Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Coaches come and go, what you see is not always what you get

Our squad is below par, the owner is a nut job, and we don't have a coach. Vintage Jets.

Normal service resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I have heard from a few people that they are calling tomorrow to try and cancel their membership. Ive not heard this tyre of action before, may take more rebuilding of trust than the club realises.

Some people are saying that Miller made an ultimatum, the assistant coach or him, and that the Chinese see this as disrespect. That is all well and fine, but Mr Lee needs to be more culturally aware of the fan base (as much as the staff and players need to be culturally aware of the chinese) or he will very quickly end up with nothing.
    (long time lurker first time poster.)

From what I have heard from my sources at the club, and from talking with others with knowledge this is what occurred on the china trip leading up to todays decision, whether this is true Im not sure, this is what I have been told from my sources. McKinna had no control over this decision, wouldnt be surprised to see him walk in the coming days.

- Scott was not present for the start of the china trip, only arrived an hour prior to the first match to meet with the group
    - Luciano was not happy that everything was dumped on him regarding preparation for this match
    - Luciano throughout the trip had bad mouthed Scott behind his back to other staff members, (perhaps one of the staff went back to Scott with this info?)
    - Second game I am to believe there was a mishap regarding the team sheet, hence why at one stage just after half time we were down to 10 and the asian team scored, I remember reading on Lawrie's twitter or instagram about a player being sent off, with no red card shown. (From previous experience filling out the team sheet is something an assistant or team manager does)
    - Luciano is told after this match that he is no longer required on the trip, subsequently he returns back to australia.

Thats all I know from what I been told, now the rest is just pure speculation from me as to what occurred afterwards.

- Trani returns back to Australia, and goes to higher ups (Ledman Group??? Board?) with his side of the story regarding what happened, Scott doesnt seem like the sort of person to hold back so he probably tore Trani a new one for not checking team sheet properly (imagine if that had occurred in an A League match)
    - Trani not happy he got mugged of by someone younger than him and someone he considers to have less experience
    - Whether or not Trani told the whole truth or added something extra to make Scott look bad remains to be known
    - Trani is close mates with new Chinese assistant coach, where as Scott wasnt. This Chinese coach obvs has very good connections with Ledman Group guessing Trani used this to his advantage.
    - perhaps the china man wasnt happy with the way Scott treated him, only adding fuel to the fire

- Not sure whether Scott was given a chance to explain his side of the story, i feel the ultimatum thing might be correct or ledman have just backed Trani over Scott.

Im sure stuff regarding the treatment of Cooper, Brennan and Pavicevic , along with the reluctancy to give Ma Lei Lei more minutes also contributed to Scotts dismissal.

From putting all the pieces together seems Trani has knifed Scott in the back because he was sent home, now he actually might end up with a head coaching role, something which he has never had before in the A-league, maybe this why he has joined the jets, cause he knew this was the quickest route to him getting a head gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    So Lawrie says on Twitter, nothing to do with the Chinese player... Hmmmmmmm
    This has got EVERYTHING to do with the Chinese triallist......

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    The usual suspects say they are cancelling every time there's a crisis...ffs.
    Definitely some over reacting on social media.
    It's only another coach after all.
    It's not just another coach. It's the timing. It's letting Miller fill the squad and spend most of the pre-season with the team before sacking him. It's that we appear to have a snake for an AM, so if he isn't promoted, will he just do the same to the next guy? It's that our owner is going to meddle in the team selection. It's a combination of all these things that will likely lead to a very frustrated and disrupted playing group. It's the instability that Jets fans were dreading again, and means Lee is well behind the 8 ball if he wants to appear different than Con or Tinkler. Miller wasn't perfect, but he did a great job pulling us out of the absolute shit heap Stubbins & co created. He deserved another year to improve on what he was building. Lee mustn't have had a problem with that for the first few months.

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

can we have a Trani out thread now please? no-one likes a backstabber...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    (long time lurker first time poster.)

From what I have heard from my sources at the club, and from talking with others with knowledge this is what occurred on the china trip leading up to todays decision, whether this is true Im not sure, this is what I have been told from my sources. McKinna had no control over this decision, wouldnt be surprised to see him walk in the coming days.

- Scott was not present for the start of the china trip, only arrived an hour prior to the first match to meet with the group
    - Luciano was not happy that everything was dumped on him regarding preparation for this match
    - Luciano throughout the trip had bad mouthed Scott behind his back to other staff members, (perhaps one of the staff went back to Scott with this info?)
    - Second game I am to believe there was a mishap regarding the team sheet, hence why at one stage just after half time we were down to 10 and the asian team scored, I remember reading on Lawrie's twitter or instagram about a player being sent off, with no red card shown. (From previous experience filling out the team sheet is something an assistant or team manager does)
    - Luciano is told after this match that he is no longer required on the trip, subsequently he returns back to australia.

Thats all I know from what I been told, now the rest is just pure speculation from me as to what occurred afterwards.

- Trani returns back to Australia, and goes to higher ups (Ledman Group??? Board?) with his side of the story regarding what happened, Scott doesnt seem like the sort of person to hold back so he probably tore Trani a new one for not checking team sheet properly (imagine if that had occurred in an A League match)
    - Trani not happy he got mugged of by someone younger than him and someone he considers to have less experience
    - Whether or not Trani told the whole truth or added something extra to make Scott look bad remains to be known
    - Trani is close mates with new Chinese assistant coach, where as Scott wasnt. This Chinese coach obvs has very good connections with Ledman Group guessing Trani used this to his advantage.
    - perhaps the china man wasnt happy with the way Scott treated him, only adding fuel to the fire

- Not sure whether Scott was given a chance to explain his side of the story, i feel the ultimatum thing might be correct or ledman have just backed Trani over Scott.

Im sure stuff regarding the treatment of Cooper, Brennan and Pavicevic , along with the reluctancy to give Ma Lei Lei more minutes also contributed to Scotts dismissal.

From putting all the pieces together seems Trani has knifed Scott in the back because he was sent home, now he actually might end up with a head coaching role, something which he has never had before in the A-league, maybe this why he has joined the jets, cause he knew this was the quickest route to him getting a head gig.
    Miller did turn up late to China, filming something with Fox I think, and there was a point in the 2nd game where Lawrie tweeted we were playing with 10 men.

This sounds quite close to the mark. Sounds like you have good sources.

Noting the chinese assistant is still here and the circumstances of his arrival, you wouldn't think Scott would have been awfully close to him whereas you can see Trani whiteanting. And the fact Lawrie is open in saying it has nothing to do with him. How else does Trani get such influence in a short space of time.

Pleased to see Lawrie stated this morning that Trani would not get the top job.

By rough count, Trani has been @ Wellington, Adelaide, Brisbane, City & now us. Surely someone can see he's leaving paths of destruction behind him?
    OK

If Scott Miller reads this foz & this thread, I'd just like to say thankyou for all the work you put into our squad. We haven't had a coach in so many years that has played a system to suit the capabilities of the players - you got us playing a no-nonsense game that attempted to work with the positives of the players and tried to make up for the negatives each player had.

Cheers mate, best of luck in the future.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    If Scott Miller reads this foz & this thread, I'd just like to say thankyou for all the work you put into our squad. We haven't had a coach in so many years that has played a system to suit the capabilities of the players - you got us playing a no-nonsense game that attempted to work with the positives of the players and tried to make up for the negatives each player had.

Cheers mate, best of luck in the future.
    Thanks mate.

never trust a tranny !

The Jets should go all out and sign this bloke either as the new coach or a Marquee striker.

Better yet, sign him up as the No. 1 Keeper - no opposition players would want to enter the 18 yard box with this bloke in goal.

Fits all the criteria and sends the right message to the fans about how serious the club is when it comes to winning.

Last edited by The Dunster; 08-09-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Still think there's more to this. How does an assistant of a few months overrule the manager. I feel Lee is a better businessman then that.

Just can't wait till a ball is kicked and we can focus on how shit we are on the pitch rather then off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Still think there's more to this. How does an assistant of a few months overrule the manager. I feel Lee is a better businessman then that.

Just can't wait till a ball is kicked and we can focus on how shit we are on the pitch rather then off it.
    You should read the Art of War. I'm sure Mr Lee has.

“Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-09-2016 at 10:33 AM.

I think Evan Hayes's post above is as close to a an understandable reason as I have seen.

The Chinese assistant was obviously sent here to judge Miller and see how he performed. And Miller does seem like the standoffish type. Can easily see the assistants ganging up here to roll Miller.
    It's the only other line of comunication to Lee that I can see if McKinna was not involved.

I also don't think Lee thinks twice about firing a coach. They come and go very quickly in Chinese football

Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    Scott doesnt seem like the sort of person to hold back
    Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Miller does seem like the standoffish type
    Can we resolve this dilemma please? Just who is the real Scott Miller?

Perhaps the Jetstream can line up an interview and fire some quick Myers-Briggs questions at him.

Lawrie quoted this morning saying "the fans will never know the true story"

This is one f*cked up club if the expect fans to hand over cash to be kept in the dark

From McKinna's twitter, I get the feeling he's gone soon as well.