

The amount of competition reviews and shake ups that have happened in this league over the past 10+ years is ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    The amount of competition reviews and shake ups that have happened in this league over the past 10+ years is ridiculous!
    Can teams still win promotion but?

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Wonder if that means clubs wont spend 100k a year to win 15k and also avoid relegation, might actually blood some youth players rather then over pay club hopping has beens ?
    It's not just the old heads that want more money. The ridiculous amounts young players are asking for are stoking the fire possibly more than the older players. Players under the age of 22 demanding almost $400 per game with win bonus is insane.

Not sure of promoting youth is a sure fire way to lower the expenses bill all that much.

Its the 25 to 32 year olds that win comps anyway IMO. You cant do without that age bracket of players if you want to do well IMO. Young guys are hot and cold.

Also you only get 99MIL pounds for winning the EPL that's with TV rights as well if i remember correctly. They all have operating expenses of 350MIL for the big boys. Of course this doesn't factor in Europe. But those clubs are operating at losses until you factor in ticket and commercial deals (transfers can sway things obviously). Somewhat similar to the state league here. Not the exact same, but similar.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    It's not just the old heads that want more money. The ridiculous amounts young players are asking for are stoking the fire possibly more than the older players. Players under the age of 22 demanding almost $400 per game with win bonus is insane.

Not sure of promoting youth is a sure fire way to lower the expenses bill all that much.

Its the 25 to 32 year olds that win comps anyway IMO. You cant do without that age bracket of players if you want to do well IMO. Young guys are hot and cold.

Also you only get 99MIL pounds for winning the EPL that's with TV rights as well if i remember correctly. They all have operating expenses of 350MIL for the big boys. Of course this doesn't factor in Europe. But those clubs are operating at losses until you factor in ticket and commercial deals (transfers can sway things obviously). Somewhat similar to the state league here. Not the exact same, but similar.
    While some clubs keep feeding them, they are going to keep asking for it

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    While some clubs keep feeding them, they are going to keep asking for it
    How would you still be successful whilst not paying high wages? these guys just shop themselves around. How would you get around this issue if you were running a club?

NPL
    1. Edgeworth
    2. Lambton
    3. Hamilton
    4. Broadmeadow
    5. Weston
    6. Adamstown
    7. Jets
    8. Maitland
    9. Charlestown
    10. Valentine

NewFM
    1. South Cardiff
    2. Lake Macquarie
    3. Wallsend
    4. Kahibah
    5. Singleton
    6. Belswans
    7. Cooks Hill
    8. Thornton
    9. Toronto
    10. Cessnock
    11. West Wallsend

ZPL
    1. Beresfield
    2. Newcastle Suns
    3. Swansea
    4. Cardiff City
    5. New Lambton Eagles
    6. Uni Men's
    7. Mayfield
    8. Dudley Redhead
    9. Garden Suburbs
    10. Morriset United

ZL1
    1. Barnsley
    2. Cooks Hill United
    3. Warners Bay
    4. Stockton
    5. Kotara South
    6. Charlestown
    7. Jesmond
    8. Beresfield
    9. Nelsons Bay
    10. Raymond Terrace

ZL2
    1. Westlakes
    2. Uni Men's
    3. Hamilton Olympic
    4. Hunter Simba
    5. Kurri Kurri
    6. Medowie
    7. Merewether
    8. Maryland
    9. Muswellbrook
    10. Wallsend

ZL3
    1. Tenambit Sharks
    2. Dudley Redhead
    3. New Lambton
    4. RAAF
    5. Kahibah
    6. Edgeworth
    7. Abermain
    8. Mayfield
    9. Jesmond?
    10. Hamilton Azzuri?
    11. Bolwarra?
    12. Argenton?

With possibly around 63 teams next season there is a definite need for 6 Divisons in 2017.

Probably a 12 team NPL and 5 Zone Leagues with 10 in each.

Current Eligible NPL Teams
    12 (Adamstown, Charlestown, Edgeworth, Jets, Lakes, Lambton, Magic, Maitland, Olympic, South Cardiff, Valentine, Weston)

New Teams that may take up licence
    2 (Cooks Hill, Wallsend)

That would make 14 teams would they run 1 14 team comp or 2 divisions of 8 & 6

Or would there be any team interested in joining the 14 with all the extra work the volunteers will be required to do to Run both Junior and Senior NPL.
    (Belmont Swansea, Cessnock, Kahibah, Mid North Coast, Singleton, Tamworth Region, Thornton, Toronto, West Wallsend - Any Zone League Teams)

please tell me where all these kids are coming from to fill 14 npl youth sides, there's hardly enough talent as it is with out adding to this

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    please tell me where all these kids are coming from to fill 14 npl youth sides, there's hardly enough talent as it is with out adding to this
    Not sure I agree with this. The kids are out there, the issue may be that clubs want to make the grand final in all age groups, and hence you have a concentration of "talent" in a handfull of clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Not sure I agree with this. The kids are out there, the issue may be that clubs want to make the grand final in all age groups, and hence you have a concentration of "talent" in a handfull of clubs.
    so your saying there would be and lets use 15 year olds. Ex: 224 plus kids for 14 teams at 16/team.
    handful of talent held by certain clubs will not change, especially when clubs go knocking of the doors and are offering all sorts of deals to come play with the big teams and win GF's etc.
    your dreaming.....
    please tell us all how you would divide the players between clubs to produce a fair and just comp.....

I've been told that the U/18's, U/20's (4 over age field players plus 1 keeper) and First Grade will 100% be in next season. This is backward step in my opinion if it's true.

19's, 22's and First Grade isn't perfect but it's acceptable. The 18's and 20's is over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    so your saying there would be and lets use 15 year olds. Ex: 224 plus kids for 14 teams at 16/team.
    handful of talent held by certain clubs will not change, especially when clubs go knocking of the doors and are offering all sorts of deals to come play with the big teams and win GF's etc.
    your dreaming.....
    please tell us all how you would divide the players between clubs to produce a fair and just comp.....
    I got lost in your calculations. I'd say without even looking to see who won grand finals most of the "better" kids are playing either at magic, jets and olympic. (not in any order) One thing I can say based on last few years results, Jaffers in seniors have been up there, but in juniors have been no where.
    I agree with you that I cannot come up with a system that spreads the talent around, maybe NNSWF should come up with something.

Its great to have a solid ZL3. finally building up the ZL's

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I've been told that the U/18's, U/20's (4 over age field players plus 1 keeper) and First Grade will 100% be in next season. This is backward step in my opinion if it's true.

19's, 22's and First Grade isn't perfect but it's acceptable. The 18's and 20's is over the top.
    I agree 100%. The standard of the possible 20's will be terrible IMO. We don't live in Sydney where there is at least 4 times the talent to pick from.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    I agree 100%. The standard of the possible 20's will be terrible IMO. We don't live in Sydney where there is at least 4 times the talent to pick from.
    Don't be so fast to dismiss this idea.
    I watched a fair bit of NewFM this year and IMO it was very obvious the 19s competition was of a higher technical standard than the 23s.
    I can't comment on NPL but the NewFM 23s comp in 2015 was a bit of a no mans land comp - players not good enough for NewFM fist grade but too old for 19s.

The argument that NNSWF are putting forward is that the 22s/23s comp is not elite therefore should not exist.

Yes I understand that your long term club players will be playing 22s/23s and that they are the backbone of the Club.
    So why cant clubs have ZL3 teams or All Age to cater for these players rather than pretending they are elite?

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    Don't be so fast to dismiss this idea.
    I watched a fair bit of NewFM this year and IMO it was very obvious the 19s competition was of a higher technical standard than the 23s.
    I can't comment on NPL but the NewFM 23s comp in 2015 was a bit of a no mans land comp - players not good enough for NewFM fist grade but too old for 19s.

The argument that NNSWF are putting forward is that the 22s/23s comp is not elite therefore should not exist.

Yes I understand that your long term club players will be playing 22s/23s and that they are the backbone of the Club.
    So why cant clubs have ZL3 teams or All Age to cater for these players rather than pretending they are elite?

Just a thought.
    Is NewFM meant to be considered elite? It's a third tier comp in Australia, no one should think the players in the reserves side are elite.