Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I agree to a point.
    The manager is always one the takes the blame, so at done point you've gotta give a Manager full control. It gives them no excuses.
    Miller hasn't taken any blame since the day he got here.

Also, hes a nobody*, full power goes to coaches who earn it.
    he has zero leverage.
    play the hand you've got, then build some chips up.

*in terms of experience, success etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

The issue is why wait so long if Lee wanted his own guys in there? Sure the PR wouldn't have been great if Miller was sacked as soon as Lee got here, but it would have been shitloads better than right now.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Miller hasn't taken any blame since the day he got here.

Also, hes a nobody*, full power goes to coaches who earn it.
    he has zero leverage.
    play the hand you've got, then build some chips up.

*in terms of experience, success etc.
    Agreed, but he's be always able to dodge blame because he never had full control.
    While I agree he doesn't deserve full power, I reckon last years progress earns him enough leverage to pick his own assistants.

He's gone now (might be back tomorrow) so it's all moot I spose,

Timing sucks, the best thing the next bloke inherits is the "it's not my squad" card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post

Timing sucks, the best thing the next bloke inherits is the "it's not my squad" card.
    this. Give him this season first then stab him in the back. cowards

Miller is certainly self confident, egotistical and seems to not work well with his subordinates.

And none of that is any excuse for plunging the club into turmoil, yet again. They should have either made a change in July or committed to the year under Miller and recruited another Managerat the end of the season.

There were parts to his arrogance that were quite likeable and the fact he hadn't earned his stripes, according to some around here, made him even more likable. The guy 1000% believed in himself and what he was doing and that seemed to rub off on the players. He also didn't play the woe is me/small club card which he easily could have given the circumstances.

But clearly he also had his flaws. I don't buy into the bitchy sniping that seems to infect this club every time a new manager steps in and changes things. Players can leave if they don't like it. But what is telling to me is 2 things that I think go to his character.

The first is what Emma raised in Twitter, that Miller signed off on the appointment of Trani yet never even met him nor even spoke to him. This is an assistant who he will work side by side, day in day out. Anyone here who is involved in recruitment will know how important it is to get this right and how unsettling it can be if the wrong person is hired. And Miller seemingly didn't give a stuff. Then after signing the guy, wants him sacked within 2-3 months and refuses to take part in mediation. I don't care if Miller was OS, you pick up the phone or you don't recruit until you can put the time in. This to me is the sign of someone who makes snap decisions, and quite possibly sending Trani home from China was another. It may also have been justified but no one knows what was said.

The second was what has been rumoured that Miller was dismissive of the Chinese assistant and gave him meaningless tasks. I can understand to a degree when we have a shoe string staff and the Chinese assistant has been thrust upon him, but anyone with some cop on will know that this guy was here to report back to Ledman and therefore should be treated well. This is a sign of poor decision making imo.

But as I said, these are reasons you look elsewhere at the end of his contract, not sack him 4 weeks out from the start of the comp.

Millers disdain for assistants smacks of paranoia and a lack of confidence (despite the public face).

bloke should look at AFL blokes like Clarkson and Roos.
    Successful in their own right but actively delegate work and campaigned for their assistants to get head coaching jobs elsewhere (regardless of any detrimental effect it had on his own career).
    Surprise surprise their two clubs have not only been 2 of the most successful in recent history but have spawned countless new head coaches successful in their own right.

Miller wants it all to himself then wonders why no one has his back.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Millers disdain for assistants smacks of paranoia and a lack of confidence (despite the public face).

bloke should look at AFL blokes like Clarkson and Roos.
    Successful in their own right but actively delegate work and campaigned for their assistants to get head coaching jobs elsewhere (regardless of any detrimental effect it had on his own career).
    Surprise surprise their two clubs have not only been 2 of the most successful in recent history but have spawned countless new head coaches successful in their own right.

Miller wants it all to himself then wonders why no one has his back.
    really? Long bow drawn there when there were zero issues last season with JPM. Sounds a clear case of personalities clashing to me.
    Didn't help with Luc whiteanting Scott with the Chinese assistant according to Ray Gatt on DFS podcast.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    really? Long bow drawn there when there were zero issues last season with JPM. Sounds a clear case of personalities clashing to me.
    Didn't help with Luc whiteanting Scott with the Chinese assistant according to Ray Gatt on DFS podcast.
    No facts thanks. Only wild speculation allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Miller is certainly self confident, egotistical and seems to not work well with his subordinates.

And none of that is any excuse for plunging the club into turmoil, yet again. They should have either made a change in July or committed to the year under Miller and recruited another Managerat the end of the season.

There were parts to his arrogance that were quite likeable and the fact he hadn't earned his stripes, according to some around here, made him even more likable. The guy 1000% believed in himself and what he was doing and that seemed to rub off on the players. He also didn't play the woe is me/small club card which he easily could have given the circumstances.

But clearly he also had his flaws. I don't buy into the bitchy sniping that seems to infect this club every time a new manager steps in and changes things. Players can leave if they don't like it. But what is telling to me is 2 things that I think go to his character.

The first is what Emma raised in Twitter, that Miller signed off on the appointment of Trani yet never even met him nor even spoke to him. This is an assistant who he will work side by side, day in day out. Anyone here who is involved in recruitment will know how important it is to get this right and how unsettling it can be if the wrong person is hired. And Miller seemingly didn't give a stuff. Then after signing the guy, wants him sacked within 2-3 months and refuses to take part in mediation. I don't care if Miller was OS, you pick up the phone or you don't recruit until you can put the time in. This to me is the sign of someone who makes snap decisions, and quite possibly sending Trani home from China was another. It may also have been justified but no one knows what was said.

The second was what has been rumoured that Miller was dismissive of the Chinese assistant and gave him meaningless tasks. I can understand to a degree when we have a shoe string staff and the Chinese assistant has been thrust upon him, but anyone with some cop on will know that this guy was here to report back to Ledman and therefore should be treated well. This is a sign of poor decision making imo.

But as I said, these are reasons you look elsewhere at the end of his contract, not sack him 4 weeks out from the start of the comp.
    Every once in a while someone posts something on the Foz which one thinks "hey, he took the words right out of my mouth, only articulated it even better".
    Borat's post is one of those.
    Bravo

How do we know without any certainty whether JPM didn't have any issues? Maybe JP was professional enough just to see out the season and just do his job but once the season was over he was pretty quick to get out of the joint and head off back to Victory. Maybe he just wanted to reunite with Musky again or the money was better.....

Curious as to what this "whiteanting Scott" by Luc actually means, can you elaborate, what did he actually do?

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    How do we know without any certainty whether JPM didn't have any issues? Maybe JP was professional enough just to see out the season and just do his job but once the season was over he was pretty quick to get out of the joint and head off back to Victory. Maybe he just wanted to reunite with Musky again or the money was better.....

Curious as to what this "whiteanting Scott" by Luc actually means, can you elaborate, what did he actually do?
    From what I have heard, he whinged to anyone who would listen and constantly put him down, after a some 1-2 months in the job. This includes in the carpark after training infront of members of the public.

I think it's pretty harsh to suggest JP had problems with Miller when JP reasons for moving back to Newcastle, and back to Melbourne, were due to the health of his wife. To suggest otherwise would mean JP is using his wife's health as an excuse, and I don't think that is likely
    Last edited by borat; 09-09-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    From what I have heard, he whinged to anyone who would listen and constantly put him down, after a some 1-2 months in the job. This includes in the carpark after training infront of members of the public.

I think it's pretty harsh to suggest JP had problems with Miller when JP reasons for moving back to Newcastle, and back to Melbourne, were due to the health of his wife. To suggest otherwise would mean JP is using his wife's health as an excuse, and I don't think that is likely
    Sorry Borat but in the first sentence I am assuming you are referring to Trani whinging about Miller....is that what you are implying as I'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Sorry Borat but in the first sentence I am assuming you are referring to Trani whinging about Miller....is that what you are implying as I'm not 100% sure.
    Yeah sorry. Trani complaining about Miller

From early on, Trani has been doing his best to undermine Miller. Trying to coerce players against Miller whilst pushing his own barrow. Something he reportedly has form for at previous clubs. But, Miller has endeared himself to the lads. After months of this carry on it comes to a head in China, Miller gives Trani his marching orders, our lads continue on building for start of the season. In the mean time Trani runs his sob story to Lee, Lee confronts Miller, differences of opinion arise. We all know who wins the Boss v's Employee fight. Miller gone. The lads, having 1st hand dealings with all that has transpired stand their ground, Boycott by all if Trani leads the way after this. Management dig a little deeper, uncover more of the story. Trani gone. Maybe this is all wrong or maybe, just maybe, there was a fly on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyonthewall View Post
    From early on, Trani has been doing his best to undermine Miller. Trying to coerce players against Miller whilst pushing his own barrow. Something he reportedly has form for at previous clubs. But, Miller has endeared himself to the lads. After months of this carry on it comes to a head in China, Miller gives Trani his marching orders, our lads continue on building for start of the season. In the mean time Trani runs his sob story to Lee, Lee confronts Miller, differences of opinion arise. We all know who wins the Boss v's Employee fight. Miller gone. The lads, having 1st hand dealings with all that has transpired stand their ground, Boycott by all if Trani leads the way after this. Management dig a little deeper, uncover more of the story. Trani gone. Maybe this is all wrong or maybe, just maybe, there was a fly on the wall.
    Welcome to the foz Scott

When it's all said and done I think Miller was destined not to be here for a long time. We should be grateful that his true colours finally came out before the season has started. Four totally unrelated sauces are saying the same thing about his egotistical style, arrogance and even bullying nature. The office staff are glad he's gone. Whether Trani ratted on him or not is irrelevant, it probably just brought the inevitable forward.
    Someone mentioned that he was basically "a nobody who has achieved nothing, acting like he was Alex Ferguson"!
    Will be interesting to see where he gets a gig after this.

well yeah! I thought it was a really poor attitude to take an injured player (Haliti) to China and leave at home prospective 1st team players who could have been given game time. Looking at his body language he seemed aggressive with players. No matter who we get as manager now, we still have no chance with competing against the budget busters Sydney and Melbourne so for me until FFA fix this anomaly we will always get 2nd rate treatment. I just hope the players know we are behind them 100%

According to the various sources we have, a fair bit of blame is being unnecessarily attributed to Luc. Unfortunately he had to be let go as well as his position basically became untenable and to clear the decks for a new coach.
    Scott had numerous opportunities to sort the situation out by actually sitting down and working through the various issues (the word trivial was specifically used) but wouldn't.
    A lot of the rumors in media are made up, ie issues with Chinese triallist, blowing up over Kokko, etc.
    But the main thrust of the story that a personality clash between Luc & Scott led to a him or me ultimatum was dimly viewed by the Chinese and forced the clubs hand is essentially correct.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

really? Long bow drawn there

So I can't make assumptions based on what I saw from Miller in interviews and press conferences but everyone's happy to believe Ray Gatt who at best would have one side of the story.

Got it.

No, we were not afforded the same right to assume Triff was rubbish.