Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

I can recall Egg telling all and sundry he had learnt for his second stint.

Once a woftam always a woftam.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Ange picked a fight with Craig Foster. Ange was ultimately proved right and has gone on to do things his way and has succeeded at every level since.

If making Craig Fister look like a fool is being 'reviled' then sign me up for some of that shit.
    Last I remembered it must be said Fister tried picking it with Ange

Bit of grade a drama with Foster being a wanker as opposed to offering constructive criticism

Banned
    Ange picked a fight with Craig Foster. Ange was ultimately proved right and has gone on to do things his way and has succeeded at every level since.

If making Craig Fister look like a fool is being 'reviled' then sign me up for some of that shit.
    Last I remembered it must be said Fister tried picking it with Ange

Bit of grade a drama with Foster being a wanker as opposed to offering constructive criticism

Ange was ambushed

A man Can only do with the tools he is given.
    Go jetties

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    A man Can only do with the tools he is given.
    Yeah but a man with shit tools doesn't sign blokes on the career scrapheap like Hoffman Poljak and Labi to two year deals further worsening his options to rebuild the squad

Yes the cards he was dealt were not great but it is how you play your hand that matters.

He is playing his hand badly

Well, I'm glad you've all gone back to slurping from the Scott Is Relatively Better cup. Have a merry Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Yeah but a man with shit tools doesn't sign blokes on the career scrapheap like Hoffman Poljak and Labi to two year deals further worsening his options to rebuild the squad

Yes the cards he was dealt were not great but it is how you play your hand that matters.

He is playing his hand badly
    Okay.

You're signed as coach to the Newcastle Jets.

You have 14 players already contracted for at least the season ahead. You have, at most, $900k to sign up to a maximum of 9 players without being able to utilise third party agreements.

Who would you have signed. Outline your formation. Your tactical strategies.

Go.

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Go.
    1. The answer to this is obvious and if you haven't worked it out yet then I can't do anything for you man.

2. I dunno, maybe 'something different'? Our team is slow. Why not put a #10 like Cooper into one of the 9 defensive mid spots the bloke seemingly plays. Kanta and Poljak aren't preventing goals and get bypassed in attack. Why continue making them your first 2 picked every week? Didn't seem to harm Jason Cullina playing a bit deeper. But yeah, why change an ineffective, losing formula huh?

3. Here's a good tactic, stop blaming your players. You train them, you select them, you set them up. You go into games in the hope of drawing. You make defensive subs when drawing or even losing. Your football is predictable boring and ineffective. Yet all you do is set up your players to fail then blame them when you do. It's cowardly and unacceptable. If there's nothing Miller can do why have a coach? I'm serious, sack him and let the players decide. It's all their fault anyway right?

But hey, you keep cheering him on. If the football you are seeing is what you want, then good for you.

I'll be back when the Jets earn my support. All good.

Hope you had a good Christmas Scott and if you would like any further info on why I can't stand your team please let me know.

Cheers,
    Plague.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    You honestly think he's learned nothing in the past two years?

Ange was reviled a decade ago. GVE may now be ready.

1. The answer to this is obvious and if you haven't worked it out yet then I can't do anything for you man.

2. I dunno, maybe 'something different'? Our team is slow. Why not put a #10 like Cooper into one of the 9 defensive mid spots the bloke seemingly plays. Kanta and Poljak aren't preventing goals and get bypassed in attack. Why continue making them your first 2 picked every week? Didn't seem to harm Jason Cullina playing a bit deeper. But yeah, why change an ineffective, losing formula huh?

3. Here's a good tactic, stop blaming your players. You train them, you select them, you set them up. You go into games in the hope of drawing. You make defensive subs when drawing or even losing. Your football is predictable boring and ineffective. Yet all you do is set up your players to fail then blame them when you do. It's cowardly and unacceptable. If there's nothing Miller can do why have a coach? I'm serious, sack him and let the players decide. It's all their fault anyway right?

But hey, you keep cheering him on. If the football you are seeing is what you want, then good for you.

Hope you had a good Christmas Scott and if you would like any further info on why I can't stand your team please let me know.

Cheers,
    Plague.
    Five star post. We jumped ship several weeks ago and life couldn't be better.

Cheers,
    Plague.
    Beating around the bush and numbering your 'points' doesn't mean you have answered the questions.

Beating around the bush and numbering your 'points' doesn't mean you have answered the questions.
    Using terrible cliches garnered from AM talkback radio doesn't say a whole lot for you either boss.

But hey, if you're cool with this team then cape up for your boy Miller all you want. As I said I'll be back once they are worthy of my support again.

If that never happens then so be it. I've got a great life, I'm good.

You do you though cuz, I like your optimism.

Yay Jets.

You came back pretty quick

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    You came back pretty quick
    you expect someone to use the term 'beat around the bush' and not get called out?

this topic is a true fascination for me. i honestly don't know why everyone is content with this situation. it makes me feel weird inside that people accept such mediocrity.
    i want these Miller truthers out there giving me the skinny on why he's so good.

i don't ask for much, but am so far not satisfied with the responses.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Okay.

You're signed as coach to the Newcastle Jets.

You have 14 players already contracted for at least the season ahead. You have, at most, $900k to sign up to a maximum of 9 players without being able to utilise third party agreements.

Go.
    4-4-2

Hoof it look long and quickly forward

Get rid of some players from the current squad to free up cash in the salary cap

Sign shit nobodies to one year see how you go deals

Don't spend 3-4 months searching for your foreign no 9 and 10 only to come up with two blokes who don't seem to fit into the style of play you wish to pursue

There we go

Not hard now answer Plagues question as to why a bloke who has achieved **** all is a sacred cow immune from criticism and critique of his efforts and sheep wish to excuse his mediocrity with nothing but excuses??
    Last edited by MFKS; 26-12-2015 at 08:09 PM.

4-4-2

Get rid of some players from the current squad to free up cash in the salary cap

Don't spend 3-4 months searching for your foreign no 9 and 10 only to come up with two blokes who don't seem to fit into the style of play you wish to pursue

There we go

Not hard now answer Plagues question as to why a bloke who has achieved **** all is a sacred cow immune from criticism and critique of his efforts and sheep wish to excuse his mediocrity with nothing but excuses??
    So it's obvious you care little for the style we play Cloughy...where do you think the Jets should be from a pure results perspective if Miller is doing such a bad job?

Points and table position are reasonable given the cattle on the park, with 2 of the best cows missing for a large slice of the season...mainly through the current run.

you expect someone to use the term 'beat around the bush' and not get called out?

this topic is a true fascination for me. i honestly don't know why everyone is content with this situation. it makes me feel weird inside that people accept such mediocrity.
    i want these Miller truthers out there giving me the skinny on why he's so good.

i don't ask for much, but am so far not satisfied with the responses.
    For me, I'm not satisfied but recognise the significant constraints that the club is under. I accept that our squad isn't particularly good, that our coach is a rookie and will make mistakes and that support from the ffa is sufficient to keep us afloat but not much more.

I'm not happy, but I'm not really sure what throwing hand grenades from will achieve.

Have they changed the rules about ditching players and their salaries still
    counting for the cap?

4-4-2

There we go

While I agree with 4-4-2, you cant just **** off players mid season and pick up new one. Sacking people does not free up the salary cap, it just leaves us in more of a mess till the end of the season.

Do I like the way we are playing, not at all. We haven't looked dangerous in attack at all. Has Miller done a good job, thats probably not, but you can not deny that when he came in he had bugger all salary cap to play with for a big chunk of the squad. Add to that the FFA not letting us make use of marquees and other salary cap work arounds, Millers ability to actually build a full squad has been limited.

To an extent depth has been a massive issue for us as well as tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    For me, I'm not satisfied but recognise the significant constraints that the club is under. I accept that our squad isn't particularly good, that our coach is a rookie and will make mistakes and that support from the ffa is sufficient to keep us afloat but not much more.

I'm not happy, but I'm not really sure what throwing hand grenades from will achieve.
    I dont get it the FFA own Brisbane and they have a solid roster with 2 Marquee players they take over us and we get the left overs they are not making the club very salable imo. I think Miller is very predictable as a coach with his tactics, I know we dont have a very good squad but he doesn't make any changes to our formation, style of play even when we are under the pump we just sit deep and its just a matter of time until we concede its very frustrating.