Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Quote Originally Posted by foti68 View Post
    I dont get it the FFA own Brisbane and they have a solid roster with 2 Marquee players they take over us and we get the left overs they are not making the club very salable imo. I think Miller is very predictable as a coach with his tactics, I know we dont have a very good squad but he doesn't make any changes to our formation, style of play even when we are under the pump we just sit deep and its just a matter of time until we concede its very frustrating.
    The thing that shits me is that if we are getting 10,000 members with the crap dished out now, imagine if we had a solid squad playing good competitive football.

The potential for huge crowds in Newcastle is there, but the muppets at the FFA can not see it and previous owners were to inept to realise it.

It would be easier to sell a competitive club with bumper crowds than it will be to sell a club with dwindling crowds sitting at the bottom of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by foti68 View Post
    I think Miller is very predictable as a coach with his tactics, I know we dont have a very good squad but he doesn't make any changes to our formation, style of play even when we are under the pump we just sit deep and its just a matter of time until we concede its very frustrating.
    see this here is a very good post from a very clever person.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

so how were we all when Nick Theo got the arse and GVE came in and won the comp?
    we were all like 'Theo is a rubbish coach' or was it ' the squad is rubbish except Griff because Griff is great'?
    because we can't be both can we?

same players, same opposition etc etc etc. one couldn't win a game, the other won the comp. how is it so?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    ...got the arse and GVE came in and won the comp?
    I like the sound of this idea.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Have they changed the rules about ditching players and their salaries still
    counting for the cap?
    By letting Leaky G go haven't we just done what I am suggesting???

We have got rid of one of our higher paid players and now have some funds available to strengthen our side in other ways

We have a squad full of players that in all reality are surplus to requirements

A competent manager starts getting a few out the door and starts rebuilding the squad in his manner.

Millertime so far has done nothing. Put some band aids on the club with some nobodies and never wases.

It ain't even like he has signed Yoof with potential for the future either

What's the plan to fix our squad for good from him??

Why the **** is he waiting to next season to start??

He should have been addressing our salary cap **** up by getting rid of a few of his over paid players as soon as he arrived.

Also can someone please explain the sanity of him signing Poljak Labi and Hoffman to 2 year deals to come to the club??
    None of these blokes were in any position to bargain with us for a favourable deal
    None of these blokes are gonna be important cogs in a Chzampion side

To me that is bokers and is further ****ing us with this big salary cap issue the sheep keeping offering as an excuse for why we have such a shit side and it ain't Millertime's fault

We have got rid of one of our higher paid players and now have some funds available to strengthen our side in other ways

A competent manager starts getting a few out the door and starts rebuilding the squad in his manner.

Millertime so far has done nothing. Put some band aids on the club with some nobodies and never wases.

He should have been addressing our salary cap **** up by getting rid of a few of his over paid players as soon as he arrived.

Also can someone please explain the sanity of him signing Poljak Labi and Hoffman to 2 year deals to come to the club??
    None of these blokes were in any position to bargain with us for a favourable deal

To me that is bokers and is further ****ing us with this big salary cap issue the sheep keeping offering as an excuse for why we have such a shit side and it ain't Millertime's fault
    I'm probably showing how little I know about how transfering of players works, but is it that easy to just let your players go? We lost Lee but that was due to a transfer, not just ****ing them off.

Can I ask, looking at the squad we have, before his signings who would you have gotten rid of? Cause for me, there's not many people i can actively point to as worth losing in the starting or close to starting spot. Birraz is far from, I can understand BK only cause of the amount of cash in one position but quality wise wouldn't. Not getting rid of Lee, nor Mullen or Boogs and we didn't have a guaranteed RB, say we should've signed Cowburn over Hoffman though. In the mids we only had Kanta, Enver actually looked good near the end of last season and Carney even showed promise early last season when he returned to his natural position.

I think Labi wasn't the worst signing, although I think thats where you can argue signing youth was the right option or just using pav more. I think Poljak can be good and had been for Wanderers and Hoff hasn't been the worst player but still, even with hindsight you'd look elsewhere. Also, Hoff is only on a year I believe.

I think next season, we need to start seeing more elements of his team coming together cause a few big money players are going off contract he can get rid of.

only real complaint I have about miller is he doesn't force the players to walk the fence, particularly at away games.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    only real complaint I have about miller is he doesn't force the players to walk the fence, particularly at away games.
    That's because he is busy sitting on the fence tactically...

Seriously though, part of the coaching staff's job is to ingrain in them the want to do that of their own accord. Much more genuine if it is seen to come from the playing group itself rather than mum and dad forcing their kid to "say thank you to the nice man"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    piss pore act. players should buys beers for away supps

so how were we all when Nick Theo got the arse and GVE came in and won the comp?
    we were all like 'Theo is a rubbish coach' or was it ' the squad is rubbish except Griff because Griff is great'?
    because we can't be both can we?

same players, same opposition etc etc etc. one couldn't win a game, the other won the comp. how is it so?
    The squad from season two was massively enhanced by the arrival of Milton Rodriguez. Moreover, we had Rodriguez, Covney, Griffiths, Bridge, and Carle all very capable of scoring goals. We then had a very solid midfield with a very good ball distributor in disco biscuits, Tim Brown, and a solid journeyman in Kohler. then you have Jade North and Dura who combined both speed and aerial abilty in a defensive unit... and it's not hard to see why that team was so good. Then you can add players like Thommo, Elrich, Eagleton, wheelhouse, Puzz, and Steven Old to the mix and see just how shit we currently are in comparison.

The reason they were not winning is because Nick Theo was having them play with little if any respect for their opposition - which is the complete opposite to what Miller is doing now.

Okon spoke to Con, Con punted Nick Theo and Okon pretty much led the team to almost winning the comp were it not for a few unlucky breaks. GVE was fortunate in that he had a very capable team with the ability to hold the ball and transition into attack very well. Millers lot now have nowhere near the same amount of talent nor do they have a leader like Paul Okon to steer them around the pitch.

Next we go to season three and even though they won the comp it was nowhere near as exciting or impressive as season two had been for the fans. GVE lost a few key players such as Rodriguez and Carle [Song and Holland were good additions but not quite the same quality]- and were it not for the stellar seasons of North and Griffiths this team probably would have finished mid table at best. In fact I'd be confident in saying that the season two side would have beaten the season three side often and easily.

Come to season four and GVE finally has "the team he wanted" and the bloke finished dead last. Why, because he lost a key defender, several attacking players, and more importantly he lost a DM with excellent distributional skills in disco biscuits - and this pretty much ended the teams ability to play a possession style of football as they had in the past.

Miller in comparison has absolutely nothing to work with. There is no quality pack of goal scorers, the defence is adequate but has nowhere near the speed and aerial ability of what Nick Theo and GVE had, and we certainly don't have a quality number ten or indeed a ball distributing midfielder - Poljak is ****ing useless in that role, Leonardo is too fragile, and Kitto looks a season away from being up to scratch.

Miller isn't the problem here. The players are simply not good enough. That was never the case when Nick Theo was in charge - although GVE did gain a hell of a lot when Rodriguez arrived. But the big difference with Nick Theo at the helm was that you could see the potential of that season two side to kick some arse by simply playing a little less open. The Miller Jets look like they are simply holding on for 90mins and praying for luck to get them a positive result. They cannot hold the ball, passing is atrocious, and they essentially only have one goal threat and he's probably not getting the service he requires.
    Where you really know there is a problem is when the team are looking at Carney to score goals ? Holy crap look at his record - the bloke is a great footballer no doubt but relying on him to score lots of goals is ridiculous.

rant over :0)
    Last edited by The Dunster; 27-12-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Good post Dunster and thank you for answering some of my questions.
    There were a lot of words though so I hope and pray for you and your family that you don't get accused of 'beating around the bush' (the **** does that mean anyway?).

Let's keep playing hypotheticals: do you think Miller would have won the comp with the season 2 or 3 team?

Let's keep playing hypotheticals: do you think Miller would have won the comp with the season 2 or 3 team?
    Season two yes, as they had sold defence, excellent passing, and enough quality up font to score goals on a regular basis. Season Three, most likely would have finished mid table at best. - especially if Griffo and North didn't have such stellar o.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 27-12-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The squad from season two was massively enhanced by the arrival of Milton Rodriguez. Moreover, we had Rodriguez, Covney, Griffiths, Bridge, and Carle all very capable of scoring goals. We then had a very solid midfield with a very good ball distributor in disco biscuits, Tim Brown, and a solid journeyman in Kohler. then you have Jade North and Dura who combined both speed and aerial abilty in a defensive unit... and it's not hard to see why that team was so good. Then you can add players like Thommo, Elrich, Eagleton, wheelhouse, Puzz, and Steven Old to the mix and see just how shit we currently are in comparison.

The reason they were not winning is because Nick Theo was having them play with little if any respect for their opposition - which is the complete opposite to what Miller is doing now.

Okon spoke to Con, Con punted Nick Theo and Okon pretty much led the team to almost winning the comp were it not for a few unlucky breaks. GVE was fortunate in that he had a very capable team with the ability to hold the ball and transition into attack very well. Millers lot now have nowhere near the same amount of talent nor do they have a leader like Paul Okon to steer them around the pitch.

Next we go to season three and even though they won the comp it was nowhere near as exciting or impressive as season two had been for the fans. GVE lost a few key players such as Rodriguez and Carle [Song and Holland were good additions but not quite the same quality]- and were it not for the stellar seasons of North and Griffiths this team probably would have finished mid table at best. In fact I'd be confident in saying that the season two side would have beaten the season three side often and easily.

Come to season four and GVE finally has "the team he wanted" and the bloke finished dead last. Why, because he lost a key defender, several attacking players, and more importantly he lost a DM with excellent distributional skills in disco biscuits - and this pretty much ended the teams ability to play a possession style of football as they had in the past.

Miller in comparison has absolutely nothing to work with. There is no quality pack of goal scorers, the defence is adequate but has nowhere near the speed and aerial ability of what Nick Theo and GVE had, and we certainly don't have a quality number ten or indeed a ball distributing midfielder - Poljak is ****ing useless in that role, Leonardo is too fragile, and Kitto looks a season away from being up to scratch.

Miller isn't the problem here. The players are simply not good enough. That was never the case when Nick Theo was in charge - although GVE did gain a hell of a lot when Rodriguez arrived. But the big difference with Nick Theo at the helm was that you could see the potential of that season two side to kick some arse by simply playing a little less open. The Miller Jets look like they are simply holding on for 90mins and praying for luck to get them a positive result. They cannot hold the ball, passing is atrocious, and they essentially only have one goal threat and he's probably not getting the service he requires.
    Where you really know there is a problem is when the team are looking at Carney to score goals ? Holy crap look at his record - the bloke is a great footballer no doubt but relying on him to score lots of goals is ridiculous.

rant over :0)
    I would say you are pretty well spot on with your assessment Dunster of both the current situation and what happened in the situation in season 2-4 Dunster

if you are marlow, barressi, etc. and you are on 2 year deals making 50-100k a year and with no potential suitors outside the jets why the f**k would you leave. you are never going to make that type of money in the NPL so why not hang it out and try and get into the squad. perfect example of this is sam Galloway, he got a 2 year deal for 3 half decent performances and didn't play until the last couple of months into his last year and bang he got another 2 year deal.

okay the club offer them the opportunity to leave, they just stand there ground and say no problem I just want my contract paid out in full

what does this prove, besides your key 5-10 players all the squad should be on 1 year deals. 2 year deals in the HAL are ****ing ridiculous for squad players.

Miller didn't sign these blokes to 2 year deals stubbins and the previous regime did.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Don't know if anyone watched espn FC last night but Shaka Hislop said something in relation to the mancs and I think it runs true with the jets. He basically said no matter how good your back 4 and goalkeeper are if you aren't scoring or creating chances then clean sheets simply can't continue. If you aren't applying pressure in attach then the opposition simply come on to you more, the midfield are further forward, our defence sit deeper and the pressure mounts until it breaks through. The lack of attacking options plays a massive part in our issues and the perceptions that Miller is negative. More options at the pointy end will help relieve the defensive pressure.

Did anyone see the Leicester v City game this morning?
    Did anyone see what happened around the 60min mark?
    Did anyone see Ranieri, and his £17m squad against a £309m squad comfortably holding a 0-0 draw?
    Did anyone see at the 60min mark, knowing a point would take him equal top of the EPL, Ranieri decide he didn't want a draw, so he subs on a 2nd striker and tries to win the damn game.
    So while a bunch of you would have cried into your weet-bix about squad sizes and money, a coach showed some balls and went out there to win the game regardless of what others thought of his squad.

Ranieri just clowned all of you defending Miller and his cowardly tactics.
    Accept it, the bloke demands way more courage from his players than he's ever willing to supply himself.

Did anyone see Ranieri, and his £17m squad against a £309m squad comfortably holding a 0-0 draw?
    Did anyone see at the 60min mark, knowing a point would take him equal top of the EPL, Ranieri decide he didn't want a draw, so he subs on a 2nd striker and tries to win the damn game.
    So while a bunch of you would have cried into your weet-bix about squad sizes and money, a coach showed some balls and went out there to win the game regardless of what others thought of his squad.

Accept it, the bloke demands way more courage from his players than he's ever willing to supply himself.
    That last home game against Adelaide hit the nail on the head, 20 minutes to go....off comes Alivodic, on comes Watson while two young attacking players in Cooper and Pavicevic are left to warm the bench. Kanta was pushed forward but it was a overall a very "safe" sub with a half-arse attempt to go for a win but ultimately hold on for a draw.

actually ulloa come on as an attacking midfielder and they moved kante back into 6, and you can see around the 80th minute mark when only vardy was pressuring the back four so I'd go as far to say that they did play for the draw with 10 to go, but I agree they played well.

I don't agree with comparisons off the premier league to the a-league. its a free for all versus a salary capped league.

I think I mentioned it weeks ago but miller and jp can go 2 ways with the same outcome imo

play an attacking brand like the gypos, look entertaining but lose 4-2, 3-1 or set the way we are up and lose 1-0, draw 0-0 and every now and then steal one. The gypos way eventually leads to confidence being wrecked and they eventually start getting smacked.

I agree teams have worked us out and we need to change the way we play, but I think our changes need to come through personnel. the way miller sets us up is to break quickly but our front 4 average age with Leonardo is 30-32. we are not quick enough to play this way.

the wanderers played this way in there first season but they had the blokes to play this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    I don't agree with comparisons off the premier league to the a-league. its a free for all versus a salary capped league.

set the way we are up and lose 1-0, draw 0-0 and every now and then steal one. The gypos way eventually leads to confidence being wrecked and they eventually start getting smacked.
    Correct, the EPL has a much greater discrepancy between the richest and the poorest so I'm actually flattering Miller by using Ranieri as an example.

Also, you're making some massive assumptions on confidence. You think the Jets are loving the way they are playing? You think this structure and attitude is going to win them games let alone the comp?

And there's no way Miller does what Ranieri did this morning. Not a chance. Same squad, same situation, there is no way. And that is 100% the coach, and that is my point.

Leicester prob won't win the Prem this year by their fans will be ecstatic with the experience they had.
    We won't win the comp and will prob lose another big chunk of our fanbase.

The fact you seem content to nick the odd win here and there is on you, but don't lump me into any group of people happy to put up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    I agree teams have worked us out and we need to change the way we play, but I think our changes need to come through personnel. the way miller sets us up is to break quickly but our front 4 average age with Leonardo is 30-32. we are not quick enough to play this way.
    this is my point.

Regardless of the squad the way the team is playing is not working and the coach won't adapt. To me that is an indictment on the coach.
    Yet there are blokes on here content to waste yet another year with the same bullshit we all got sick of GVE saying year after year.

I just don't get how people find that acceptable.