Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Competition Restructure 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    That's a decent idea if it is able to be done.
    What is the requirement for the Zone League clubs? Is it 3 grades? if so I think it makes it very difficult to have the Zone League side that has been thrown about.
    ZPL and ZL1 have 3 teams
    ZL2 and ZL3 have 2 teams.

Maybe just have 1 team division that acts as a 2nd Division "open" league. It would allow clubs to hold onto these mid 20 year olds who want to stay at their lifelong club and not play ZL for someone else, it also would accomodate juniors as well who miss the cut in the 20s and 18s teams.

18's, Open Grade, 20's & First Grade on same day? Or push the 18's back to the NPL Youth days and have Open, 20's and 1st's?

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I'm not certain on the details now but I'm sure when the Zone Leagues started 5-6 years ago players could be duel registered if the two teams came under the same club. What is Stopping any NPL club duel resisting a ZL player to call them up when needed or a U/18 player so you can put him in ZL 1st grade if you want him to play with older heads?

Edit: Again I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure Cooks Hill have been doing something similar to this for a few years now.
    NPL cant use any player other what they have. Duel rego is I believe out of the question.

Correct me if I'm wrong, NPL and there junior NPL sides plus grade, cant dual rego players or have other teams within there licence.

help please, cookers would have been doing ZL 3 to ZPL, but it wold have changed this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    NPL cant use any player other what they have. Duel rego is I believe out of the question.

Correct me if I'm wrong, NPL and there junior NPL sides plus grade, cant dual rego players or have other teams within there licence.

help please, cookers would have been doing ZL 3 to ZPL, but it wold have changed this year.
    I know you can dual register between All Age and O/35s to Zone Leagues.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    completely separate registration for NEW FM to the rest of the club (zone, AA/35s, juniors) — NEW FM register through NNSW, the rest through Newcastle Football

we're not allowed to dual register NEW FM with other competitions so the option to borrow players from lower grades that's possible from AA to zone isn't possible anymore

Retro can probably provide more detail

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Our development of NSL or HAL level and Soccerroos players gave been shit for years

You have to back 15-20 years to find much of note in Middleby and Zane

Before that you had your Lowes Baartzs Maier's Tredinnicjs etc

Recent years we have barely had national league players

As for this thought on these experienced players playing reserve grade. This 5 player concession to me is a cop out and should be scrapped

If blokes are not good enough for first grade play in the Zone leagues

Why exactly is the not good enough players really part of the discussion here.???

If they are good enough they are playing at higher level. If you ain't good enough you find your level and okay zone or all age

No free handouts in life

As for the experienced players why are the coaches and senior first grade players doing???

Are they not able to mentor the kids???
    Here are another lot of names to add to your list....Soper, Jennings, Jones, Halpin, Pryce, Roberts of players who came from this area who came through in the 80's and 90's and were either Socceroos or played many years at the top level in the NSL.
    We really got to have a long hard look at our coaching methods in NNSW because the last 15 years paint a sorry picture of the lack of developing quality players from this region. The last 10 years or so we have produced the likes of Boogaard, Kanta, Hoffman, decent enough players but nowhere near the quality we had in the 80's and 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Here are another lot of names to add to your list....Soper, Jennings, Jones, Halpin, Pryce, Roberts of players who came from this area who came through in the 80's and 90's and were either Socceroos or played many years at the top level in the NSL.
    We really got to have a long hard look at our coaching methods in NNSW because the last 15 years paint a sorry picture of the lack of developing quality players from this region. The last 10 years or so we have produced the likes of Boogaard, Kanta, Hoffman, decent enough players but nowhere near the quality we had in the 80's and 90's.
    To be a valid comparison Soper, Jennings and Jones left Newcastle when either nobody wanted them or an early age and developed their careers whilst in Sydney. Jennings went from Rosebud to Olympic very early as a twenty year old, Soper went from
    Stuart & Lloyds agains early on, Jones I do not know but made his name playing for Sydney Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Australia in general developed better quality players in the 80's and 90's than it has in recent years. It's not a NNSWF specific thing at all - it is an Australia wide issue.

You need only look at the 2006 Socceroos squad to know that.

Overall, the A-league is the issue more so than NNSWF.

Look at England - Player development there is a complete joke since the EPL commenced.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Australia in general developed better quality players in the 80's and 90's than it has in recent years. It's not a NNSWF specific thing at all - it is an Australia wide issue.

You need only look at the 2006 Socceroos squad to know that.

Overall, the A-league is the issue more so than NNSWF.

Look at England - Player development there is a complete joke since the EPL commenced.
    Haha get your hand of it Dinosaur, remind me how good the national team done through 80's and 90's?

"Back in my day" yeah ok Grandad time to get back to the bingo hall.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Haha get your hand of it Dinosaur, remind me how good the national team done through 80's and 90's?

"Back in my day" yeah ok Grandad time to get back to the bingo hall.
    Developed . The 2006 Socceroos players were products of the 80's and 90's.

Hence the reference to the 2006 Socceroos.

The NSL clubs did it better than the A-league clubs do when it comes to development of young talent.

Nothing to do with back in my day - It's simply a fact.

You must be the only person on this forum who thinks that the 2006 socceroos are weaker than the current team - Because that's what you are implying.

Have a look at the 2006 Squad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_F...rld_Cup_squads

Most were born in the early 1970's and hence would have been developed in the 1980's and early 1990's.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-12-2015 at 04:30 PM.

So what was it that was done differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    So what was it that was done differently?
    Back then if you weren't approaching world class you didn't play football for a living.
    These days Cameron Watson makes a living playing football.

The rest goes well beyond football and would probably be more the domain of Anthropologists, sociologists, and psychologists than football people.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-12-2015 at 07:24 PM.

So it wasnt that coaching was any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    So it wasnt that coaching was any better?
    I think the average player now is much better than the average player was twenty years ago as they were better than the generations before them.

But when it comes to the best players, I think that's where the big problems are.

Today, we waste too much time and effort on kids that are never going to make it to the highest level.

In the past clubs and dare I say it communities got behind the most talented kids and did everything in their power to help the kids progress.

Today, every cashed up parent thinks they can buy their kid a ticket into the EPL and in the process they will sabotage the kids who actually do have a shot be it inadvertently or on purpose.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-12-2015 at 10:09 PM.

In restructures there will always be winners and losers. I hope West Wallsend get back to the top tier again.