Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yoof 15/16

Yoof 15/16

So I headed out to watch the yoof derby at 10AM!!!! on a Sunday (probably the only time i'll ever be up that early on a Sunday)

We smacked a terrible mariners youth team 3-0 and here are some things I picked up on

- all stubbins signings will never get near the first team. Marlow and Barresi are not cut out for HAL. Marlow was slow, had no communication especially when he was the senior CB on the park and for a bloke who was on the bench some games for Sydney last year he really didn't show anything special. Barresi was an improvement on Marlow but not much better, he beats the first bloke very easily (that wasn't hard yesterday) and has a very good touch, but his vision for a centre mid/attacking mid is poor, the simple pass he played fine but any difficult ball went to the keeper or open space with no one chasing. Would have loved to have seen him pre-acl but post acl I don't think he is going to cut it.

- Cooper/lundy/paiwak were 3 steps ahead of every other player on the park. Cooper shouldn't be playing youth and should be getting minutes off the bench in the HAL, Lundy is absolute dynamite and imo just needs a couple of weeks getting minutes in the senior side and he may make it (he is ridiculously quick), Paiwak was so calm on the ball and stood out with how much he communicated with other players, especially being the smallest on the park. I don't know if he can make the step up but he impresses me greatly.

- Finally Magic park youth days <<<<<<<<<<<< Adamstown park youth days. I remember going on sunday afternoons out to Adamstown park and there use to be a couple of hundred people just having a couple of cans and enjoying the games. the whole senior squad used to come and watch. Your hammas and other foz faces would have 20 tins and heckle the young scrawny youth keeper (nothing serious) and tell the senior player playing down that he wasn't fit for even the youth team. Yesterday probably 90% in attendance were family. Home youth games should be moved to a time to let people come and watch and they may even make some form of an income off it.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

So after watching the game on the weekend, I decided to write a match report seeing as no-one at the club did:

The Newcastle Jets have earned their first win in Conference B of the Foxtel National Youth League season with a 3-0 win against the Central Coast Mariners at Magic Park.

Newcastle made the perfect start in the 3rd minute when captain Andrew Pawiak intercepted a poor clearance from Mariners goalkeeper Adam Pearce. Pawiak picked out Mitch Cooper on the edge of the box, who fired a low drive into the bottom corner past a diving Pearce.

The Mariners were dealt another blow in the 23rd minute when influential midfielder Anthony Kalik was forced off due to an injury. Despite the early double setback, Central Coast found their way into the game and enjoyed extended spells of possession.

Newcastle almost doubled their advantage ten minutes before the break, when winger Brandon Lundy cut in from the left hand side of the box and fired a low drive towards the bottom left corner, which Pearce met with a diving fingertip save to divert the ball around the post to ensure the game remained in the balance at the break.

Despite the Jets dominating second half possession, the Mariners would have been level on the hour mark if not for a sharp right handed reflex save from keeper Blake Tuxford. Lachlan Wales was found in space on the right on a narrow angle and took the chance quickly, which Tuxford did well to push over the crossbar.

Newcastle doubled their advantage in the 71st minute when Cooper sprung the offside trap to go 1 on 1 with Pearce. Cooper knocked the ball around the Mariners keeper before being brought down before he could tap into an empty net. Pearce was perhaps lucky to see only a yellow card, however from the resulting spot kick, Lundy calmly sent the keeper the wrong way with a low strike to the bottom right of the goal.

The points were sealed two minutes later when Newcastle broke quickly on the right through Lundy, who carried the ball 50 yards before squaring to midfielder Josh Barresi who had the simplest of tasks to finish the move.

The Jets almost made it four late in the game when substitute Cody Carroll forced another top class save from Pearce.

The result sees the Jets climb to second in conference B, while the Mariners slide to the foot of the table behind the FFA Centre of Excellence on goal difference.

The Jets are in action this Sunday night against leaders Sydney FC away at Lambert Park, while the Mariners have a week off with the bye.

Newcastle Jets Youth 3 (Cooper 3’, Lundy 71’ (pen), Barresi 73’)
    Central Coast Mariners Youth 0
    At Magic Park, Newcastle.

Newcastle Jets: 1. Blake Tuxford (GK), 2. Ben Hay, 3. Thomas Whiteside, 5. Caio De Godoy, 6. Josh Barresi, 7. Brandon Lundy, 8. Andrew Pawiak (C), 9. Kristian Brymora, 10. Mitch Cooper, 11. Charles Horsley, 15. Themba Muata-Marlow.

Substitutes: 12. Finn Parris, 14. Cody Carroll, 16. Adam Cawley.
    Unused Substitutes: 20. Bon Scott (GK).

Central Coast Mariners: 1. Adam Pearce, 2. Brian Jamba, 3. Joshua Forbes, 4. Tomislav Uskok, 5. Marcus Duncan, 6. Reece Papadimitrios (C), 7. Lachlan Wales, 8. Adam Berry, 9. Trent Buhagiar, 10. Anthony Kalik, 11. Ryan Peterson.

Substitutes: 12. Daniel Macfarlane, 13. Marley Peterson, 14. Steve Whyte.
    Unused Substitutes: 20. Kane Runge (GK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonty View Post
    So after watching the game on the weekend, I decided to write a match report seeing as no-one at the club did:
    From where I was watching Cooper was at least 2 meters offside but as they say only offside if the flag goes up.

Good job mate. Attention Furns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Great match report. Well done.

Banned
    Not good to see there are 3 kids in that Gypo team who have left the EJ program

One I would say no great loss either way

The other two though should be in the Program so questions have to be asked as to why??

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Great match report. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Good job mate. Attention Furns!
    Cheers lads.

Ncl 2 Syd 1 at Lambert Pk tonight NYL. Lundy on target.

COACH Clayton Zane could not recall a better performance after the Newcastle Jets came back from a goal down to beat leaders Sydney FC 2-1 in the National Youth League clash at Lambert Park on Sunday night.

Alex Mullen, one of four A-League squad players on the Sydney teamsheet, put the home-side ahead in the 8th minute when he capitalised on a turnover from Andrew Pawiak.

The Jets hit back through Brandon Lundy, who finished off a swift counter attack, in the 16th minute and took the lead on the stroke of half-time courtesy of Cody Carroll.

The Sky Blues had the better of possession in the second half but couldn’t break through a resolute Jets defence.

Starting his first game in the no.10 role, Carroll was outstanding and just shaded Pawiak, who recovered from his early mistake to boss the midfield.

“It was a fantastic performance all-round, probably the best I have been involved in,” Zane said.

“Sydney put out a very strong side. They had Zac Anderson, Chris Naumoff, Robert Stambolziev and Aaron Calver who have played plenty of A-League football.

“We had a couple with A-League experience but it is predominantly a young team.

“The pitch was synthetic and they wet it beforehand which made it really slick. It took the boys a little while to adjust.

“Cody Carroll deserves special mention. He is an out-an-out 10 and is an interesting one for the future. He is quite quick and makes runs in behind but he can also pick out a pass.

“I was pleased with Andrew Pawiak as well. He was at fault for the first game, but his reaction was first class.

“Defensively he was strong and his ball distribution was top notch.”

The win moved the Jets to seven points, two adrift of Sydney FC, who were unbeaten before Sunday night.
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/35...flyers-sydney/

Hey y'all, I've done a preview of tomorrow afternoon's NYL game against the FFA Centre of Excellence (Formerly AIS):

The Newcastle Jets Youth will be looking to end the weekend on top of Conference B of the Foxtel National Youth League when they take on the FFA Centre of Excellence at Magic Park, Broadmeadow on Saturday afternoon.

Newcastle will be brimming with confidence after an impressive 2-1 victory away to the previously undefeated Sydney FC on Sunday night which coach Clayton Zane labelled “probably the best” performance he had been involved in. As the Sky Blues have the week off with the bye, the second placed Jets have the chance to jump to the summit at the end of the week.

Despite propping up the table in Conference B, and a 3-1 defeat to a 10-man Western Sydney Wanderers last weekend, the CoE will provide stern competition to Newcastle’s table-topping aspirations. The CoE emerged victorious against the Jets last time out as they overturned a two goal half time deficit to score the winner from the penalty spot in the sixth minute of second half stoppage time to record a 4-3 victory. Captain Joe Caletti and midfielder Nicholas Panetta will provide the greatest threats to Newcastle, as they will look to control the game from midfield. The Australian U/17 World Cup representatives were instrumental in the corresponding clash in Canberra, with Panetta scoring a second half hat-trick in the space of six minutes.

Another one to watch for the visitors is CoE’s Novocastrian striker, Cameron Joice, who is a graduate of the Emerging Jets program. The Joeys striker who started 3 out of 4 games at the recent U/17 World Cup in Chile is reported to be keen to return to his home town, but not before doing some damage to the club who he hopes to represent next season following the conclusion of his scholarship, which expires at the end of the current campaign. Zane will have one eye on bringing Joice to the club next season, but his immediate focus will be shutting down the young striker on Saturday.

Newcastle will have midfielder and co-captain Andrew Pawiak available for this clash, who missed the 4-3 defeat in the capital due to commitments with Newcastle’s A-League matchday squad in a 1-1 draw against the Central Coast Mariners at Hunter Stadium. Pawiak will be a welcome addition to face the CoE for the first time this season, as the Jets look to nullify the influence Caletti and Panetta will exert on this match.

The Jets have an in-form attacking threat of their own, with Brandon Lundy instrumental in games against Western Sydney Wanderers, Central Coast Mariners and Sydney FC. The winger has 4 goals in 3 NYL matches this season and will be one that the CoE need to keep a close eye on if they are to dent Newcastle’s title hopes. Like Pawiak, Lundy was an unused substitute in the A-League on the same weekend as the reverse fixture against the CoE, and also missed Newcastle's only NYL defeat so far this season.

Last Time They Met: 15 November 2015, Australian Institute of Sport Fields, Canberra.

FFA CoE 4 (Panetta 56’, 58 (pen)’, 62’, Dimitroff (pen) 90+6’) Newcastle Jets Youth 3 (Brymora 8’, Crowley 43, 90+3)

Tip: NEW 3-1 CoE.
    After knocking over competition favourites Sydney FC away from home, Newcastle will be too up for this one to throw away the chance to end the weekend as #1, knowing a defeat could be fatal to their chances of grand final qualification in late January. They will have learned a lot from losing from a seemingly unlosable position in Canberra and combined with returning fringe A-League players, should be too strong for the CoE.

Newcastle Jets Youth vs FFA Centre of Excellence – Magic Park, Broadmeadow – 4pm Saturday 12 December, 2015. Free Entry.

Hey y'all, I've done a preview of tomorrow afternoon's NYL game against the FFA Centre of Excellence (Formerly AIS):
    Great work Jonty.

Seriously, let's get this posted on the front page.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Cheers Jeterpool. It's such a shame that the club does such minimal reporting on the NYL team.

Cheers Jeterpool. It's such a shame that the club does such minimal reporting on the NYL team.
    It is, but to defend them, they don't really have the resources to much else than the minimum. If you are interested, you could submit your reports to the club and get them published. I do that with the stats and Ben O'Neill uses them for website content. It's all voluntary but I see it as contributing to the club. But in saying that, I provide much more information to this website because this was where it all started for me (regarding the stats and previews) and not all of the facts are a great look for the team (such as our records against Perth in Perth) so I am selective, but anything Ben wants he knows he can just come and grab it off here or ask me directly.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 11-12-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    It is, but to defend them, they don't really have the resources to much else than the minimum. If you are interested, you could submit your reports to the club and get them published. I do that with the stats and Ben O'Neill uses them for website content. It's all voluntary but I see it as contributing to the club. But in saying that, I provide much more information to this website because this was where it all started for me (regarding the stats and previews).
    to back up jeterpool

the club has 1 media bloke for all 3 Newcastle jets teams.

you should tweet the club directly if you have twitter tag newy boys and we will back you up on it.

any help they can get you would be surprised that they are pretty grateful for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Suggestions noted. Cheers guys.

Jonty - if you are interested to do a match review after each game I can set you up with a login on the front of the website of you are keen.
    I would also love it, if anyone else was interested, to have match review articles on the front page for the aleague and w league games also

If this is something we can do to get more content - I will have to rejig the front page design again lol
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Furns, that'd be great. I'd be happy to do a preview/review of each YL game.

wheres the yoof draw?

here it is lazy cunce
    http://www.y-league.com.au/results

get down to a game

Saw the kids play today against the ffa Centre of Excellence. Who are they kidding, Zane's boys had their measure

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Saw the kids play today against the ffa Centre of Excellence. Who are they kidding, Zane's boys had their measure
    Left at half time. Didnt miss anything by the sounds.
    Go jetties