Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Banned
    Rightio.

Any of the Miller sheep wish to speak up now???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Rightio.

Any of the Miller sheep wish to speak up now???

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    This brings back some memories. Great choice Jetmaster.

Given the way the FFA has heavily invested in the set up of the squad this year, what makes you think that they would splash even loose change found in an ash tray to replace the coaching staff.

We are stuck with this shit until they find an owner (won't happen while they self destroy their own asset), or they do something stupid like merge the Jets/Mariners.

I hate the Jets more than I hate the Mariners. At least the Mariners score goals and show some pride in their shirt. Unlike these useless Jets fuxxx.
    Sack the lot of them.

I had a listen to the full press conference this morning and I took away from it that Scott Miller is taking a similar approach to, say, Gombau when he first started. That is he is implementing the system possibly at the forsake of results while most would argue the system should best suit the players (which we may also be doing). That's fine for him and maybe for the players if that is what they understand is happening but he's lucky that the league accommodates such a luxury by not having a relegation. He's also lucky that he doesn't have the English press to deal with because our press are soft on him.

Miller's demeanor is certainly not suggesting he is under pressure from the FFA or Eland.

If this year is just a stagnating year, with no pressure on Miller, the only people who are going to get hurt are the fans. That in turn will hurt the club because many have given them a third, fourth, fifth chance and I don't know how many will come back AGAIN. It may also damage the good work done with gaining sponsorship in the club.

Football is about winning. It's not about how well we implement the game plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Gombau's system was positive and showed signs of working. Miler's "system" isneither

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Gombau's system was positive and showed signs of working. Miler's "system" isneither
    Miller's system is probably similar to Arnold's at Sydney FC. Horrendous to watch but effective at getting points. i'm sure if we had Brosque and Holosko we would be in a much better league position.

That said, i hate anti-football so if we ever did become that negative i'd be furious. I don't mind being very structured and hard to break down but if we get to Sydney's level i'd probably have to eat my own words and head down to Palm tree stadium.

I'm hoping the plan is to spend this season making us tight-arses in defense and then once we learn that unleash 3-4 attack minded players on the counter and actually press teams and try to make things happen, rather than watching it unfold in front of us and then react. If that isn't the case and this is the limit of his abilities as a coach i'll happily join the Hatewagon and grab my pitchfork come the last few weeks of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Miller's demeanor is certainly not suggesting he is under pressure from the FFA or Eland.

If this year is just a stagnating year, with no pressure on Miller, the only people who are going to get hurt are the fans. That in turn will hurt the club because many have given them a third, fourth, fifth chance and I don't know how many will come back AGAIN. It may also damage the good work done with gaining sponsorship in the club.

Football is about winning. It's not about how well we implement the game plan.
    There is the problem for me. Miller is in the same situation as Stubbins was, that is, employed by an owner who wants to spend minimal cash and won't sack him just to avoid having to payout any termination.

I think Miller knows this which is why he never looks to be under any pressure at all, and it gives him the luxury to chase his vision whatever the damage to the club.

We have already seen that FFA's contribution is to be kept as low as possible.

As I see it, the way we are being run this year is exactly the same as last year, excepting the players are actually being paid. Investment in the club and the squad appears to be exactly the same, possibly less given we have a part time CEO.

It is definitely damaging the club though, I know of a lot of people that signed up as members this season giving it one last shot as the FFA were involved and there was a lot of talk of a new owner. I don't know if the FFA will get a second shot at the good faith of the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Miller's system is probably similar to Arnold's at Sydney FC. Horrendous to watch but effective at getting points. i'm sure if we had Brosque and Holosko we would be in a much better league position.

That said, i hate anti-football so if we ever did become that negative i'd be furious. I don't mind being very structured and hard to break down but if we get to Sydney's level i'd probably have to eat my own words and head down to Palm tree stadium.

I'm hoping the plan is to spend this season making us tight-arses in defense and then once we learn that unleash 3-4 attack minded players on the counter and actually press teams and try to make things happen, rather than watching it unfold in front of us and then react. If that isn't the case and this is the limit of his abilities as a coach i'll happily join the Hatewagon and grab my pitchfork come the last few weeks of the season.
    Lets see who our next two signings are. The first signing just shows me we are building for next season and the likely exit of some of our DM's. Its not going to help us crawl out of this seasons hole.

our recruitment is worse than our coaches

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    our recruitment is worse than our coaches
    I'm not setting my expectations very high, thats for sure.

We all turned up to too many games. We didn't give the FFA enough reason to actually pull their finger out and help us. We had more members than half the league with them having to barely lift a finger. They know the majority of us will be back next year no matter where we finish on the table and even though 1000s of people will walk away at season end, if they make 1 marquee signing or if we manage to win 3 games in a row the people of Newcastle will come back.

It's both a blessing and a curse.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Yay let's aim to play the kind of football that always get your ass spanked in grand finals if you're lucky enough to bore your way to one.

I'm an Arsenal fan, i can't stand watching football that isn't attacking and quick. But i'm also a realist and know what happens to teams who try to stick to a fancy idea of how football should be played when they don't have the players to do it.

We need a few more years until the league has enough money/local talent improves enough for teams to truly have style and philosophies. At the moment it's more about finding enough room in your salary cap/enough players keen to come to your team.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yay let's aim to play the kind of football that always get your ass spanked in grand finals if you're lucky enough to bore your way to one.
    I don't think we will be getting to any grand finals in the next year or two. So that won't be a problem plague

We all turned up to too many games. We didn't give the FFA enough reason to actually pull their finger out and help us. We had more members than half the league with them having to barely lift a finger. They know the majority of us will be back next year no matter where we finish on the table and even though 1000s of people will walk away at season end, if they make 1 marquee signing or if we manage to win 3 games in a row the people of Newcastle will come back.

It's both a blessing and a curse.
    I think the crowd numbers need to remain strong as otherwise it may be deemed that the club isn't worth moving forward with.
    I really suspect that with the troubles at both the Jets and Mariners the FFA would seriously consider a merger that would allow another Sydney team into the mix. (I have no evidential basis for this view, just a feeling).

We need a few more years until the league has enough money/local talent improves enough for teams to truly have style and philosophies.
    No.

The Jets had Griff and the football was glorious.

The Jets dont have Griff the football is garbage.

I don't buy into all this building for the future shit. I do though believe that if the money can be found it's more than possible to buy success much like the Wanderers did it.

Spending money on developing players is a waste of time and very inefficient both technically and financially.

Far better off to let other clubs take on the risk of player development and save your own money for buying the finished product.

How much has been spent / invested in Kanta or even Bk for that matter ? Was it worth it chasing the dream of local boy does good ? I doubt it.

We could have at least spent big on the finished product for two seasons or so and had some success - rather than roll the dice and be complete shit for 8 seasons.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 11-01-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Banned
    I'm an Arsenal fan, i can't stand watching football that isn't attacking and quick. But i'm also a realist and know what happens to teams who try to stick to a fancy idea of how football should be played when they don't have the players to do it.

We need a few more years until the league has enough money/local talent improves enough for teams to truly have style and philosophies. At the moment it's more about finding enough room in your salary cap/enough players keen to come to your team.

I don't think we will be getting to any grand finals in the next year or two. So that won't be a problem plague
    But aren't we sticking to a fancy idea of playing football that our players are incapable of playing??

Our blokes don't have the skill set to be playing a passing game and having success at doing it.

So why persist with it??

It ain't like we are Playing some high octane joga bonito stuff that ain't coming off at the moment but given time will work.

We are playing something that every other club in the league is better at than uz and expecting success.

Well **** me as it ain't working and it won't be ever working.

Miller needs to cut the shit.

Two up front hoof it long get it in the box and stop ****ing around. He can still park the bus and be as defensively structured as he likes. Just cut the shit when we have the ball and play it ****ing simple for now.

When he gets the personnel if ever he can start to be elaborate in attack. For now though

K
    I
    S
    S

Our blokes don't have the skill set to be playing a passing game and having success at doing it.
    He even said it in the presser.. Some of our players are playing to their capacity. But still insists they have to play better.. Hm...

But aren't we sticking to a fancy idea of playing football that our players are incapable of playing??

So why persist with it??

It ain't like we are Playing some high octane joga bonito stuff that ain't coming off at the moment but given time will work.

We are playing something that every other club in the league is better at than uz and expecting success.

Well **** me as it ain't working and it won't be ever working.

Miller needs to cut the shit.

Two up front hoof it long get it in the box and stop ****ing around. He can still park the bus and be as defensively structured as he likes. Just cut the shit when we have the ball and play it ****ing simple for now.

When he gets the personnel if ever he can start to be elaborate in attack. For now though

K
    I
    S
    S
    I don't think we have enough talent to go up top with Milos. Cabbage can't run, Enver can't dribble. Leo can't make it onto the field. Cooper can't score, Haliti is injured.

That said, Crowley, Kitto or Pav beside Milos is probably more potent than what we are currently doing so i agree that 4-4-2 should be given a crack.

With our current fullbacks not overlapping our 4-2-3-1 isn't effective anyway so 4 in midfield would make us both tighter in defense and also give us more passing options. We don't know how to pass but at least it gives us more options.