Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Was just reading this on TWG..
    http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/blog/...his-dedication
    Seems a bit of a suck job..
    from phillip micallef? never.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    from phillip micallef? never.
    Haha nail on head

Gee those former managers Trani worked with are really lining up to give their support.........

I mean I would have thought that some small part of the role of assistant manager involves assisting the manager

Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    Even after Scott had said to give the boys a rest, Trani called for a training session after 30+ hours of travel Huludao.

They arrived at the hotel and were only given 3 hours of rest before having a session, and this is the day before the first match v Liaoning. Kokko gets injured in that game...

If the head coach says not to have a training session, you dont have a training session.

Second game vs Eastern, team sheet not filled out by Luc properly, results in Cowburn having to go off, opposition score. Whether or not this was done on purpose or by accident, filling out the team sheet properly is a non negotiable.

From day 1 he came in to undermine Miller and try and get the head coaching role. The ledman group are idiots for the first decision they made, all the work of pre-season is pretty much thrown out the window.
    TWG is reporting exactly this except that the players approached Miller to complain once he arrived in China about the session that Trani had run against Miller's instructions.

If none of this had blown up we would all be complaining that Miller has no idea how to prepare the team, seeing our star striker tears a calf 20mins into a game after a 3 hour training session the previous day and 20-30 hours of flying in the week preceding.

No wonder the players refused to train for Trani.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Mckinna needs to get his ass off Twitter and just run the jets, if he has so much free time this close to the season start without a reasonable coaching staff then he probably needs to ask around the office if there's anything he can help out with.

On the Miller Matter I don't give a crap who's fault it is, Mckinna's job is to run a business. Millers job WAS to win football games. Trani's job WAS to assist Miller. We were winning games and making money, the only rat who wasn't doing his job was Trani. I don't care if Miller is throwing his own faeces around the locker room every week. If he wins games, he stays. Same goes for Gypo Mckinna, if he runs the business well and we make money i don't care if he hides Hutcho in his closet for a mid-week Rogering and yells at old ladies out the window of his office.

Also, the facebook comments section is amazeballs. You guys are nice and all that but some of those people are a special breed of crazy and i think i found my new hobby.
    Firstly, there are a few CEO's who engage with fans on Twitter;SFC's Pignata and Glory's Filopolous for example are also on there. It's 2016 and the technology is there to engage directly with fans on a social medium....what's the issue? Lawrie is rarely on there anyway so if you are trying to make it an issue about it...that it's detracting from his job...I think you are clutching at straws.
    If you think he is not running the club properly, maybe you should contact him (he seems to be very accessible and accomodating to fans) and tell him what he should be doing and to get off twitter

Yeah all well and good what you say about everyone having specific roles to play at the club and you think it doesn't matter basically HOW they do it, as long as they are getting results, which is fine.
    It would seem our new owner does care, he wants this club to be run in a professional manner with no BS in-fighting or egos clashing. I think it shows he has standards and has now set a precedent which can only be good for the club in the long run....everyone working together in a respectful and productive manner If anyone doesn't want to adhere to those principles, you aren't going to last long at this club.
    Gee, look at Amor with Adelaide as an example....quietly spoken, humility....a real gentleman who has the total respect of his players and everyone at the club. Just shows you can be a nice guy and a decent human being and still get results.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Firstly, there are a few CEO's who engage with fans on Twitter;SFC's Pignata and Glory's Filopolous for example are also on there. It's 2016 and the technology is there to engage directly with fans on a social medium....what's the issue? Lawrie is rarely on there anyway so if you are trying to make it an issue about it...that it's detracting from his job...I think you are clutching at straws.
    If you think he is not running the club properly, maybe you should contact him (he seems to be very accessible and accomodating to fans) and tell him what he should be doing and to get off twitter
    Seriously this getting beyond delusional now. That Lawrie is engaging on twitter is perfectly fine, to be encouraged, and I get you feel special because he responded to you. But you will never find Pignata or Filopolous tweeting such un professional contradictory rubbish.

Here is an example of his tweets, remember how neither Scott or the club can discuss the matter because of confidentiality agreements? This is why we haven't heard a word from Scott.

because of clauses in contracts the club or Scott cannot comment
    Seems like only one party has to abide by this as if you are CEO you can tell whoever you like, be it press or fans

no stabbing in the back from me ask Scott Miller
    yes but he signed a confidentiality agreement stopping him from commenting Lawrie, as you know

tried to stop it getting to that point along with Joel griffiths
    That seems like details Lawrie,

Cheers Josh speak to Joel and get full story
    So Joel either is a rep of the club and bound to confidentiality or or is not and you have leaked to him

No knife Job could have been avoided but wasn't after many attempts
    More details

Cheers for support John I was in the meeting and was sticking up for Scott as was Joel Griffiths if you knew the full story
    again more

I never promised I will do my best that the supporters don't get ****ed over
    Yes you certainly didn't

So what I would like Lawrie to do in future is make transparent statements on club decisions and not drip feed over twitter whilst initially saying no details can be given. Because all I see is one side of the story because you gagged one party and a whole heap leaking to the press presumably from players, player managers, CEO. Possibly Miller and Trani but unlikely as they have the most to lose.

anyone have an idea how long an agreement of confidentiality lasts for ? im assuming miller would have received/receiving some sort of payout from the jets since they sacked him. Once this is finalised whats to stop miller doing an interview in a few months time and giving some insight into what happened but not exactly telling the whole story. Surely miller must be highly frustrated with the situation and wanting people to know his side of the story. If his side of the story is never known then it may well harm his chances of future employment at other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    anyone have an idea how long an agreement of confidentiality lasts for ? im assuming miller would have received/receiving some sort of payout from the jets since they sacked him. Once this is finalised whats to stop miller doing an interview in a few months time and giving some insight into what happened but not exactly telling the whole story. Surely miller must be highly frustrated with the situation and wanting people to know his side of the story. If his side of the story is never known then it may well harm his chances of future employment at other clubs.
    I'd imagine that would open himself up to all sorts of legal repercussions

anyone have an idea how long an agreement of confidentiality lasts for ?
    Fxxxing ages, if not forever.

Miller's sacking can form an orderly cue behind what Muscat & Vargas did to Ljubo at Victory tyvm. Ljubo's autobigraphy would just be such a great read - one I'm confident legally will never be allowed to be produced
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    It would seem our new owner does care, he wants this club to be run in a professional manner with no BS in-fighting or egos clashing. I think it shows he has standards and has now set a precedent which can only be good for the club in the long run....everyone working together in a respectful and productive manner If anyone doesn't want to adhere to those principles, you aren't going to last long at this club.
    Gee, look at Amor with Adelaide as an example....quietly spoken, humility....a real gentleman who has the total respect of his players and everyone at the club. Just shows you can be a nice guy and a decent human being and still get results.
    Put down the Koolaid man, you must be the most positive bloke in the world if you think that this event will somehow make everyone more respectful of the club and it's principles.

What you said sounds like a good idea and in a perfect world everyone at the club would get along great but that a) doesn't happen over a month and b) doesn't happen anywhere ever on this planet over any period of time because humans are giant pieces of faeces who hate each other. (Source=the news or driving through Sydney at peak hour)

So the club needs to find a balance between keeping everyone happy and keeping money coming through the door. Oh, and winning games if possible. If you think the sackings helped that then i can't say your wrong, we can have different opinions and still be friends. i just feel that if this was done either at the end of the season or straight away i think everyone including Miller and Trani would be be a lot calmer about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    You can blame Miller for for appointing Trani imo. Read the club statement when it occurred, Miller talks about him being the standout candidate throughout the recruitment process.
    I wanna know who recommended the khunt - if Miller didn't know him, someone must have given him a glowing recommendation - was this a wind-up?? Who was the rat that recommended him?

I don't blame Miller for wanting the phucker gone, it's undoubtably his fault Kokko got injured due to unnecessary extras leaving him open to an injury, couldn't fill in a team sheet, couldn't help himself bad-mouthing the gaffer - how did he get the job in the first place???
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    I wanna know who recommended the khunt - if Miller didn't know him, someone must have given him a glowing recommendation - was this a wind-up?? Who was the rat that recommended him?

I don't blame Miller for wanting the phucker gone, it's undoubtably his fault Kokko got injured due to unnecessary extras leaving him open to an injury, couldn't fill in a team sheet, couldn't help himself bad-mouthing the gaffer - how did he get the job in the first place???
    Exactly right. Miller may have said ok to Trani based on advice from the board or whoever put him in the mix - but he certainly wasn't the one that recommended him in the first place.

I'm not that unhappy Miller is gone but I am unhappy about how it happened and how it appears nothing has changed at the Jets when it comes to the clubs total disregard for both the present and the future of the club.

Would the FFA have considered a bid from Mr Lee for a Sydney or a Melbourne club? I seriously doubt it.

Indefinitely.

The usual terms are that you're only allowed to discuss with legal and financial advisors or as compelled by law (i.e subpoena). If Miller did open up after a few months, then the Jets could seek damages/injuction/ seek to recover funds paid to him.

I'm a lawyer.

I know this will trigger me being flamed to death but I'm inclined to side with Lee on this...

Miller illustrated he is NOT experienced enough to navigate the subtleties of actually managing anything by turning a few incidents that should have been handled internally by the coaching team into an ultimatum with the club owner.

Trani sounds like he needed to actually know his place and take his lead from Miller rather than compete with him, he should have known this being in the game for so long.

Rumour has it both McKinna and Griffiths tried to smooth this over before it went to the club owner, so at least THEY realized that this wasn't something to escalate to the new owner, but they were both ignored, so for my mind Miller + Trani made their own beds...

Hopefully they both learn something from this, but chances are they've not only screwed handling this situation but also significantly damaged their own professional reputations and future prospects.

my 2c,
    G

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    I know this will trigger me being flamed to death but I'm inclined to side with Lee on this...

Miller illustrated he is NOT experienced enough to navigate the subtleties of actually managing anything by turning a few incidents that should have been handled internally by the coaching team into an ultimatum with the club owner.

Trani sounds like he needed to actually know his place and take his lead from Miller rather than compete with him, he should have known this being in the game for so long.

Rumour has it both McKinna and Griffiths tried to smooth this over before it went to the club owner, so at least THEY realized that this wasn't something to escalate to the new owner, but they were both ignored, so for my mind Miller + Trani made their own beds...

Hopefully they both learn something from this, but chances are they've not only screwed handling this situation but also significantly damaged their own professional reputations and future prospects.

my 2c,
    G
    Soild post.

A lot of what you say has been said to me. This was all blown up over a minor issue. This explains to me why the club have been caught off-guard as they didn't expect such an extreme response to something they encouraged both parties to resolve on numerous occasions. They certainly didn't want to be recruiting a manager but Scott could have avoided this.

I hope for his sake, Scott learns from how he handled this situation and learn from it. He mis-read the situation by trying to bluff the club and it bit him in the ass.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 13-09-2016 at 11:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Has it been established why Miller wasn't with the team in the lead up?

Wasn't that the reason why Triani took over training and 'flogged' them?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Has it been established why Miller wasn't with the team in the lead up?

Wasn't that the reason why Triani took over training and 'flogged' them?
    Miller was with McKinna in Sydney while the team had travelled and landed in China. They then caught up with the team in China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I wonder how Mitch Cooper feels about recent events ?