Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 10 | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne City | Sunday 13/12/15 ko 515pm

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    As an occasional supporter of the Jets, I was unaware of these mooted moves. They're two of my three favourite Newy players. I'll definitely switch clubs if this happens.
    back to the gypos i guess

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Carney losing the ball then staying on the ground while City countered to score their 2nd goal of the day was enough for me.
    with keystone cops defending why should Carney bother.

And all this talk of positional change is a larf. If you move a sloth in for a goose, then a donkey over for a slug you wont change sh*t. Not that our whole squad is bad but if we can get a few more top notch players (sif) then we could start being bothered to talk positions imo.

I asked the great (Long time Feyenoord's fan) Timmy V on FB what did he think of us signing Leo?... His answer regarding Leo's time at Feyenoord was: Yeah bit of a flop tbh....... Timmy knew........
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

What is wrong with Enver?.....he has been terrible!!!!.....Not to mention the other Serbian!!!
    The Macedonian has done ok, but thank god a Croatian is in the mix to help out..........but we really miss the "Albanian"....! untitled.png
    I think we should sign a couple of Bosnians in January
    Last edited by lquiquer; 14-12-2015 at 07:42 PM.
    Dare to Zlatan

If I was Carney I would take the $$$ and **** off to Qatar... And if I was Leaky I'll do the the same, can't refuse Ulsan...
    Dare to Zlatan

Carney and Leo are potentially dangerous with the ball, but are diabolical without it. The Jets cannot afford to have both players on the park at the same time- there is too much space in the middle of the park. The lack of energy without the ball by the entire team yesterday was really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    If I was Carney I would take the $$$ and **** off to Qatar... And if I was Leaky I'll do the the same, can't refuse Ulsan...
    Sounds like you would also like the Jets out of top grade as well.

Anyone here who wants to retain a decent player..........nope. then fold the cvnts.

Good to see hoole is choking on Arnys sav getting stuff all game time and going nowhere. remember all those judas well wishers

signed mfks
    Last edited by hawk; 14-12-2015 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Sounds like you would also like the Jets out of top grade as well.

Anyone here who wants to retain a decent player..........nope. then fold the cvnts.

Good to see hoole is choking on Arnys sav getting stuff all game time and going nowhere. remember all those judas well wishers

signed mfks
    Sorry but FFA are not showing that they want us to stay in top grade ...!!!... We've been sold a dream (again and again) Show your players you building something solid for the future and get players interested in the project.... Quite the contrary at the moment.... #SurvivalMode
    Dare to Zlatan

lol we're terrible.

Let's face it, the team is awful and the coach most likely very average.

Our only hope of a turn around here is for a new owner to come in and inject some cash because at the moment it's like we're in PE and we're the last to pick from all the mentally handicapped leftovers and dungeons and dragons types.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Sorry but FFA are not showing that they want us to stay in top grade ...!!!... We've been sold a dream (again and again) Show your players you building something solid for the future and get players interested in the project.... Quite the contrary at the moment.... #SurvivalMode
    tbh even old Tinks was giving us more hope. At least his whole "Let's sack all our good and experienced players and play the young locals" was a plan, albeit a godawful one. I mean you could almost believe that maybe, just maybe Stubbins was not a total gumby, and that the kids would pay dividends eventually.

At the moment we don't have a plan, we're completely ****ed and no one seems to give a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Remember when the double eff aye made a team out of everyone's rejects and and a Japanese pensioner and you all laughed at how povo they were but they had a good coach who made them go pretty good.

Yeah, it's not the double eff ayes fault.

It's more the fact we've stagnated with the ownership.

I think the FFA put all their eggs in the Thompson consortium basket, despite what they are saying in the media about other parties, and now we have gone to a bank to sell us.

The FFA aren't going to set a direction or make any major decisions because it may conflict with the direction a new owner wants to take and the flexibility to bring in their own marquees should they wish. That's why the club will get through on bare minimum squad, minimum numbers in the backroom and administration all to keep things ticking over until the new owner comes in.

Look at Victory, Sydney, City, Adelaide...they all want to be competitive as an organisation. The FFA ownership screams "We are just going through the motions for the season". The coaching staff, the administration and the players may want to try achieve more or set things improvements but with limited budget from the owners, granted more than it was under the other owner, they are running off an oily rag.

We simply won't compete until our ownership is sorted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

the club is doing all the right things off the field/non squad related imo to keep 10k rocking up, it will never improve unless the results on the field pickup.

re Leo. he is by far the best player in our team, only problem is he is no where fit enough and I think miller allured to it doesn't cope with the hard Aussie pitches.

at the end off the day it is going to take 2-3 years until we are going to be competitive, we might even have to change coach 3-4 times lol.

this Friday the following needs to happen imo

- cowburn needs to start in the middle of the park
    - leaky g needs to start in the front 4 and be allowed to run riot like he did when he first signed for us

i reckon on the minimum we will atleast be a little more offensive and leaky g is the best crosser off the ball in the team so he should be able to find triffs head if he stays onside
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    the club is doing all the right things off the field/non squad related imo to keep 10k rocking up, it will never improve unless the results on the field pickup.

re Leo. he is by far the best player in our team, only problem is he is no where fit enough and I think miller allured to it doesn't cope with the hard Aussie pitches.

at the end off the day it is going to take 2-3 years until we are going to be competitive, we might even have to change coach 3-4 times lol.

this Friday the following needs to happen imo

- cowburn needs to start in the middle of the park
    - leaky g needs to start in the front 4 and be allowed to run riot like he did when he first signed for us

i reckon on the minimum we will atleast be a little more offensive and leaky g is the best crosser off the ball in the team so he should be able to find triffs head if he stays onside
    Who starts at LB if cowburn is in mids? I agree LeakyG needs to push forward but needs to be at the expense of Enver with Cowburn to start at LB as we dont have another option. Kanta pushes to mids at the expense of Watto and Boogs returns.

Still though.. Our depth sucks!

Today has given me some perspective.

How would you feel being a Jets and Chelsea fan right now...I'd suggest about as low as Chelsea's position on the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I would be more then happy for Jackson to play LB and for kanta to stay at CB

my ideas won't happen

millers is going to back his senior players especially that we have few of them

expect nothing to change other then if boogs comes in kanta to take Watson to come in.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Today has given me some perspective.

How would you feel being a Jets and Chelsea fan right now...I'd suggest about as low as Chelsea's position on the table.
    Totally predictable though I thought.
    Leicesters superior squad compared to Chelsea is the reason they are winning.

Chelsea losing all those good players at the end of last year and replacing them with players clearly not of EPL standard is plain for all to see.

Leicester spent up on massive name recruits and it's paying off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I think the general consensus is that we play better with Leo on the pitch. First 20-25 minutes, even as far as to their first goal we weren't necessarily playing great but we were doing more attacking and getting it to their box then in recent weeks. He's quick, beats players and a good eye for passes. He was constantly screaming at players for the ball cause he was in the right position, but we either did a late pass or a pass to the wrong player. He's a good attacking mid. He fades away but he's just come back from injury, so use him till the 65-70th and hook him, and let him get his cardio up and he can do good shit for us

On Lundy, right now he's not looked up to snuff in my opinion. He had a lot of time in the game Haliti went off injured in and didn't look the best, nor was he effective in his start in the FFA Cup game, and he's been very meh in his bench appearances. But, on the other side, he's young, local, on minimal coin and carves up the youth. His game time for first team is irregular, even as a sub he doesn't always get on the pitch. So, I see no reason to get rid of him as he has the potential to come good.
    You have just said that in your opinion Lundy hasn't looked up to it from what you have seen and that is why you base your criticism on him you then acknowledge he carves it up in the yoof and has potential and we should be sticking with him.

???

Maybe if you see his potential his age all that stuff maybe any criticism you are directing at him for not carving it up when getting minimal opportunity is ridiculously over the top and you would be best served by showing some patience understanding etc on a kid trying to make it at a shit club like ours and staying quiet on him until he has had a decent opportunity to press his claims

As for Leo enlighten me again on all these great assists he puts on and goals he scores???
    Bloke has barely had a shot all season and I can't for the life of me recall many chances he has created.

Good eye for a pass?? FFS He is lucky to pick a teammate out 1 in every ****ing 5 passes. If he could find Milos occasionally we might get something happening in the front 3rd

Yeah he occasional beats a man but then what happens???............................

Yep nothing. No end product at all. No point beating 3 blokes on the wing to hoof the cross into row z is there???

Bloke is like a showbag. All glittery and shiny but ultimately full of useless crap

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Who starts at LB if cowburn is in mids? I agree LeakyG needs to push forward but needs to be at the expense of Enver with Cowburn to start at LB as we dont have another option. Kanta pushes to mids at the expense of Watto and Boogs returns.

Still though.. Our depth sucks!
    Put Millertimes love child Watson there.

FFS He can't go any worse at Left Back than he does elsewhere on the park

I feel our only attacking threat comes from crosses
    should've kept edsen if that's our only option, he was at least 100 times better at holding up the ball