So I headed out to watch the yoof derby at 10AM!!!! on a Sunday (probably the only time i'll ever be up that early on a Sunday)

We smacked a terrible mariners youth team 3-0 and here are some things I picked up on

- all stubbins signings will never get near the first team. Marlow and Barresi are not cut out for HAL. Marlow was slow, had no communication especially when he was the senior CB on the park and for a bloke who was on the bench some games for Sydney last year he really didn't show anything special. Barresi was an improvement on Marlow but not much better, he beats the first bloke very easily (that wasn't hard yesterday) and has a very good touch, but his vision for a centre mid/attacking mid is poor, the simple pass he played fine but any difficult ball went to the keeper or open space with no one chasing. Would have loved to have seen him pre-acl but post acl I don't think he is going to cut it.

- Cooper/lundy/paiwak were 3 steps ahead of every other player on the park. Cooper shouldn't be playing youth and should be getting minutes off the bench in the HAL, Lundy is absolute dynamite and imo just needs a couple of weeks getting minutes in the senior side and he may make it (he is ridiculously quick), Paiwak was so calm on the ball and stood out with how much he communicated with other players, especially being the smallest on the park. I don't know if he can make the step up but he impresses me greatly.

- Finally Magic park youth days <<<<<<<<<<<< Adamstown park youth days. I remember going on sunday afternoons out to Adamstown park and there use to be a couple of hundred people just having a couple of cans and enjoying the games. the whole senior squad used to come and watch. Your hammas and other foz faces would have 20 tins and heckle the young scrawny youth keeper (nothing serious) and tell the senior player playing down that he wasn't fit for even the youth team. Yesterday probably 90% in attendance were family. Home youth games should be moved to a time to let people come and watch and they may even make some form of an income off it.